Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! (11467 Views)

Guardian: Ndokis Are Igbos, See The States They Are Found / Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC / Tonye Barcanister Ndokis, Bonny Are Tight Ibo Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43am On Oct 27, 2015

THE BRIEF HISTORICAL ORIGIN OF NDOKI ETHNIC NATIONALITY AND THE CREATION OF UKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.

The origin of Ndoki in the 15th Centuries is traced to civil war that broke out in the then powerful Benin Kingdom.  This war caused total division of the old Benin Kingdom as series of migrants departed to the East.  One of the Migratory groups was the Ijo who settled around Akassa.  A part of these group left Akassa towards the Northwards along the Egenni and Orashi Rivers to Oguta.  Along the line, they came in contact with the Ibo town of Umunoha in Owerri and Ndizuorgu in the former Orlu Division.

The emigrants pushed southwards settling at Okolomakiri in Azumini creek.  They moved from there to a site, now, occupied by Umuagbayi.  It was here they broke into two groups.  One section to a placed called Okoloma (land of the curlew birds) that later became known as Obani or Bonny.  The other section remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku.

Part of the emigrants who reached Bonny, retraced their steps back to Opobo along the Imo Rivers and settled or traded with earlier co-emigrants.
It is a truism that going by the migratory era in this context Ndoki people are ancestrally, biologically and anthropologically linked with the Ijos who migrated with them when the war broke out in Ancient Benin Kingdom. Our culture, tradition and practices are explicit and clear on our origin.

It was on the strength of this coupled with struggle for political space that the uncompromised quest to realize a separate or delineated environment where Ndoki and its traits will be noticed and respected propelled our founding fathers to opt for creation of a local government.  Thus Ukwa East Local Government Area came into being in 1992 from the defunct Ukwa Local Government Area. 

The initiators and proponents of its creation saw it as a meaningful objectives and welcome development hence it proffered diversified opportunities to complement the effort of our ancestors where distinct origin, ideas, values, knowledge, institution, belief, socio-economic and political environment would be homogenously provided to synthesize the practice of our common good which refers to as “a social state which guarantees each person his/her rightful place in a community in which he/she can freely develop his/her God-given talent to attain bodily, spiritual and moral perfection and become richer in internal and external goods through his/her services to the community”.  The geo-political formation of Ukwa East in particular meant to depend upon this was targeted at drawing the attention of National and state governments to the backwardness of Ndoki land primarily occasioned by marginalization coming only from their politically induced self-development.

This is why it is unacceptable and should be discouraged especially when often times, most of the projects the dominant people in the position of trust managed to site at Ndoki land in Ukwa East are subsumed under Ukwa West Local Government this anti-delineation practice orchestrated by NDDCs administrative Map has continued to attract criticism and condemnation by those who understand the classification.

This was an Excerpt of a piece on a special report titles ..
Special Report: The Position And Marginalization Of Ndoki Ethnic Nationality

Written and compiled by:
Comrade Henry O. Nwaigwe
Youth Coordinator
Ndoki Youth Federation and
Ohuru Youth Grand Alliance

www.chidioparareports..co.ke/2014/09/special-report-position-and_2.html?m=1

I dare anyone to provide any historical literature that goes against this. I want to maintain that Ndokis are 100% Ijaws. The Ndokis in Rivers know this. Those in Abia though realise this but having mixed with the Igbos, I will hold my piece.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Freciprocal: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Sveen: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2015
So the argument is now between Igbo and Ijaw, not Yoruba anymore?

Don't we have any Ndoki people on Nairaland that can clarify things?

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Armaggedon: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2015
This article not only proves that ndoki are clearly igbos but that bonny and opobo were originally igbo.

Pls quit trolling.

40 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Contrary to the belief by some of my Igbo cousins, I have neither bashed their tribe nor am I 'dragging' land with them. I as an Okrikan will not go to Ndoki n Rivers state to sing their Ijawness to them. It is they that will decide their Ijaw heritage and descendency themselves. I am 100% certain that every true son and daughter of Ijaw know their root.

Please, I don't want to argue over this. This thread is for enlightenment to those that may not know.

I love you all and good morning.

