Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? (1891 Views)

Help A Friend In Confusion About His Age! / Why Do People Falsify Age In Nigeria? / Is It Proper To Reduce Your Age To Get a Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by Tnycee(m): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2015
A friend recently received an invitation for interview from a company. After staying at home for a year after NYSC, he has decided to reduce his age in order to be eligible for the interview. he got a sworn affidavit from the court, but he is still worried if the company will ever find out, and how.

please let him know your opinion on the matter
Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by managermahmud: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2015
My broda, diaris ntn wrong with that. Only 30% of Nigerians uses their real age. Politicians, players, civil servants etc they dnt use their real ages. So long as him reducing his age will not cause direct harm to sum1

But meanwhile, op, u seem to be that ur frnd ogrin

2 Likes

Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by pasqal09: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2015
OP is he a learner? 90% of the nigerian labour force work with falsified ages.

1 Like

Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by Braaad: 7:34am On Oct 15, 2015
Ok, are u just waking up?? This age stuff is the next form of discrimination (on basis of age). It will interest you to know that most of the people asking you to be below 25,26 or 28 actually reduced their age before they got the job. If that your friend is very sound, I don't think the company will even fire him if they get to find out he reduced his age.

Meanwhile, let him keep praying and applying to other jobs that don't require 'below 25 with masters and 5 years experience' grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by Tnycee(m): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2015
managermahmud:
My broda, diaris ntn wrong with that. Only 30% of Nigerians uses their real age. Politicians, players, civil servants etc they dnt use their real ages. So long as him reducing his age will not cause direct harm to sum1

But meanwhile, op, u seem to be that ur frnd ogrin

thanks, but how far can a company go to find out your real age?
Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by managermahmud: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2015
Tnycee:

No company has such time. So long as u can discharge ur duties efficiently
Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by pasqal09: 7:49am On Oct 15, 2015
managermahmud:

No company has such time. So long as u can discharge ur duties efficiently
THEY CAN O

from history on your CV and from the age on your WAEC cetificate
Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by Tnycee(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2015
I think so many people have mistakes made on their waec certificate regarding date of birth. don't you think a sworn affidavit can cover all of that?
pasqal09:

THEY CAN O

Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Tnycee:

They can find out. . From your waec result and years you finished school. .

I wrote a test where they were questioning a guy concerning his claimed age...

They asked him " you finished primary school soso years, finished sec ... and finished uni ..., yet you claim to be ...... does it mean you finished primary sch at 6 years?" shocked grin
Some age falsification could be so dump and revealing. .. anything more than 2yrs would find you out!

I'm all for honesty shaa, what is mine can never elude me...

3 Likes

Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by tenderlaw(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2015
Depends on the company you are talking about. At my present work place, the screening started right from primary school certificate. So if the age you are declaring sounds like you finished primary school at d age of 8, the. You know there is something really fishy going on. Think about it before you proceed.
Re: Should He Falsify His Age To Get A Job? by castel428: 4:41pm On May 16, 2017
pasqal09:

THEY CAN O

Me I de the Op shoes at the moment. I need to apply for my MSc and I want to reduce my age cz I also want to be applying for jobs but the issue is not just the DOB in waec cert but that of school transcript. I really don't know what to do and I want to apply for international passport and any age I use there can't be changed again

(1) (Reply)

Lightheights Interview Invites / Part-time Job Opportunities For Undergraduate And Post-graduate Students Only! / Mpi Invition For Online Trainee Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.