Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help (19698 Views)

Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar / Monitor Lizard Caught By Unizik Medical Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by themantle: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2015
For close to 3month now, the students of the College of Health Sciences, Okofia-Nnewi campus have not known peace. The students of the College live in perpetual fear of harassment, burglary, armed robbery attacks from men of the underworld.
The robbers who are usually armed with daggers, guns, machetes etc specialize in burglary, snatching of bags, stealing of phones, laptops, tablets, cars, motorbikes etc at gun point, and even stealing during evening classes(night class) when students come to read overnight.
According to a student of the college who spoke on condition of anonymity, valuables worth millions of naira have been stolen by the thieves since august, 2015. These valuables include a car, motorcycles, laptops, tablets, phones, generator sets, money etc. She also lamented that several lodges have experienced the terrifying attack of the robbers including New heaven lodge, Ivy crystal, Madonna extension(Unity), Grand villa, Villa park, Good shepherd, Triumphant city. Mega lodge etc.
In her words, “The serial robbery started while we were writing our semester exams around august when student was robbed of her car and escalated during the vacation period.” She said that MBBS students, nursing students are still in school in order to enable them prepare for their professional examinations. “We are no longer safe in this community. We are no longer safe even inside our classrooms. We now live in fear everyday because nobody knows who will be the next victim.” She added.
One of the medical students who looked obviously infuriated by the situation urged the Commissioner of Police, Anambra state to as matter urgency deploy mobile policemen to the village to ensure the security of lives and property. He also informed us that the university management was aware of the situation and has promised to inform relevant security operatives.
The College of Health Sciences is the medical campus of Nnamdi Azikiwe University. The college has 3 faculties and 8 departments including Medicine, Nursing, Radiography, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Physiotherapy, Anatomy, Physiology and Environmental health (diploma). The roads leading to the College are almost are in a bad state and a proposed hostel project was seen abandoned by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Ongoing projects within the Campus included the internal road project, Faculty of health science building, Classroom blocks and an administrative building (donated by Dr. Cletus Ibeto).
We urge the Police to swing into action to put end to what can best be described as a serial robbery attacks by deadly and desperate robbers. Our future doctors, nurses and medical personnel deserve to study in a conducive environment and not in an atmosphere of fear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by macville2: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2015
does it mean the college no get hostel at all?

2 Likes

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by christejames(m): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
The school's administration should take it upon themselves to cater for the welfare of the students... This maraulders' action is becoming terrible in most tertiary institutions in this country. How I wish the college students union won't just continue to rest on their oars but wake up from their slumber and swing into action by doing the needful... And the school environment itself looks porous, demeaning, and not conducive for learning especially for medical students!

1 Like

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by themantle: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
More pixRoad leading to the college

1 Share

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by macville2: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nawa ooo! to think say nah here I go come in the next one year . I pray the road becomes better by that time o
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by yungest(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
OK.....
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by benigneOne(f): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
macville2:
Nawa ooo! to think say nah here I go come in the next one year . I pray the road becomes better by that time o

I too like your faith. grin

1 Like

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by macville2: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
benigneOne:

I too like your faith. grin

sis nobi faith I don get admission already, medlab. just dey wait for 9 nov
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by themantle: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
macville2:

sis nobi faith I don get admission already, medlab. just dey wait for 9 nov

CONGRATS.
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by macville2: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
themantle:

CONGRATS.

OAKLAND AWAITS YOU

thanks!!
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by themantle: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2015
They really need to help

Check my signature everyone
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by themantle: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lalasticlala pls help put this on front page before it is too latepl.
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by damton(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by menix(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
If there is no vigilante/security outfit, u guyz should rally for one.

Ur lives matters more than a monthly #200 contribution that can provide u guyz with safety.

1 Like

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by 69MissedCalls(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
my God! my village is finer than this. who are the monkeys that call them selves "the school management"
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Aminat508(f): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
embarassed
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Yanks101: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Third world.
undecided
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by nigeriancuban: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
na wa
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by osaslord500(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
kiss
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by nigeriancuban: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
see what our campus are turning into an sadly its still students that are still robbing themselves.....smh
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Osirimononaye(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
<p>Wow! <del>Red</del>Black!
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Some dirty students from these pits called schools would still open their disgusting mouths to insult Covenant University and other private unis.

3 Likes

Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Osirimononaye(m): 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
<p>Wow! <del>Red</del>Black!</p>
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by canalily(m): 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
And am planning to school in unizik
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Sunnycliff(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mehn, which way Naija? Are we really a zoo as Nnamdi KANU posited? Where are our security agents?
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by Pinkyberry2(f): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
lubish..my secondary school is better than this. so this is where some doctors are trained in nigeria. smh
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by onosprince(m): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by ebengems(m): 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is one of the reasons why those sponge bobs in aso rock don't keep their children in the country for their education, But Nemesis will catch them all...i hate politicians, there is no angel among them
Re: Three Months Serial Robbery: Unizik Medical Students Cry For Help by DNBStories: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution / LASU Students Call Out Other Corrupt Lecturers Following Sack Of ASUU Chairman / Floods Bring Snakes To Schools In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.