Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Real World Software Development Tutorials - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Real World Software Development Tutorials (2463 Views)

Stack Overflow Just Launched Real-world Developer Problem Solver / Web Development Tutorials / Java Programming & Android App Development Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
Its quite unfortunate that with all the opportunities and other factors that favors us here iin Nigeria, i can barely identify TEN real developer here.

Its also rather unfortunate that those who re-brand open-source project don't even make any reasonable improvement before making all sought of claims.

I am very angry right now cos my friends around the world just made a mockery of me as regards this....

To this regards i have decided to put the burden of teaching what THEY have refused to teach.

Starting tomorrow, NOVEMBER 1, 2015 i promise to begin this Journey.

SO, between now and 12pm tomorrow, suggest a solution you would like us to build.

I shall also be having same on whatsapp(my preferred channel).

please feel free to make your suggestions here or on whatsapp.

Note: for those that will prefer the whatsapp channel, SEND "9ja Programmer" to 080xxxxxxxx.

FORCE ME TO DELIVER if you have to.....
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Luka316(m): 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
An andriod app that load recharge card without you dialing the recharge card pin
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by makavele: 1:21am On Nov 01, 2015
a simple chat system that works over a group of computers connected via wifi . . . (with no need for internet)
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by cmespeak: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
makavele:
a simple chat system that works over a group of computers connected via wifi . . . (with no need for internet)

u sure that's not already available chat system on networked computers?
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by makavele: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
cmespeak:

u sure that's not already available chat system on networked computers?

i am not talking home use . . . not in a corporate environment . . .

i want to be able to chat with anybody who connects to my wifi-hotspot ( be it a wireless router or mobile hotspot from my android )

grin grin grin
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Luka316:
An andriod app that load recharge card without you dialing the recharge card pin

Your thought is a great one, I have thought of a solution but...
1. We have to also build a QR/barcode generator.

2. I haven't worked with any qr/barcode api before, I need to study a good one before I can take us along.

BUT I promise to put it on list..
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
makavele:

I am not really sure of what you want us to achieve on that. Could you please elaborate more...
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2015

Enterprise software is one area I really wish my country men and women to excel.

Here is what I have decided to do

November : desktop application development

December : Web Development

January : mobile app

Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Standing5(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sounds like the Op is talking abt business logic for enterprise app. I suggest a walk through of payroll management system for medium sized org.
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by makavele: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
luksybee:

I am not really sure of what you want us to achieve on that. Could you please elaborate more...

ok lemme elaborate . .

i live in a skyscraper on the 10th floor, and every body is connected to the same wifi . . provided by the owners of the apartment
sometimes, internet access for the wifi is disabled . . so more or less, it's nothing but intranet
i am connected with my laptop . . .the guy who lives on the 3rd floor is connected via his android
the one on the 8th floor is using his iphone, the family on the 21st floor has desktop connected to the same hotspot
how do we connect to each other without using whatsapp , yahoo chat, facebook chat or even phone calls or SMS ?
simple, i build an application (a multi-platform app, with exe, apk and ioS version) . . we install these apps
and once we are connected to the wifi, the app will scan for every user connected to the same wireless network
and will display them as online or offline depending on if they are connected or not . .
then we can chat with each other . . . the chat system should be really simple, no video or callings.. just text chat. . .
once i disconnect from the wifi . . the app tells the other users that i am now offline . . .and vice versa
messages should be encrypted, so that if i setup a private chat with the woman on the 65th floor, nobody else can snoop into our conversation

now you get it , dont you ?
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Standing5:
Sounds like the Op is talking abt business logic for enterprise app. I suggest a walk through of payroll management system for medium sized org.

OH yes brother.. I will put the payroll system on list

Thanks
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
@makavele... My aim is not to help build solutions but rather, to show how enterprise softwares are built using a real world examples.

But to be fair to you, I will consider it if you will do the homework of preparing an algorithm. Then I can implement as an enterprise application.

Thanks...
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2015

My apologies for the delay so far. I understand the expectations are high, but I want to organize this so that I don't stop half way.

I have streamlined the languages and IDE to use as follows :

Desktop application - - c# - - visual Studio 2010 and above

Web Development - - html/css/Java script /php - - dream weaver

Android app - - java /xml - - android studio

In addition, I will use ms sql/ sqlite/ mysql for database.

Thank you..
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by makavele: 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
luksybee:
@makavele... My aim is not to help build solutions but rather, to show how enterprise softwares are built using a real world examples.

But to be fair to you, I will consider it if you will do the homework of preparing an algorithm. Then I can implement as an enterprise application.

Thanks...

Huh, u wanna kill me . . pls brother, let me provide the pseudo - code, u provide the algorithm . . grin grin grin
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Borwe: 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
Why not use Java instead of c#? java is more multiplatform, you can wrie app for android, PC, MacOS without much editing.
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by olaleyeoladejo: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Why C# Developers are in high demand

As an aspiring/new programmer, it can be challenging to decide which language to program in.