12 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by joeprince23(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Please I urge every well meaning upland riverian and indeed nigerian not to post on this useless and false thread

9 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by joeprince23(m): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2015
Please I urge every well meaning upland riverian and indeed nigerian not to post on this useless and false thread

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by donphilopus: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
Nobody should insult the OP. If any of you feels otherwise or aggrieved, you can put a call to the number he provided and throw whatever tantrums you have for the OP to the author (whose number is here).

7 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
CC:
Truckpusher Dearpreye IzonOwei Goodboiy HopeAtHand Forwetinnah Talktimi etc FYI pls.

*This thread was created to put a lie to some threads that recently sprang up*

#TakeMyBow

5 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Contrary to the belief by some of my Igbo cousins, I have neither bashed their tribe nor am I 'dragging' land with them. I as an Okrikan will not go to Ndoki n Rivers state to sing their Ijawness to them. It is they that will decide their Ijaw heritage and descendency themselves. I am 100% certain that every true son and daughter of Ijaw know their root.

Please, I don't want to argue over this. This thread is for enlightenment to those that may not know.

I love you all and good morning.

Weldon please ignore those attention seekers.

6 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 27, 2015
Ride on tonyebarcanista.
The ibos are getting slapped by reality.
Vote for an all ibo nation. Simple!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Vicotex(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2015
Armaggedon:
This article not only proves that ndoki are clearly igbos but that bonny and opobo were originally igbo.

Pls quit trolling.
i go take d OP serious if only he fit go NDOKI land then repeat those diabolic words "Ndoki are Ijaw", weda dem no use use his skull as keg

27 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by saintneo(m): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2015
This article goes to prove that Ndoki is not Ijaw.

If and only if Ndoki people can shout it out.

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by FreeGlobe(f): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2015
On the contrary, the cultural traditions of ijaws werr influenced by its proximity to the Andoni, the Ogoni , and the Ndoki Igbo .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkoro_tribe

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by HopeAtHand: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Hehehehe..

Serving the Igbos a dosage of their medicine or literally taking war to warsaw.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by fastestfinger: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Armaggedon:

Pls quit trolling.
bro,the ijaws in bonny and opobo are immigrants who were allowed to stay as traders and potters.IGBO is the language of choice in those two towns...AM BEGINNING TO THINK ITS TIME WE FOCUS ON THIS IJAW LAND GRABBERS CUM EXPANSIONIST AND PUT THEM IN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

19 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Armaggedon: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Vicotex:
i go take d OP serious if only he fit go NDOKI land then repeat those diabolic words "Ndoki are Ijaw", weda dem no use use his skull as keg
the guy is a very big fool. He even acknowleged that bonny was called okoloama. Shooting himself on the foot

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by IGBOPRINCE: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Hahaha..
Bro, igbos re not your cousins biko. Is like you don't know the meaning of cousin.

Bro, this your new distorted history eeh, I am certain that you re in pained.

Ndigbos will continued to torments you. We shall bring back the old habits of you.

Don't worry, we re watching you.

Ekenedegreat, vicotex, pezienza, tonychristopher. This guy is in pained with our comments.

Hahahaha, ndoki is ijaws, go there and claimed them na.

Anuofia.

21 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by ragiluhivo(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Just when you think you've seen it all. The earlier Barcanista begin to realize that 1,457,545 members on Nairaland those not equal to 500,000 Nigerians, the better for him.

Your opinion those not make any difference in reality and you need to be constantly reminded for your own sake before you loose yourself. Take my advice and get a day Job and stop looking for relevance on NL.

11 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
On the contrary, the cultural traditions of ijaws werr influenced by its proximity to the Andoni, the Ogoni , and the Ndoki Igbo .

Wikipedia without a backed verified source is as thrashy as any uninformed post on joke section. Wiki isn't an acceptable academic reference. Sorry..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Truckpusher(m): 8:16am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Wikipedia without a backed verified source is as thrashy as any uninformed post on joke section. Wiki isn't an acceptable academic reference. Sorry..
I have vowed not to engage these people anymore , leave them alone - let them run along with their warped ideologies that are tainted with lies from the pit of hell.

Simply put , some people have refused to learn from history and that would be their ultimate downfall.

