Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (32680 Views)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Talking Nonsense - Edwin Clark / Buhari's Mid- Term Score Card By Ross Alabo-george / Enough Of This Biafran Nonsense!!! By Alabo Abiye Akkio-abbey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
PenSniper:

Thanks bro. I appreciate you.
I have ignored him for sometime now. I was surprised to see him quote me with his usual crank insults and excessivelly-long cut and paste gibberish which made me upbraid him for failing to seek psychiatric solution to his problem as advised.

xtrorse:

PenSniper, the fetish inbred slave, no amount of exorcism will save you from your eternal punishment courtesy of your cursed generation of ritualists and cannibals.

I really empathise with you on your Cotard’s Delusion, “Walking Corpse Syndrome” disease.

Take heart and endure it since you worked for it.
Re: . by MrPresident1: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
DMerciful:
Since you have accepted your servitude don't drag igbos along......we are not slaves to anybody including ourselves. Go and read why indirect rule failed in the east! You said Yoruba voted for Bok0hari to spite igbos now the question is why are you fighting for one Nigeria with Igbos if you despise them?

I am no tribalist, I just lay bare the facts. You keep deceiving yourself that some people are holding you back from leaving, rally the state houses of assembly in your states to raise a motion that they all want to secede, let your elected representatives table the matter at senate and the house of Reps, let your governors raise the matter at the National council of state, you will be allowed to secede. Stop deceiving and consoling yourself, nobody is holding Biafra from going out of Nigeria.

However, in as much as I have said this, I know fully that the Yorubas and the Igbos are essentially the same people spiritually, both are however presently dislocated from spiritual heritage, we both came from the same source.

Yoruba are not in any alliance with Fulani, forget the play that is being staged by the people who think they have brought the Yoruba people to the centre, there is no concord between Fulani and Yoruba because they are not the same people, they are spiritually a different and disparate people, Islam is the only region of contiguity between both tribes and this is the reason majority of the Yoruba supporters of this present arrangement are Muslims. The Yoruba intelligentsia has nothing to do with Buhari, time will prove me right.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
laudate:
laudate, the hypocrite and the first-class delusional degree holder, you've been taking overdose Panadol for someone else's headache and now you've ran out of stock. 
Just to help, check the Phensic on your medicine shelf, it will go a long way in calming your strained nerves on Biaf...

However, no matter your lies, falsehood and propaganda against the Igbo Nation your portion is still with your slave masters.

The earlier you face North or OduaArewanistan republic where you're most needed as loyal, slavish subjects the better for your survival.
Re: . by laudate: 12:09am On Oct 25, 2015
MrPresident1:
I am no tribalist, I just lay bare the facts. You keep deceiving yourself that some people are holding you back from leaving, rally the state houses of assembly in your states to raise a motion that they all want to secede, let your elected representatives table the matter at senate and the house of Reps, let your governors raise the matter at the National council of state, you will be allowed to secede. Stop deceiving and consoling yourself, nobody is holding Biafra from going out of Nigeria.

However, in as much as I have said this, I know fully that the Yorubas and the Igbos are essentially the same people spiritually, both are however presently dislocated from spiritual heritage, we both came from the same source.

Yoruba are not in any alliance with Fulani, forget the play that is being staged by the people who think they have brought the Yoruba people to the centre, there is no concord between Fulani and Yoruba because they are not the same people, they are spiritually a different and disparate people, Islam is the only region of contiguity between both tribes and this is the reason majority of the Yoruba supporters of this present arrangement are Muslims. The Yoruba intelligentsia has nothing to do with Buhari, time will prove me right.

Guy, I was enjoying your post until I got to this part where you said: "the Yorubas and the Igbos are essentially the same people spiritually, both are however presently dislocated from spiritual heritage, we both came from the same source." Haba! In what way? shocked Maka gini? shocked Why you come fall my hand now?? Is there something that you Igbo and Yoruba people know that I do not know??

How can Yoruba and Igbo be the same spiritually?? No talk am again, o! I have plenty of Yoruba and Igbo friends that will vex if they read this one. angry

And if you say the Yoruba have no concord with the Fulani, then it means you have not been to Ilorin or the Middle belt where some minority Yorubas reside. sad Many of them have intermarried with the Fulani, that they now have a clearly defined culture of their own that is a mixture of both tribes. It is not unusual to find some Ilorin indigenes that speak both Yoruba and Fulfulde.