C# is the best choice of language for people new to object oriented programming based on factors including learning curve, job specific requirements, platform specifics, or a plethora of other criteria.The C# programming language was created from the ground up to be an object-oriented programming language that offers ease of use, familiarity to C/C++ and Java developers, along with enhanced memory and resource management.

Benefits of Learning C#

--From an employer's perspective C# developers are highly in demand
--The language is constantly adding new and more powerful features
--It runs on platforms other than windows using Mono Project
--The Visual Studio tool-set is the best developer environment in the planet
--C# can be used to develop many types of applications including: Desktop application(Windows for,WPF), Web Application(ASP.Net), Mobile Application(Xamarin...)

TRAIN TO BE A C# DEVELOPER(WINDOWS APP AND MOBILE APP)

--Handson C# Training
--Develop a desktop application.
--Develop a cross-platform mobile application with Xamarin (Windows , IOS, Android)

Price: N40000
4 Weekends(Sat: 10am - 2pm and Sun: 1pm -5pm)
November Training starts: November 7.
Venue: Orchid Hotel- Plot 3 Dreamworld Africana Way, By Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki-Epe ExpressWay Lagos
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Borwe: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
c# just looks like messed up version of java. no offence shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by olaleyeoladejo: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Borwe:
c# just looks like messed up version of java. no offence shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

a better version you mean?.... no offence taken.

I am a software developer, one of the few developers that can boast of being good in java and c#. I worked as a java programmer for close to 5years. I'm back to working as a c# programmer and i want to believe i'm in a good position to compare.

I don't know if you are a programmer yourself, if you are and you are a java programmer. please indulge me and go learn c# then after you will be able to compare. Trust me C# IS THE BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR NOW. Anything can happen in couple of years ... but for now java has dropped behind c#
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Borwe: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
olaleyeoladejo:

I am a software developer, one of the few developers that can boast of being good in java and c#. I worked as a java programmer for close to 5years. I'm back to working as a c# programmer and i want to believe i'm in a good position to compare.

I don't know if you are a programmer yourself, if you are and you are a java programmer. please indulge me and go learn c# then after you will be able to compare. Trust me C# IS THE BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR NOW. Anything can happen in couple of years ... but for now java has dropped behind c#

Man, C# only good on windows, using Mono framework on my Ubuntu and it sucks, mono< version of .NET framework.
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by makavele: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
olaleyeoladejo:

I don't know if you are a programmer yourself, if you are and you are a java programmer. please indulge me and go learn c# then after you will be able to compare. [b]Trust me C# IS THE BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR NOW. [/b]Anything can happen in couple of years ... but for now java has dropped behind c#

You are not a programmer . . you are only a script kiddie . . . who has managed to write some hello world and simple arrays . .
cos your statement proves so . . if u r a professional, you would know there' is nothing like the BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
every language out there has it's strength and weakness; and can be applied to different environments . . .
Go ahead and build a web app in C#, or a simple contact form for emailing .. and see how the world will laugh at your foolishness
when you would have done it in 10secs using PHP... Or go ahead and write an unethical botnet in PHP and kill yourself when you could have used Python .. .
so you see .. every programming language has it's own area of specialization. . . where it will reign supreme
NO ONE LANGUAGE IS PERFECT . . . heck, there isn't even a perfect program . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 8:26am On Nov 07, 2015
Here is the verdict...

My educated opinion tells me that any programming language is only as good as your level of knowledge.

So, please keep argument and other distraction off here...

Thanks y'all

1 Like

Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
lessons in progress on whatsapp
I sincerely apologize that my engagements here might be slower.

Thanks...
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
I sincerely apologize as my engagements here might be slower.

Thanks...
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2015
OUR FIRST DESKROP APPLICATION DESIGN LESSON

STUDENT GRADE POINT CALCULATOR

Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Saintp(m): 7:09am On Nov 14, 2015
luksybee:
OUR FIRST DESKROP APPLICATION DESIGN LESSON

STUDENT GRADE POINT CALCULATOR

continue we are following
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by luksybee(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2015
Saintp:
continue we are following
Please join us on whatsapp to have a more engaging learning experience.
Time :17 o'clock daily
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by stevenson007: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
HELLOO,,,,, ADD ME 08100767749
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by Borwe: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Add me too +254711881816
Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by fretfingers: 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
luksybee:

I sincerely apologize as my engagements here might be slower.

Thanks...

Re: Real World Software Development Tutorials by fretfingers: 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
makavele:

You are not a programmer . . you are only a script kiddie . . . who has managed to write some hello world and simple arrays . .
cos your statement proves so . . if u r a professional, you would know there' is nothing like the BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
every language out there has it's strength and weakness; and can be applied to different environments . . .
Go ahead and build a web app in C#, or a simple contact form for emailing .. and see how the world will laugh at your foolishness
when you would have done it in 10secs using PHP... Or go ahead and write an unethical botnet in PHP and kill yourself when you could have used Python .. .
so you see .. every programming language has it's own area of specialization. . . where it will reign supreme
NO ONE LANGUAGE IS PERFECT . . . heck, there isn't even a perfect program . .

#Word!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Software Programmers In The World / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers / Advice: What Is The Best Budget Laptop For Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.