Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Internet Startup Thread - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Internet Startup Thread (648 Views)

Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million / Help Me With Business Ideas For A #100k To#150k Startup Capital / Startup Looking For The Investor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nairaland's business section is kinda depressing for me, when i come here i see threads like premier lotto numbers, nairabet predictions, mini importation and so on depresses me. We are in the 2015 going 2016 and there is no thread for start ups that could possibly become the Nigerian Uber, the next nairaland, the next dealdey, and so on. We really have to open our minds and dream bigger.

On that note, i want this to be the official start up thread for those like minded individuals who believe they could change the status quo.

Dear already and aspiring founders/co-founders and ceos lets communicate grin
Re: Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Let me open the floor.

Hi i am Uzoma and an aspiring start up founder. I already have developed the business model, the problem holding us back is the design of the website of the business bearing in mind that this is an internet startup, that's the most important part.

Well i have identified a guy who is a very good programmer and web designer and i am trying to woo him to design the website with the view of him being the CTO and also a co-founder with a 40 percent stake in the company.

Anyone with this experience or has a better solution can contribute. Thanx
Re: Internet Startup Thread by croj(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
coolluk:
Let me open the floor.

Hi i am Uzoma and an aspiring start up founder. I already have developed the business model, the problem holding us back is the design of the website of the business bearing in mind that this is an internet startup, that's the most important part.

Well i have identified a guy who is a very good programmer and web designer and i am trying to woo him to design the website with the view of him being the CTO and also a co-founder with a 40 percent stake in the company.

Anyone with this experience or has a better solution can contribute. Thanx

Well it depends on the kind of business you want to launch online? Can you share a little bit? You must also know that it's very easy to start creating a website, but not have a strategy to launch the business...As in begin to build buzz and interest even before you launch.. So think of having a launch strategy..
Re: Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
croj:

Well it depends on the kind of business you want to launch online? Can you share a little bit? You must also know that it's very easy to start creating a website, but not have a strategy to launch the business...As in begin to build buzz and interest even before you launch.. So think of having a launch strategy..

lol, if the issue is designing a website, i would easily do it on my street, i am creating an online platform that lets say helps customers to get some stuff done by us(sorry i cant disclose the idea yet), so basically i need a robust and functional web platform.

And on the buzz aspect, when we launch, we will face that problem but for now its getting our website
Re: Internet Startup Thread by PMIcon(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Op thank for this post. I tried something like this too but didn't get a lot of views or reasonable comment

I'm supporting you anyway.

I joined the social entrepreneur train this month. My vision is to create a platform for information sharing, community support, and especially to bring change to the real estate industry one step at a time.

Active members of my website will greatly benefit from their activities. When we reach a steady monthly revenue of N2,000,000 from adverts, my company is going to selectively employ those who show good original content sourcing and writing skills.
We will consider early members first though

20% of the income on the site will be invested in selected active members- staffs and non- staff monthly. That will mean investing N40,000,000 on active members and especially the staff when we reach 200,000,000 revenue generation. Apart from this, members will get more supports and be presented with various opportunities regularly. I consider it unfair for people to contribute content to a website and not have rewards to look forward to.
I am budgeting another 10% of revenue for external projects like taking care of the elderly as well as funding research.

We only need members who a committed to writing useful, informative and entertaining contents in the Forum.

www.House-Era.com is the website.
When you write a content on House-Era, you can share it on Facebook, Google plus, Linked In.
You can upload pictures, Power Point and other MS files, Video and Audio files etc.

The forum has boards like
• Review Rented House
• Business Stand (for free business/organization publicity)
• Education (for academics and skills training)
• Chat Rooms etc

Each member also have Walls and can make wall posts. Just clicking on a member's name will take one to the wall.
Plus you can chat with the OP or send a mail (members have inboxes). Fun to use. tongueRegistration is however required to see many of the features.

Oh! I forgot to mention that when you write a post on www.House-Era.com you can preview exactly how it will look AND make corrections at the same time before finally posting it!

I think your wish for a new generation Nairaland is already here! But I am trying to add value to society not to compete with Seun Osewa.

I'll appreciate your feedback when you check www.House-Era.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
PMIcon

i just visited ur site and i saw ur idea but i want in your own words(cos every investor would ask you this)

1. In a sentence, what does your business do
2. What problem is it going to solve in the society
3. How is it going to make money
4. If you have competitors, what would your business do that they are not currently doing that would give you an advantage. In other words are you an innovator or copycat

Keep the flag flying
Re: Internet Startup Thread by PMIcon(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
coolluk:
PMIcon

i just visited ur site and i saw ur idea but i want in your own words(cos every investor would ask you this)

1. In a sentence, what does your business do
2. What problem is it going to solve in the society
3. How is it going to make money
4. If you have competitors, what would your business do that they are not currently doing that would give you an advantage. In other words are you an innovator or copycat

Keep the flag flying

OP thanks.

1. House-Era.com is a members-driven information sharing online community.

2. Problems to solve:

a. Information

b. Emotional stress

c. Joblessness

3. Featured advertisement, subscription for premium privileges, product sales

4. House-Era.com is an innovation (as you might have read from the description above). It is a people-centred, social solution.
There are some information I won't want to make public yet anyway.
I'll just add that we have observed why people break rules in a platform like Nairaland e.g. advertising in popular posts and decided that it makes business sense to advertise in popular posts, that is why they do so. So we have created a controlled environment for this to occur instead of banning it.
As people use the website, they will discover more about the creativity that went into the development of House-Era
Re: Internet Startup Thread by barapistis(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
croj:

Sir,what do you mean by having a strategy for launching the buses ness
Re: Internet Startup Thread by akinalabi(m): 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
coolluk:
Nairaland's business section is kinda depressing for me, when i come here i see threads like premier lotto numbers, nairabet predictions, mini importation and so on depresses me. We are in the 2015 going 2016 and there is no thread for start ups that could possibly become the Nigerian Uber, the next nairaland, the next dealdey, and so on. We really have to open our minds and dream bigger.

On that note, i want this to be the official start up thread for those like minded individuals who believe they could change the status quo.

Dear already and aspiring founders/co-founders and ceos lets communicate grin

The best way to tackle this is by starting such threads yourself.

1 Like

Re: Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
akinalabi:

The best way to tackle this is by starting such threads yourself.

I already have
Re: Internet Startup Thread by coolluk(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
PMIcon

croj as a question earlier, how are planning on creating buzz and get people to know and use ur business

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Reasons You Should NOT Become An Entrepreneur / High Straightness Green Line Laser Alignment Equipped With 10-110 Degree Glass L / Has Glo Improved On Their Data Plans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.