Guy, take am easy o.... this your analysis no just jell at all. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by Xpaz: 12:17am On Oct 25, 2015
ikechu1278:

1. Igweocha itself is the historical name all Igbo had for current day PH before European gave it the term PH. Even the current members of ohaneze from ikwerre such as obi wali, Issac wonwu, etc equally refers to PHC as igweocha. Nothing is stopping una from calling ph whatever names your ancestors called it prior to European invasion is there? Last I checked, are Igbo pointing gun in una head to follow us refer PH as igweocha? Are we?

2. I'm from SS, asaba precisely, and I don't see nor do I consider Ken Saro wiwa nor Issac Adaka boro as ND hero's. My hero is Chief Dennis Osadebay. Just because osadebay is a hero in anioma does that now translate him as ND hero? No. likewise the two mentioned. Ken wiwa and Issac boro are hero's to their own tribe and I highly highly doubt you expect any Igbo to show respect to two people who assisted in killing our people? It is like asking Igbo's to respect awolowo. The same way una have no respect for ojukwu despite he is a loved man in the Igbo community and we have no problem nor drilling down in ppls head to respect him is the same way you shouldn't drill down on igbo to respect those we believed hurt us. Simple!!! For the second part of your post, I really cannot speak on that part because in some occasion, SE have accused anioma of treachery before so I won't try to speak nor defend it.

3. I agree with you on that aspect. Likewise you should follow your owm advice. The same way I cannot speak for you or anyone else for that matter is likewise the same way you cannot speak for me, etche, etc. The reason SE people go on attack is first una attack them first. Secondly, twisting facts to present itself as they are channeling or forcing community to protest. Like for example: asking the protesters to protest in abuja when based on the names released from the arrest majority of the protesters in pH were etche and last I checked etche community is in river state. You have no right to tell them to leave the land of their ancestors to go protest somewhere just because you disagree with their own opinions. The same way they respect you enough not to force you to join them is the same way you should extend that same respect to them..
The reason I say this is because I was here and read individuals telling the asaba women that protested to leave asaba and go protest in anambra despite itself asaba is our ancestors land.
Respect is reciprocally... Don't swing if una don't want igbo swinging cause we'll swing back.
Ikechukwu.
keep d Good work up.
you reason and talk just like your name.

1 Like

Re: . by MrPresident1: 12:22am On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:

Guy, I was enjoying your post until I got to this part where you said: "the Yorubas and the Igbos are essentially the same people spiritually, both are however presently dislocated from spiritual heritage, we both came from the same source." Haba! In what way? Why you come fall my hand now?? Maka gini? shocked Is there something that you Igbo and Yoruba people know that I do not know??

How can Yoruba and Igbo be the same spiritually?? No talk am again, o! I have plenty of Yoruba and Igbo friends that will vex if they read this one. angry

And if you say the Yoruba have no concord with the Fulani, then it means you have not been to Ilorin or the Middle belt where some minority Yorubas reside. sad Many of them have intermarried with the Fulani, that they now have a clearly defined culture of their own that is a mixture of both tribes. It is not unusual to find some Ilorin indigenes that speak both Yoruba and Fulfulde.

Guy, take am easy o.... this your analysis no just jell at all. cheesy

I take my bearing from the Bible, and I have some very[i] very[/i] peculiar beliefs, I know what i say when I affirm that the Igbos and the Yorubas are the same people. Fulani have forever sought to subvert and subjugate the Yoruba people, an Alaafin of Oyo was turbanned in Ilorin (I forget the name now), and if not for the rally by the warriors of Ibadan who defeated the Fulani at Osogbo in the mid 1800s, these people would have completely defeated and subjugated the Yoruba people. We would no longer have Alaafin of Oyo, but Emir of Oyo, no Obas, only emirs, district heads and sarkis; all Fulanis. These are historically verifiable facts.

