Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Answer This With An Open Mind - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answer This With An Open Mind (6626 Views)

Why The Christians Should Carefully Read The Qur'an With An Open Mind / An Open Drain, A Street Hawker, A Pastor (Pictured) / Joseph Ayodele Babalola Ministering At An Open Air Crusade In 1939 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
You are Eve. You have been warned not to eat from
the tree of knowledge. would you heed the warning or nah?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by anathemiamia(f): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Depends; When i was younger, i probably would have eaten the fruit before the warning was completed (If it has so much knowledge, i should gain enough to figure how not to get into trouble)

Now, i'll gently walk in the opposite direction of that tree. I just dont give a shii anymore

2 Likes

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by UyiIredia(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
RomanZeus:
You are Eve. You have been warned not to eat from
the tree of knowledge. would you heed the warning or nah?

I would have ignored the warning.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by CoolUsername: 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
I probably would, because 'God' created me without a moral compass and somehow expected to know better. Imagine punishing a baby and all its descendants forever because the baby made a mistake! That's one fallacy in the biblical myth.

4 Likes

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by johnydon22(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
[b]Lets check the story well..

Adam and eve knew nothing like right or wrong, they had no advanced knowledge of things before eating the fruit..

(Going by the story)
-If they didn't eat the fruit, we would probably be walking around unclad without knowing right from wrong or why lightening flash because we have no knowledge advanced enough for that..

Thats a cool story..

-So eve ate the tree of knowledge and by that one act her eyes were opened to the door of knowledge
(And God was mad?
why?
He needs robots and not people with knowledge?) Then why put the tree there.?

- Here God was against Knowledge but the snake whispered the first few words of learning into eve's ears, showed her the path to knowledge, the ability to understand which God didn't want her to know in the first place.

Who really is the Villain here.?

- According to the story Adam and Eve had no knowledge of Good and evil before eating the fruit meaning Eve didn't even know she was committing evil by eating the fruit but she was punished for her naivety.

I wonder how Eve could be out witted by a snake if she really had real homo sapiens brain, showing Eve was just a moroni_c pound of flesh walking around..

- God knew he didn't want the fruit eaten but he just had to put the fruit in front of them..
(I got rat poison biscuit, i know it's not good then i place it in front of my children and tell them not to eat it and get angry when they do?... Who dah fvck was supposed to be blamed..

Me or my children..

- And nobody is remembering there was a tree that could give eternal life.. (Immortality grin) Cool story..

-Going by the omniscient principle, God knew before hand they would eat the fruit then was angry they did even though he put the tree there..

-It takes a special kind of crazy to believe such tales but well when a whole bunch of people believe it, we call it religion but if it were one person we would say he is crazy.

I think any right mind would agree that we must all Question the idea of a God who creates faulty humans then blames them for his own mistakes and still bears a grudge till now even on innocent children..

Such grudge bearing supreme being is not only childish but stark absurd..

Nobody was born a sin or sinner, somebody fvcking lied, its high time people realized that...
[/b]

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by BETATRON(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Lets check the story well..

Adam and eve knew nothing like right or wrong, they had no advanced knowledge of things before eating the fruit..

(Going by the story)
-If they didn't eat the fruit, we would probably be walking around unclad without knowing right from wrong or why lightening flash because we have no knowledge advanced enough for that..

Thats a cool story..

-So eve ate the tree of knowledge and by that one act her eyes were opened to the door of knowledge
(And God was mad?
why?
He needs robots and not people with knowledge?) Then why put the tree there.?

- Here God was against Knowledge but the snake whispered the first few words of learning into eve's ears, showed her the path to knowledge, the ability to understand which God didn't want her to know in the first place.

Who really is the Villain here.?

- According to the story Adam and Eve had no knowledge of Good and evil before eating the fruit meaning Eve didn't even know she was committing evil by eating the fruit but she was punished for her naivety.

I wonder how Eve could be out witted by a snake if she really had real homo sapiens brain, showing Eve was just a moroni_c pound of flesh walking around..

- God knew he didn't want the fruit eaten but he just had to put the fruit in front of them..
(I got rat poison biscuit, i know it's not good then i place it in front of my children and tell them not to eat it and get angry when they do?... Who dah fvck was supposed to be blamed..