6 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by BALLOSKI: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2015
I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by FreeGlobe(f): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

very weak argument. Wikipedia articles are backed up by (academic) references. I post the link here because this is the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by SUBMARINE: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
Tonyebarcanista

You forgot that some Igbos lived in Benin empire

You also failed to note that some Igbos might have migrated with them.

This is one possibility you missed cool

TonyeBarcanista:
CC:
Truckpusher Dearpreye IzonOwei Goodboiy HopeAtHand Forwetinnah Talktimi etc FYI pls.
*This thread was created to put a lie to some threads that recently sprang up*
#TakeMyBow
IGBOPRINCE:
Hahaha..
Bro, igbos re not your cousins biko. Is like you don't know the meaning of cousin.
Bro, this your new distorted history eeh, I am certain that you re in pained.
Ndigbos will continued to torments you. We shall bring back the old habits of you.
Don't worry, we re watching you.
Ekenedegreat, vicotex, pezienza, tonychristopher. This guy is in pained with our comments.
Hahahaha, ndoki is ijaws, go there and claimed them na.
Anuofia.
Armaggedon:
the guy is a very big fool. He even acknowleged that bonny was called okoloama. Shooting himself on the foot
fastestfinger:
bro,the ijaws in bonny and opobo are immigrants who were allowed to stay as traders and potters.IGBO is the language of choice in those two towns...AM BEGINNING TO THINK ITS TIME WE FOCUS ON THIS IJAW LAND GRABBERS CUM EXPANSIONIST AND PUT THEM IN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!
HopeAtHand:
Hehehehe..
Serving the Igbos a dosage of their medicine or literally taking war to warsaw.
FreeGlobe:

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Armaggedon: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
fastestfinger:
he is a traitor. Ikwerres should watch him. He might be campaigning against wike because a fulani backed ijaw govt in Rivers state could easily be used to implement igbophobic agenda like they did after the civil war. Expecially now that biafran agitation is heating up

Ijaw is an obstacle to Igbo unity

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
I have vowed not to engage these people anymore , leave them alone - let them run along with their warped ideologies that are tainted with lies from the pit of hell.

Simply put , some people have refused to learn from history and that would be their ultimate downfall.
Abeg Baba, I no fit shout. Make I go find politics thread. I kept telling some of them that we are not in any land dispute whatsoever. Good morning

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:22am On Oct 27, 2015
donphilopus:
Nobody should insult the OP. If any of you feels otherwise or aggrieved, you can put a call to the number he provided and throw whatever tantrums you have for the OP to the author (whose number is here).
don't mind them, dem no get fact, dem go begin insult the Op now

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by fineguy11(m): 8:23am On Oct 27, 2015
I dare anyone with documented proof,to counter the OP"s claim...all this online jiberish is just noise...reminds me of the case of NIGERIA AND CAMEROON over bakassi...the settlers were nigerians,,yet the UN ruled in favour of cameroon...when this entity finally disintegrate,we'll all knw who owns what?....

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by FreeGlobe(f): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Obviously, ijaws are land grabbers and expansionists. Even Ken Saro Wiwa complained about it in this article.

the Tai and Eleme are part of something called Otelga, a hybrid Local Government consisting of the Okrika Ijaws, the Ndoki Igbos and the Tai and Eleme. We belong to Rivers State.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/34a/049.html

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by helinues: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Thank God the argument and blame have been shifted from Yoruba and hausa

Oya make una start to dey fight

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by patrick89(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Tonyebarcanista

You forgot that some Igbos live in Benin

You also failed to note that some Igbos might have migrated amongst them.

This is one possibility you missed cool

The Ndokis(Ijaws) only came in contact with Igbos in Umunoha, Owerri and Ndizurogu.
Along the line, they came in contact with the Ibo town of Umunoha in Owerri and Ndizuorgu in the former Orlu Division.

I am not the narrator, it is the people that is telling their origin. We always allow people speak for themselves.
It is a truism that going by the migratory era in this context Ndoki people are ancestrally, biologically and anthropologically linked with the Ijos who migrated with them when the war broke out in Ancient Benin Kingdom. Our culture, tradition and practices are explicit and clear on our origin.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know Somali People Hate Us More Than The White? / Ending Off-shore Derivation / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.