Ilorin is there today as a symbol of treachery within the Yoruba people, an eternal sign of what treachery can do to a people.
Re: . by laudate: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2015
MrPresident1:
I take my bearing from the Bible, and I have some very[i] very[/i] peculiar beliefs, I know what i say when I affirm that the Igbos and the Yorubas are the same people. Fulani have forever sought to subvert and subjugate the Yoruba people, an Alaafin of Oyo was turbanned in Ilorin (I forget the name now), and if not for the rally by the warriors of Ibadan who defeated the Fulani at Osogbo in the mid 1800s, these people would have completely defeated and subjugated the Yoruba people. We would no longer have Alaafin of Oyo, but Emir of Oyo, no Obas, only emirs, district heads and sarkis; all Fulanis. These are historically verifiable facts.

Ilorin is there today as a symbol of treachery within the Yoruba people, an eternal sign of what treachery can do to a people.

Guy, if you say the Igbo and Yoruba are the same spiritually because of their Christian beliefs, then it means the Yoruba are also spiritually the same with any Sayyawa, Kanuri, Bachama or Fulani who believes in our Lord Jesus, accepts His redemptive work and obeys His commandments, by living his life according to Christian tenets! cheesy There are Fulani Christians o, but very few.

Do you have any idea what Northern Christians in the far north go through, in order to practise their faith?? Are you aware that the pentecostal churches in Sokoto are located outside the town?? Am going to stop here as I do not want to turn this into a religious thread. So, please do not generalise about the Yoruba and igbo being the same spiritually, if you cannot extend your definition to cover other ethnic groups, using your biblical criteria! undecided

1 Like

Re: . by MrPresident1: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:

Guy, if you say the Igbo and Yoruba are the same spiritually because of their Christian beliefs, then it means the Yoruba are also spiritually the same with any Sayyawa, Kanuri, Bachama or Fulani who believes in our Lord Jesus, accepts His redemptive work and obeys His commandments, by living his life according to Christian tenets! cheesy There are Fulani Christians o, but very few.

Do you have any idea what Northern Christians in the far north go through, in order to practise their faith?? Are you aware that the pentecostal churches in Sokoto are located outside the town?? Am going to stop here as I do not want to turn this into a religious thread. So, please do not generalise about the Yoruba and igbo being the same spiritually, if you cannot extend your definition to cover other ethnic groups, using your biblical criteria! undecided

I am not discussing religion with you, I am laying historical facts (corroborated by the Bible). Fulani and Yoruba have been at loggerheads since antiquity, you have reading to catch up on. The Yoruba and the Igbo despite the rivalry and sometimes the unease between both of them have never taken up arms one against the other. They are brothers who have lost heritage and the sense of who they both truly are.

Many northern minorities share the same plight with the Yorubas, they have sought to subjugate them for long, by hook or crook. There is no concord between Fulanis and Yorubas, and this is the same with all the other tribes they have successfully used, you either accept to be used or you become an enemy.

In the fullness of time, all will be laid bare and you will understand what I am saying.
Re: . by Truckpusher(m): 4:07am On Oct 25, 2015
shady26:
Very Serious accusations brother......i was once told "after a fight,everything could be forgotten even the punches thrown and the kicks given but not the words spoken". I for one fought against my Yoruba friends(in real life) over the issue of Diezanni, GEJ and Alams,passionately and stubbornly defending them against what i felt was injustice against a kin and never for once thinking of YOUR OIL(what is my own with crude?). All that was until i read your post above......
It is a well known fact that all bigger nations always wants to subjugate the minority and when you look at the events before the civil war it is evident that the North only succeeded in beating you at your own game by probably making a better deal with the West who was already suspecting Ojukwu to be running with a communist ideology at the height of the Cold War.

If the event had turned out in your favor we would still be speaking the same language of oppression and subjugation though it would have been a little better but the voice of resentment would have been more vocal and I srongly feel that a lot would have happened.
Y'all run with the same mindset but it's too late - you'll either accept us as equal partners with a different distinct people to untie ourselves from what was your fault or go declare your Biafra let's see how that pans out.
You all know the drill , I don't need to remind you .
Re: . by Truckpusher(m): 4:16am On Oct 25, 2015
xtrorse:

PenSniper, the fetish inbred slave, no amount of exorcism will save you from your eternal punishment courtesy of your cursed generation of ritualists and cannibals.

I really empathise with you on your Cotard’s Delusion, “Walking Corpse Syndrome” disease.

