Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Please Help - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Please Help (817 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help by ElectGINeer(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2015
A broadcasting station transmit at a frequency of 89.5MHz. What capacitance together with an inductance of 30microH is needed to tune to this station. . . Teempakguy , Robinhez , Dekatron , Johnydon22 , Acorntree , It is from OAU post utme past questions

1 Like

Re: Please Help by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2015
no voltage or current value was provided?
Re: Please Help by ElectGINeer(m): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
no voltage or current value was provided?
Yes
Re: Please Help by Queed: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2015
A tank circuit is a parallel combination of a capacitor and inductor, mostly used for TUNNING and Filtering..
To tune to that desired frequency... they would have to oscillate at their resonant frequency; which is when
Xl = Xc

2pi*F*L = 1/(2pi*F*C)

makin C the subject

C = 1/(2*2*pi^2 * F^2 *L)

C= capacitance value = ?
L=inductance value (30*10^-3 H)
F= resonance frequency (89.5*10^6 Hz)

...sure u can take it on from there, don't wanna get my hands dirty on maths this early morning wink

Re: Please Help by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
Queed:
A tank circuit is a parallel combination of a capacitor and inductor, mostly used for TUNNING and Filtering..
To tune to that desired frequency... they would have to oscillate at their resonant frequency; which is when
Xl = Xc

2pi*F*L = 1/(2pi*F*C)

makin C the subject

C = 1/(2*2*pi^2 * F^2 *L)

C= capacitance value = ?
L=inductance value (30*10^-3 H)
F= resonance frequency (89.5*10^6 Hz)

...sure u can take it on from there, don't wanna get my hands dirty on maths this early morning wink

Thank you. i needed this myself.

but just to be clear, one can tune in to that resonant frequency when the reactance of the inductor is equal to the reactance of the capacitor?
Re: Please Help by Queed: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
yes smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please I Just Want The Chemistry Students To Help Answer This Question / ,, / Android Users In Nigeria Can Now Get Google Assistant On Their Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.