Me or my children..

- And nobody is remembering there was a tree that could give eternal life.. (Immortality grin) Cool story..

-Going by the omniscient principle, God knew before hand they would eat the fruit then was angry they did even though he put the tree there..

-It takes a special kind of crazy to believe such tales but well when a whole bunch of people believe it, we call it religion but if it were one person we would say he is crazy.

I think any right mind would agree that we must all Question the idea of a God who creates faulty humans then blames them for his own mistakes and still bears a grudge till now even on innocent children..

Such grudge bearing supreme being is not only childish but stark absurd..

Nobody was born a sin or sinner, somebody fvcking lied, its high time people realized that...
[/b]

you're correct man
If adam and eve actually had no knowledge of good or evil why should God punish them "not just them but their "offsprings,,
What we see here is a god disobeying the divine justice himself.as you correctly asked "why should he put the tree there" since He has infinite knowledge he should know that adam and eve will eat the fruit "so why did He place it there?" Is it that He is longing to punish man or what?
Its either this god is a tyrant or has no infinite knowledge" which ever way He cannot be a God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
one question you people have not yet asked is why the hell a snake was so intelligent that he could convince her. and the fact that the snake was actually right

look at what the snake said.
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
this means "god made you dumb and foolish. he knows if you eat this fruit, you'll become rational and logical and intelligent beings."

which makes me wonder if the whole point of christianity is to return people to that earlier state of foolishness. or otherwise burn them to . . . well, forever.

ridiculous.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by donnffd(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2015
Sometimes I ask myself, the creator of the universe with his more than a 100billion galaxies each with at least a 100billion stars each with at least 3planets obviously has lots and lots of real estate to his credit, why doesn't he keep the tree in another galaxy or on another star system or even on our neighborhood planets or even at the middle of the Atlantic... Nope, the creator of the universe decides to keep it exactly where he kept man...smh, he really works in mysterious ways

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by UyiIredia(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2015
The Devil didn't do man a favor.

Genesis 3:22
Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

By eating of the tree if knowledge man missed out on eternal life. If man was obedient he would have gotten eternal life and would have had forever to learn good and evil.

This is reflected in science today. Scientists in biology have discovered how aging is programmed into the body and how cells have the potential to remain healthy forever. Man has increased in knowledge but remains helpless in the face of death. In fact, science has proven better at destroying life on a massive scale than creating it.

1 Like

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:

By eating of the tree if knowledge man missed out on eternal life. If man was obedient he would have gotten eternal life and would have had forever to learn good and evil.
What's so special and attractive about eternal life?

It seems humans were caged in the system called Eden. Satan sounds like a programmer gone rogue. He showed man the backdoor and man promptly walked out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by UyiIredia(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

What's so special and attractive about eternal life?

It seems humans were caged in the system called Eden. Satan sounds like a programmer gone rogue. He showed man the backdoor and man promptly walked out.

SMH. Especially for the fool who liked your post.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by plaetton: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Teempakguy:
one question you people have not yet asked is why the hell a snake was so intelligent that he could convince her. and the fact that the snake was actually right

look at what the snake said.

this means "god made you dumb and foolish. he knows if you eat this fruit, you'll become rational and logical and intelligent beings."

which makes me wonder if the whole point of christianity is to return people to that earlier state of foolishness. or otherwise burn them to . . . well, forever.

ridiculous.

Lol.

grin grin

I couldn't have put it better.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:

It's the beauty of faith, Bro cool
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by plaetton: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:
The Devil didn't do man a favor.

Genesis 3:22
Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

This is reflected in science today. Scientists in biology have discovered how aging is programmed into the body and how cells have the potential to remain healthy forever. Man has increased in knowledge but remains helpless in the face of death. In fact, science has proven better at destroying life on a massive scale than creating it.

So soooooo disappointed,.. Again. undecided

Anyone who understands simple biology, and has a little common, adult sense, would not post this shyte above.

What exactly do you think death is ?

Your body cells are DYING every single minute so that new ones can take their place.

The foods you that you eat everyday had to DIE to give and sustain your life.