Take heart and endure it since you worked for it.
Calling a Niger Deltan a slave isn't just stupidity at its peak but also a comic relief .

You should be asking yourselves how come a major stakeholder in the Nigerian project was suddenly dumped in the backwaters of relegation.
How a major tribe that contributed immensely to what Nigeria is today was dumped on the side bench of the corridors of power is a serious call for concern and not a minority that you yourselves were the architect of their own problem.

3 Likes

Re: . by kunle1960: 6:05am On Oct 25, 2015
Alabo,you are a fool.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Calling a Niger Deltan a slave isn't just stupidity at its peak but also a comic relief .

You should be asking yourselves how come a major stakeholder in the Nigerian project was suddenly dumped in the backwaters of relegation.
How a major tribe that contributed immensely to what Nigeria is today was dumped on the side bench of the corridors of power is a serious call for concern and not a minority that you yourselves were the architect of their own problem.
[b]
Truckpusher, if you think you are no slave and a boisterous clown then stand for your right and maintain your stand. Seek for your emancipation.

You can't claim that you know what you want and still be a dog in a manger to others who seek to opt out of the union. That's stupidity in the highest order!

If you're a true Niger-deltan you will not look for the Igbos to blame for your plight. How can you be a Niger-deltan when all you do is to masturbate and scream when you hear Biaf...?

How can you be a true Niger-deltan when you cannot comment sensibly without attacking the Igbos as if that's your hope for emancipation?

What sort of silly cowardice is that?

You fail to man up and challenge the plunderers of your lands and resources; those who steal the commonwealth to better their own regions, religion and elites while relegating you and your people to the background. And you dare have the guts to blame the Igbos for your miseries?

If you and your elites are not the architect of your problems courtesy of your past decisions you wouldn't be living at the mercies of the born-to-rule bigots.

How many of you dare challenge the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity? And you still feel by pretending that all is well and repeating the same thing over and over again you can achieve a different result. At least the 101 years of existence of this union is a testament to that.

You don't need to use the plight of the Igbos, who have chosen to take the bull by the horn, to cover the cowardly mien of your slavish people.

You lots should cease blaming the Igbos who have been far from political power for close to 50 years for your woes. It's pathetic already!

You should worry about your people who are still confused about what they want for themselves. They only seem to find their voices when is time to rile Igbos on IPOB issues.

The struggle for survival is a personal race. Don't leave your lane to create obstruction for me. You've got to liberate your mind first.[/b]
Re: . by mikkyson(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2015
if the Biafra people are fit for self government they should allow them to go secession has been their songs for liberation. from Yoruba man
Re: . by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 25, 2015
I can't believe these

Re: . by SUBWAY101(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:
@ Ayobabas, Abikubu, Wale6run, PenSniper, you guys should realise that the person you are exchanging words with, has a mental problem that defies any solution. Please ignore him. His modus operandi to insult, vilify and pour vitriol on anyone who does not share his view, as if God did not give all men freedom of choice.

He always derails any thread he gets into, with his insults and cut & paste propaganda.

This thread was getting really interesting with people either confirming or debunking the myths that have been held concerning non-Igbo minorities in the east, during the civil war. Now what has happened? It has been derailed and the search to unearth the truth has been compromised. Just pray for him because he needs spiritual deliverance from the psychosis that has taken hold of his mind.

Ahahaha. True talk. The guy dey try with all those copy and paste stuff, am sure he saved them in different notepads. Some people are truly jobless. Chaii

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:
Ahahaha. True talk. The guy dey try with all those copy and paste stuff, am sure he saved them in different notepads. Some people are truly jobless. Chaii

Rapscallion, I can afford to work hard and feed your generation.
Re: . by SUBWAY101(m): 7:31am On Oct 25, 2015
xtrorse:

Rapscallion, I can afford to work hard and feed your generation.

