Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,307 members, 7,860,758 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A (1019 Views)

Fayose Spotted In South Africa Drinking Heineken at the airport / Fayose, Ekiti Lawmakers Hold Thanksgiving Service At Deeper Life: Photos / Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala Captured With APC Leaders At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
A
Re: A by pushtani(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Pretty long
No comments
I stay in ekiti not
Re: A by Kingdre(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: A by bettercreature(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
pushtani:
Pretty long

No comments

I stay in ekiti not
Don't mind the fooolish opinion,i dont like Fayose but this is a welcome development
Re: A by santos247(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is a brilliant expose. This project will become yet another black Elephant project like the Poultry project of yesteryears. I think our leaders only embark on bogus projects to siphon money and not based on developmental visions.

Where are the next generation of Ekiti indigenes to comment on thus thread They are busy on romanceland section or Attacking Ameachi's ministerial nomination.
Time will tell what part you played. @Op, you have spoken, posterity will judge you right!!!
Re: A by segalex: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
In all honesty, Ekiti state doesn't need airport for now and these are my reasons;
Airport construction is a capital intensive project and with the meager resources accruing to the state, I doubt if the state is buoyant enough to start and complete such a project without borrowing money.

Even if the state has the means, another question is, of what use will an airport be to an average Ekiti man? Like the op rightly stated majority of the people in the state are civil servants, artisans, pretty traders and farmers, who among these can afford boarding an airplane?
What is the economic importance of this airport to the state in general? How many Airlines will be willing to ply this route knowing fully well that there will be no passengers to lift(the case of the so called international airport in enugu comes to mind)
If the airport in Akure is underutilized despite the fact that Akure is much more developed than ado, what then will be the fate of this airport?
Are there no other projects that will benefit the general populace in Ekiti than wasting money on this airport project? Will it not be better to use this money to fix the roads in Ekiti most of wish are in deplorable state right now?
What about provision of portable water for the populace?
Provision of free or highly subsidized health care for under five and the pregnant women like it was done during the last administration
Payment of wassce and or neco fee for students
Provision of free education in pry and at least junior sec school

Some of us were against fayemi cos we felt he wasted huge amount of money building govt house, Pavillion and other useless projects when the money could have been spent on other people oriented projects

(1) (Reply)

Explosion Hit Lagos Sahara Report Photo / Countdown To Saraki's Trial: Will Justice Prevail? / Oyinlola Former Governor Of Osun State A Doom To Our Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.