Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice (1678 Views)

Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees / Friends Mourn UNEC Student Who Died A Painful Death (Photos) / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
T
Re: Advice by Mrsbieber(f): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Rily as in are u seriously serious abeg u're just goin to waste ur tym even pple wit 250 cant study medicine even if dey gave u medicine by d tym u av lyk 8 carryovers u body wil com beta study wat ur i.q can carry mtchew
Re: Advice by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
Don't forfeit your admission for 'Medicine'.. Gone are the days when Doctors used to lead the pack.

That profession now lives on past glory, just as the first generation schools (OAU, UI, UNIBEN etc) are living on past glory grin

Show me one rich Doctor and I'll show you 20 rich Engineers..

P.S: If you want it, go for it..

I don find trouble grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice by galadima77(m): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
You scored up to 190 and 210 then went ahead to use the word "dull" to qualify yourself?

Start growing some ego and self respect, then you'd appreciate the fact that even doctors need the help of lab attendants, mechanics, etc.

Every profession is important in its own right n there's a difference between striving for ur ambition and inferiority complex. Yours looks more like the latter!
Re: Advice by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Don't forfeit your admission for 'Medicine'.. Gone are the days when Doctors used to lead the pack.

That profession now lives on past glory, just as the first generation schools (OAU, UI, UNIBEN etc) are living on past glory grin

thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Advice by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
galadima77:
You scored up to 190 and 210 then went ahead to use the word "dull" to qualify yourself?

Start growing some ego and self respect, then you'd appreciate the fact that even doctors need the help of lab attendants, mechanics, etc.

Every profession is important in its own right n there's a difference between striving for ur ambition and inferiority complex. Yours looks more like the latter!
thanks
Re: Advice by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

that profession now lives on past glory, just as the first generation schools (OAU, UI, UNIBEN etc) are living on past glory grin

guy abeg how UI take live on past glories abeg, the first and the best university in nigeria
Re: Advice by Uncleodi(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
That u gained admission to study Medicine isn't a guarantee u will graduate as a doctor. We were 250 in Year 1 in my class but only 91 graduated after 8 years of serious academic war.

The rest either finished up in Nursing, medlab or Economics.

It's true that drs are comfortable but if I knew what I know now, I would have gone for information technology / computer science. My best friend in secondary school just bought a 75million Naira house in Australia. He is not a doctor.

Not trying to discourage u bro but pursue what u have at hand 1st and thank me latter.

1 Like

Re: Advice by Fxwarrior: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mrsbieber:
Rily as in are u seriously serious abeg u're just goin to waste ur tym even pple wit 250 cant study medicine even if dey gave u medicine by d tym u av lyk 8 carryovers u body wil com beta study wat ur i.q can carry mtchew

Babe there's no need to be too harsh on the kid. He simply needs our advice.

Op I won't advice you to study medicine cos apart from being challenging. It needs much money and you wouldn't want to waste your parents money on a futile venture.

I won't advice you to study building since your interest is not there. I would rather advice you to look inwards and discover what you are good in. Which subjects did you find too easy to pass during your secondary school days. Look towards a course that is related to it.
I understand you admire doctors. I admire them too and at a point wanted to do medicine but omo my score no reach had to switch to another course.

Finally: If you can't be the world, be a continent. If you can't be a continent, be a country. If you can't be a country, be a state.
If you can't be a state, be a local government. But be the best local government that you can ever be!
Re: Advice by Leitner: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Uncleodi:

The rest either finished up in Nursing, medlab or Economics.

This is puppycocks!. Which Uni do they chase people from a Dept in Health sciences to another Dept in that same health sciences?.

Op,after analyzing you and taking your past UME scores into consideration,the gospel truth is that- you'd prolly write UME @least another 8 times b4 you are finally given Medicine(in reputable Unis)

The only reason why my assertions might not be true is-

1) You were AT ALL not serious when you were writing your previous UMEs and you know on a normal day,you'd obviously do A LOT better if you had been more serious

OR

2) You eventually use "long legs".

My advice- Except you have a real burning passion for Medicine and immense amt of patience(the kind of passion/patience that will make you wait prolly,5 yrs for the course),you should just look for another course(there are many great courses out there) that you have @ least some amt of interest in.

My 2kobo!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Angry Rufai And Abati Disgrace Reno As A Worthless Troll / The Truth About Utme Examination And How To Pass It / Lautech Direct Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.