Lmao E pain am. Chest beating oaf. See as den disgrace you on this thread. I laugh tire. Kikikikikiki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:
Lmao E pain am. Chest beating oaf. See as den disgrace you on this thread. I laugh tire. Kikikikikiki

Decibel:
SUBWAY101 your nefarious activities here are well-known to all and sundry, only the newbies are not aware that you are a yoruba impostor, and fraudster hiding under yoruba to carry out your fraudulent activities on this forum.How can a sane man operating over 20 monikers on nairaland? You are nothing but a FRAUD!! grin
fx45:
You keep shouting OPC, OPC.... When are you going to join the OPC and start fighting from the front? Don't you have balls? Or are your balls only meant for impregnating women?
Re: . by SUBWAY101(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2015
xtrorse:

Ahahahah You even have the time to save people's comment. Bro, time waits for no one, stop wasting your life online. Na wao

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:
Ahahahah You even have the time to save people's comment. Bro, time waits for no one, stop wasting your life online. Na wao

Decibel:
SUBWAY101 your nefarious activities here are well-known to all and sundry, only the newbies are not aware that you are a yoruba impostor, and fraudster hiding under yoruba to carry out your fraudulent activities on this forum.How can a sane man operating over 20 monikers on nairaland? You are nothing but a FRAUD!! grin
fx45:
You keep shouting OPC, OPC.... When are you going to join the OPC and start fighting from the front? Don't you have balls? Or are your balls only meant for impregnating women?
Re: . by DMerciful(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2015
Thanks for your response. Sinecerely I honestly want Igbos and Yorubas to cooperate more, to have more healthy relationship and I am honestly tired of this cold war. But the most important reason why I want both groups to work together more is cos they hold the key to turn Nigeria to Europe standard. Cheers man.
MrPresident1:

Re: . by soundtruth(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2015
The demonstration by IPOB members in Port Harcourt should not be used as a yardstick in assessing our hardworking brothers from the East.

Educated people need to rise up above such trivial sentiments.
Re: . by SUBWAY101(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2015
xtrorse:

Same foolishness over and over. Get well soon.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Same foolishness over and over. Get well soon.

Decibel:
fx45:
Re: . by MrMbaM: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Anyone that puts his middle finger into ya mommas anus is Amadi? Stu.pid boy grin

Amadi, Accursed son of a deranged animal, you can continue to deny your foolish name if that will make you happy and let your useless father continue to rest in hell. Shameless coward.
Re: . by ikechu1278: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Did you read where it reads "At least part of portharcourt"?

Can't you see that the other PART belong to some other people(Okrikans)? Like I said, Portharcourt is Never Igwoecha or whatever. You may tag Ikwerreland as such (if they accept) but Not Portharcourt as presently constituted because the status of Portharcourt South is non-negotable and never Igwe-whatever.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2995758_screenshot201510241551051_png076e106bf72d5f1f8da8569f3156e076

OMFG I'm tired of being civil to your @ss.
And where the hell did I say the ijaw portion is Igweocha? Point that sh1t out to me? Who spoke for the entire PH area? Me or you? The entire freaking time I spoke to you, I REPEATEDLY mentioned IKWERRE AND IKWERRE ALONE. I REPEATEDLY mentioned Ikwerre indigenous known to call PH Igweocha but no, like a f2king dictator, you scream and shout "RESPECT THE OWNERS", as if you were made the owner yourself. I even mentioned and I quote "are Igbos holding you from calling PH whatever name your ancestors called it"?

Whether you like it or not, Igweocha is a name known by all Igbos..given to it by the IKWERRE community and still being used till this day by the Ikwerre community and if you don't like the name, go bash your head at the wall. Cause the rest of us are not going to stop calling it that name as long as the indigenous of that land calls it that name. Similar to how you tried to dictate to the etche and co individuals that protested to leave and protest in Abuja despite their community and lands is in River state. Shamelessly even when the extent of claiming they gave false information/names to the police just because you disapprove of their ideology. With this, I actually pity every community residing next to you ijaws. No f2king wonder una fight every group you share a land with. Tufiakwa!!! Spit on the floor.

