Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Problems With Ie 7 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problems With Ie 7 (1021 Views)

BEWARE: Mtn Fastlink E165g Browsing Problems With Iwp / Problems With Opera Mini Browser!help / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Ie 7 by feelgood(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2006
I have a problem with my internet explorer 7 in my laptop - I cannnot go on the net with it.
How can I delete it and still go on the net? Any suggestions out there please?
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by amieo(f): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2006
Don't understand what u mean bout not being able 2 browse with it. can i know what u've done so far?
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Cactus(m): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2006
Internet Explorer 7 is the best web browser Microsoft has to date, however, it still doesnt match up to the likes of Firefox and Opera.

Use either Firefox or Opera forget about IE.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Ynot(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2006
feelgood:

How can I delete it and still go on the net? Any suggestions out there please?

Do a system restore. The restore point should be the day following the IE upgrade. Alternatively, you can un-install the IE component.

Click Control panel --> Add and remove programs --> on the left panel, click add/remove Windows components --> uncheck Internet Explorer --> click NEXT. You might be asked to insert your copy of Windows.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by jammin(m): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2006
@cactus explain to me WHY IE 7 does not match up to firefox or Opera.
once you know how to use IE 7, the experience is Fantabulous!!!
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2006
From experiences, I think other browsers eg firefox, and opera (though NOT Netscape) have more things to offer than ANY version of IE.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by jammin(m): 12:51am On Oct 25, 2006
most-times stuff that are FREE will not surpass the quality test, as oppose to that which one pays for. the same is true for software. you say IE7 is free. NO, you pay for it when you buy win XP or other versions of windows. those other "stuff" are just hype.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 25, 2006
i got free IE 7 from yahoo, its been great!
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Fdeveloper(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2006
@Cactus, @ajiboyet
It would be helpful if you would back your comments up with solid facts rather than just making a sweeping statement regarding the functionality of IE compared to Opera and/or Firefox.

I also think you should remember that feelgood stated that the problem is with IE and has not expressed a wish to use another browser so merely advising a switch instead of attempting to understand and resolve the specific problem with IE is is my my view not very helpful. The reason I say that is it could well be the case for example that the problem is not in fact browser related and is perhaps due to a LAN and/or firewall configuration problem in which case switching to Firefox, Opera or any other browser would of course not resolve the problem. Having said that, it could of course be the case that feelgood had Opera or Firefox installed and then installed IE but that is not clear right now.

In conclusion, I personally think that amieo's question in response to the original post or Ynot's suggestion to rollback to a previous system restore point are the right approach.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by adewaleafolabi(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2006
well 4me i use the three browsers but theres sumtin i like about opera which ie and firefox don't offer is the ability to unveil albumarts which windows hides i don't know why it hides it. just fire up opera and type the location of ur music file that has an albumart u should be able to see it and make use of it
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Chxta(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2006
jammin:

@cactus explain to me WHY IE 7 does not match up to firefox or Opera.
once you know how to use IE 7, the experience is Fantabulous!!!

http://slashdot.org/articles/06/10/19/1326247.shtml

Is that good enough explanation? That link was the day after the official release of the malware. . .
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2006
@chxta
its not good oh u calling ie a malware. well its true open source rules. 2 heads are always better than one
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Chxta(m): 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2006
is it not?
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by jerrymania(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2006
I think IE 7 is in beta testing. installed it but it was not faster than when i used IE 6. uninstalled it and normalcy returned back to my system. i think u shud use IE 6 for now
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Fdeveloper(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2006
I downloaded and installed IE7 about a week ago and have used it extensively and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. One potential source of problems when you upgrade which most people overlook is that you also have to update any plugins that you may be using (e.g. Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, MSN Toolbar etc.). The release motes from Microsoft clearly stipulate that all plugins have to be updated however sadly most people don't bother to read the notes before installation and then complain when things don't work properly.

I should stress that the above may not necessarily apply in all situations however I think it's quite possible that updating plugins solves problems in the majority of cases.
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Chxta(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2006
You haven't touched on the security leaks. Last I checked they are over a hundred, and counting. . .
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Fdeveloper(m): 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2006
Point taken however to the best of my knowledge both Firefox & Opera also have security leaks. Some may believe they are more secure than IE but that is not to say they are perfect!
Re: Problems With Ie 7 by Chxta(m): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2006
NO one said Opera or Firefox are perfect. But we all agree that they are miles ahead of that crap Micro$haft forces down people's throats. . .

(1) (Reply)

Globaldosh Online Payment System / Latest Codes For Zain Free Browsing, Could You: / Laptop Hp G60 For Sale Pics Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.