Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Is This A Scam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This A Scam? (701 Views)

Was TSTV A Scam? / Shell USA Job Slot(not A Scam) / Please Help Me Is This A Scam? Urgent Please - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam? by Daughterzion(f): 6:48am On Oct 17, 2015
Please big aunties and uncles of nairaland i need an advice on a certain issue.
My name is Okebe Blessing and am in ss2. One day a group of representatives from U.B.A bank came to my school to advertise their products for young children in which even a day old child could open an account with hundred naira, just fill in a form dn take a picture for a passport.
I opened the account and they said that d account number would be sent to my number shortly. That happened last 2 weeks friday and just yersterday i receivd d account number.
So my question is is this genuine considering that they didnt require for any birth certificate,nepa bill,id card and the rest as other banks do but just hundred naira and a passport..
Please i need answers because my aunt wants to send some money into the account.
Thanks
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2015
Hi Namesake,may be it's Student Account, But Before You Save Any money On It, Make Sure You Have A Valid debit card,then you can go to any UBA bank in your area to confirm it.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? by joannes7(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2015
lol.... dont be scared.. but as the above poster pointed out get your debit card or go to any uba branch and confirm the account number.
Re: Is This A Scam? by Daughterzion(f): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2015
Bambless1:
Hi Namesake,may be it's Student Account, But Before You Save Any money On It, Make Sure You Have A Valid debit card,then you can go to any UBA bank in your area to confirm it.
Thanks but uncle please can you enlighten me on what a debit card is? I mean ave heard of it but i dont know of it
Re: Is This A Scam? by Daughterzion(f): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2015
joannes7:
lol.... dont be scared.. but as the above poster pointed out get your debit card or go to any uba branch and confirm the account number.
.....lol... Sir i should b for dis naija o. But please whats a debit card
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
Thanks but uncle please can you enlighten me on what a debit card is? I mean ave heard of it but i dont know of it
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
ATM
Re: Is This A Scam? by Daughterzion(f): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2015
Bambless1:
ATM
yeah they said that when it reaches one thousand naira we would be an Atm card. I knew it as Atm not debit card
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
yeah they said that when it reaches one thousand naira we would be an Atm card. I knew it as Atm not debit card
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
Just Go To Any UBA bank to know if the account is real or fake.
Re: Is This A Scam? by Daughterzion(f): 8:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Ok thanks a lot for ur help
Bambless1:
Just Go To Any UBA bank to know if the account is real or fake.
Re: Is This A Scam? by Bambless1(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
Ok thanks a lot for ur help
You're Welcome

(1) (Reply)

Praise Nyerere Ayim Makes 10years To Day / Man Kills Basketball Coach Because He Dropped His Daughter From The Team(photos) / Weirdest Animals In Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.