1 Like

Re: . by ikechu1278: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
laudate:

I know about the burning of Chief Nabo Bekinbo Graham-Douglas' library, because I know members of his family. And till today, his descendants still make reference to it. Chief Nabo Graham-Douglas, was a Kalabari man, who declined the offer to be the Attorney General of Biafra, shortly after he had been serving as the Attorney General of the defunct Eastern Region. Graham-Douglas was later appointed the Attorney General of Nigeria, at the start of the civil war! undecided
grin grin grin grin Dude you are the WORST liar known to men. Is there anybody you don't know or have family members to? Anytime you are called out on a statement you can't back up with fact you automatically either know the person or somehow have a relative from the said area. quiet laughable. Even the lady you directed me to made no mention of douglas library being burned rather she stated few of his books and his houses burnt, by the eastern indigienous, not even biafran soldiers. It was a Biafran political leader, ironically from river state, who locked him and Douglas in jail for their own protection against the indigenous, not the soldiers. Did you even read what that lady said in her interview before directing me to it?
Infact the lady interview once more proved the OP article as false because it once again pointed out a detailed statement the author highlighted and tried to pass off as an accurate fact. which is ojukwu exiled douglas to abeonema and had plans to assassinate him. Ironically, the lady you directed to me mentioned that both her husband, Douglas and other were detained and jailed by Chief Emmanuel Aguma for their own protection. She equally mentioned Aguma who was very active in Biafra government instructing Biafran soldiers to watch over the men he had detained and mind you he detained them flat out in middle of Biafra, Owerri precisely. Therefore I ask, if the Biafran soldiers and Ojukwu had plans to execute Douglas, why would they be the ones protecting him along with others? Does that in any way, shape or form make sense to anybody with half a brain. Obviously he was being protected from the indigenous who disapproved of his support to Nigeria. The lady in question assisted in disproving the author yet again so thank you for that..explains the reason why Douglas never mentioned Ojukwu's plan to assassinate him that the author claimed he knew about.. Let's count it..this is the second state regarding Douglas by the OP that's been proven as false. Thank you for the article..saving it!!

This made the Biafrans label him as a saboteur, because they felt upset that he declined to serve in Ojukwu's Biafran government, but later went on to accept a position in Gowon's cabinet. As a result, his properties in the East were targeted. sad
WTF are you talking about?

I have not read Chief Nabo Bekinbo Graham-Douglas's book in full, but I have come across a few people who actually summarised excerpts from his book.

Two scholars Kingdom E. Orji PhD & N-Ue, Uebari Samuel of the University of Port-Harcourt, made reference to his book in their paper titled Nigerian Civil War and Refugee Crisis: The Fate of the Minorities in the Former Eastern Region which was published in the IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 16, Issue 2, PP 45-57, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845:
And did I deny he said such? Also that option absolutely nothing to do with the content of discussion. The content was did Douglas know about the succession and did he write about it? Yes he did. Well since he did, how come the OP claimed he did not?

In an interview granted to The Nation newspapers, dated October 12th 2011, Judy Nwanodi, the 76 year old expatriate wife of the late Chief Nwobike Nwanodi, recalls that the houses of the late Chief Nabo Graham-Douglas was ransacked and burnt in Port-harcourt during the war. She also states that their legal books were taken out and burnt and Graham-Douglas refused to rebuild the house after the war. The house is said to still be located on I.B Johnson Street in Port-harcourt. It is on page 30 of the publication. If you have access to ISSUU, then you can read the rest of the interview here:http://issuu.com/thenation/docs/0ctober_12__2011/30
Thanks for the interview. Just incase you don't know there is a difference between a HOUSE and a LIBRARY.

Also after the pogrom in the North against the Easterners in the sixties, there were reprisal attacks against Northerners living in Igbo land, which were carried out by the Easterners themselves.
Oh so now you saying you know more than Douglas...the man that lived in Eastern Nigeria at the time and was active during that time. Okay, since you know more than him..bring your proof. I'm waiting.

With regards to Col. Ojeh, so you believe the NL member who mentioned that Col. Ojeh does not exist in Degema is the sole authority on the civil war for you?? How funny! You need to consult widely. This is a country of over 150 million people, and the people of Degema and Abonemma exceed 2 million.

Like I asked you before, "do you know the names of every single officer that enlisted in the Biafran army, or served with them from 1967 - 1970?? Why are you then doubting if the man existed?? " undecided
Dude stop trying to be half smart. The author of the article claimed this Col Ojeh committed numerous atrocity in River state, going by every war history worldwide known to men, individuals that did such atrocity are well known, well discussed and well written about. The indigenous whom they targeted will speak up on that. Ironically, in case of this Col Ojeh of Degema, other than the author nobody else seems to have spoken of him. Interesting!!! Even you can't be that slow

1 Like

Re: . by laudate: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
ikechu1278:

grin grin grin grin Dude you are the WORST liar known to men. Is there anybody you don't know or have family members to? Anytime you are called out on a statement you can't back up with fact you automatically either know the person or somehow have a relative from the said area. quiet laughable. Even the lady you directed me to made no mention of douglas library being burned rather she stated few of his books and his houses burnt, by the eastern indigienous, not even biafran soldiers. It was a Biafran political leader, ironically from river state, who locked him and Douglas in jail for their own protection against the indigenous, not the soldiers. Did you even read what that lady said in her interview before directing me to it?
Infact the lady interview once more proved the OP article as false because it once again pointed out a detailed statement the author highlighted and tried to pass off as an accurate fact. which is ojukwu exiled douglas to abeonema and had plans to assassinate him. Ironically, the lady you directed to me mentioned that both her husband, Douglas and other were detained and jailed by Chief Emmanuel Aguma for their own protection. She equally mentioned Aguma who was very active in Biafra government instructing Biafran soldiers to watch over the men he had detained and mind you he detained them flat out in middle of Biafra, Owerri precisely. Therefore I ask, if the Biafran soldiers and Ojukwu had plans to execute Douglas, why would they be the ones protecting him along with others? Does that in any way, shape or form make sense to anybody with half a brain. Obviously he was being protected from the indigenous who disapproved of his support to Nigeria. The lady in question assisted in disproving the author yet again so thank you for that..explains the reason why Douglas never mentioned Ojukwu's plan to assassinate him that the author claimed he knew about.. Let's count it..this is the second state regarding Douglas by the OP that's been proven as false. Thank you for the article..saving it!!

WTF are you talking about?

And did I deny he said such? Also that option absolutely nothing to do with the content of discussion. The content was did Douglas know about the succession and did he write about it? Yes he did. Well since he did, how come the OP claimed he did not?

Thanks for the interview. Just incase you don't know there is a difference between a HOUSE and a LIBRARY.

Oh so now you saying you know more than Douglas...the man that lived in Eastern Nigeria at the time and was active during that time. Okay, since you know more than him..bring your proof. I'm waiting.

Dude stop trying to be half smart. The author of the article claimed this Col Ojeh committed numerous atrocity in River state, going by every war history worldwide known to men, individuals that did such atrocity are well known, well discussed and well written about. The indigenous whom they targeted will speak up on that. Ironically, in case of this Col Ojeh of Degema, other than the author nobody else seems to have spoken of him. Interesting!!! Even you can't be that slow

Eziokwu!! shocked shocked Gịnī ḳwọ bùḍù ̣ǹke à? Guy, you must be truly the most DECEITFUL person known to mankind, o! angry Why are you spewing insults simply because you cannot accept the truth??! Yes, I know a few members of the Graham-Douglas family. Why does that offend you?? Is it a crime to know them?? Are they not human beings?? I did not know the man himself but I know his daughter and grand-daughter, as well as a cousin of theirs'. Tell me, how many people have I said that I know, and why does that fact send you into a rage?? shocked shocked Is it my fault that I am not as clannish as you, that has lived in a village in a remote area your entire life? Everyone's reality is different. undecided

In your last post before this one, you claimed Graham-Douglas's library was never burnt because he did not make reference to it in his book. I cited an interview with Judy Nwanodi the expatriate wife of an Easterner who was resident in Port-Harcourt during the civil war, and witnessed the fact that Graham-Douglas' house and books were burnt. She never even quantified the number of books! So where did you see the word 'few'? I fit borrow you my contact lens, o! What is a library? The Mirriam-Webster Dictionary defines it as;

library
noun li·brary \ˈlī-ˌbrer-ē, -ˌbre-rē; British usually & US sometimes -brər-ē;
a place where books, magazines, and other materials (such as videos and musical recordings) are available for people to use or borrow

: a room in a person's house where books are kept

: a collection of similar things (such as books or recordings) a collection of books.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/library

So in your view, a house cannot contain a library? Going by this definition, you are dead wrong!

And Judy Nwanodi never made reference to who burnt Graham-Douglas' books - whether they were the eastern indigenous people or soldiers!! So why are telling lies, here? Where exactly did she mention 'eastern indigenous' to use your own words?? Ok, if you insist it was the eastern indigenous people who burnt Graham-Douglas's property, on whose orders did they do it? You cannot even fully exempt the soldiers from this scenario, as it has not been proven that it was done by the indigenous people. And you are here launching an attack online, using falsehood??! Chai! shocked

Yes, she mentioned the fact that her husband and Graham-Douglas were detained by Aguma who was her late husband's brother-in-law, for their protection, and so what?? Was this thread about Aguma, or what he did and did not do?? Was my post about Aguma or Graham-Douglas, so what is my business with Aguma and why are you making him the focus of your response in this post, when the issue is about Graham Douglas?? Are you for real?? In what way did Judy Nwanodi's interview disprove the article written by Alabo Abiye? Was it because Aguma offered protection to Graham-Douglas, that you felt it exonerates Ojukwu from the rumour making the rounds that Graham-Douglas was slated for assassination? Can you say for a fact that the detention was not part of Ojukwu's plan to deal with him at a later date? Was the same protection offered to the poor masses, common man, and displaced minorities who did not agree with Biafran ideology? Kindly let us know. sad

As for Col. Ojeh, you are the one trying to play smart, thinking everyone is as dumb as you are. Is it every single soldier that committed atrocities in the war, that is known to all and sundry?? Many of the minorities who suffered during the war, are yet to tell their stories either because of the trauma or deep-seated pain they went through. People process grief in different ways. sad Your fellow NL member who disclaimed Col. Ojeh was your first sole authority on the Degema soldier. Now, you have turned round to claim, "going by every war history worldwide known to men, individuals that did such atrocity are well known, well discussed and well written about. " What a strange sense of reasoning.

Like I said earlier, majority of minorities have not written about their suffering during the war. When they eventually do so, the revelations would be shocking. If you had produced the entire list of officers who served in the Biafran army and his name was not included, then you would have had a valid point! undecided

If it was an Igbo community that said a federal soldier committed atrocities against their community, you would never have said such a soldier did not exist because third parties did not mention his name in their books or articles. Please get real and stop playing to the gallery. sad
Re: . by PenSniper: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:

You can say that again.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
PenSniper:
You can say that again.

IPOB is real...there's nothing you can do about it!
Re: . by PenSniper: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Truckpusher:

Re: . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
xtrorse:

[b]Truckpusher, if you think you are no slave and a boisterous clown then stand for your right and maintain your stand. Seek for your emancipation.

You can't claim that you know what you want and still be a dog in a manger to others who seek to opt out of the union. That's stupidity in the highest order!

If you're a true Niger-deltan you will not look for the Igbos to blame for your plight. How can you be a Niger-deltan when all you do is to masturbate and scream when you hear Biaf...?

How can you be a true Niger-deltan when you cannot comment sensibly without attacking the Igbos as if that's your hope for emancipation?

What sort of silly cowardice is that?

You fail to man up and challenge the plunderers of your lands and resources; those who steal the commonwealth to better their own regions, religion and elites while relegating you and your people to the background. And you dare have the guts to blame the Igbos for your miseries?

If you and your elites are not the architect of your problems courtesy of your past decisions you wouldn't be living at the mercies of the born-to-rule bigots.

How many of you dare challenge the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity? And you still feel by pretending that all is well and repeating the same thing over and over again you can achieve a different result. At least the 101 years of existence of this union is a testament to that.

You don't need to use the plight of the Igbos, who have chosen to take the bull by the horn, to cover the cowardly mien of your slavish people.

You lots should cease blaming the Igbos who have been far from political power for close to 50 years for your woes. It's pathetic already!

You should worry about your people who are still confused about what they want for themselves. They only seem to find their voices when is time to rile Igbos on IPOB issues.

The struggle for survival is a personal race. Don't leave your lane to create obstruction for me. You've got to liberate your mind first.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Turmoil In PDP Over Tambuwal / Police Set To Arrest Femi Fani-Kayode (PHOTOS/REASONS) / Security: Sanwo-Olu Gets List Of Abandoned Buildings, Set To Take Action.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.