Pls Think a little.
Death gives life.

Something has to die for another to be born.
Death and life are two sides of the same coin and cannot exist one without the other.

That is the way of nature.
This is the way of the universe.

Only primitive people, or 21st century m.orons cannot grasp the interconnectedness of life and death in the grand symphony of existence.

Only a very very ignorant half-thinker would entertain the preposterous notion that human life was created to extend for ever, when we know that even planets, stars and galaxies are born and also DIE in a matter of TIME.

And this is what I lament here on a daily basis:
The sad fact that even an educated African cannot ever extend his mind beyond the yolk of his stone-age myths.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by plaetton: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:

This is reflected in science today. Scientists in biology have discovered how aging is programmed into the body and how cells have the potential to remain healthy forever.

To a novice, this post might sound intelligent, but is actually the usual convoluted nonsense from an ignorant mind.

1st, for the ignorant, all biological cells are INHERENTLY programmed to grow and age.
This is the INHERENT nature of life.
Daahhhhhhh !!

2nd: Of course, all cells have the potential to remain healthy,,..if time freezes, if all growth and biological activity freezes.
But, Daahhhh!! , cells cannot remain healthy for a minute, talkless of forever, if DYING and regeneration (growth and death) ceases.

Gosh , I hate lies , grounded on ignorance, and peddled in a public forum.

3 Likes

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by PastorOluT(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2015
Smh, people know so much bt understands so little!

Heaven and Hell is real, deal with it.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by johnydon22(m): 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
Isn't it funny how the Christian God denied man the gift of eternal life when man is alive (By taking away the fruit of immortality in eden) and then promise to give man eternal life when man eventually dies. . . .

I have never heard something more moroni_c and idiotic..

man should not live forever because he now has a sound reason but when you die you will live forever, so is man now going to return to that imbecili_c state after man dies?

Tell a Christian that there was a golden apple fruit in Greek mythology that could give eternal life they will laugh at you but they believe there was such a fruit in Eden that can give eternal life...

Religious beliefs centered around such ridiculous myths is that a whole bunch of people are involved (Billions) that's why it's called religion instead of madness..

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:
Scientists in biology have discovered how aging is programmed into the body and how cells have the potential to remain healthy forever. Man has increased in knowledge but remains helpless in the face of death. In fact, science has proven better at destroying life on a massive scale than creating it.
who the Bleep are you lying to?
you obviously don't know how much death is around the human body. how much of our cells are dying lately. take this fact. nature NEVER intended for us to live forever. that is a fact. NOTHING in this world can live forever. no information can exist forever. stars will die. black holes will evaporate. galaxies will dissolve. you sincerely think the paltry human body, living on some tiny planet in the middle of nowhere, was programmed to SURVIVE that?

you can do better, angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by bxcode(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Isn't it funny how the Christian God denied man the gift of eternal life when man is alive (By taking away the fruit of immortality in eden) and then promise to give man eternal life when man eventually dies. . . .

man should not live forever because he now has a sound reason but when you die you will live forever, so is man now going to return to that imbecili_c state after man dies?

Tell a Christian that there was a golden apple fruit in Greek mythology that could give eternal life they will laugh at you but they believe there was such a fruit in Eden that can give eternal life...

Religious beliefs centered around such ridiculous myths is that a whole bunch of people are involved (Billions) that's why it's called religion instead of madness..
Do you stand up for this your belief in real life or you just using NL as a medium to spew your claims and counter claims.... if yes I would like to sit down with you face to face over a lunch and chat constructively with open mind.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:

I've read dumber posts with more likes , its apparent on this thread . Its so exasperating discussing with them . They mendaciously create their own translation and then ridicule it - who the heck does that ? Oh the atheists cheesy . Its like wallowing in one's spewed vomit .
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Teempakguy:
who the Bleep are you lying to?
you obviously don't know how much death is around the human body. how much of our cells are dying lately. take this fact. nature NEVER intended for us to live forever. that is a fact. NOTHING in this world can live forever. no information can exist forever. stars will die. black holes will evaporate. galaxies will dissolve. you sincerely think the paltry human body, living on some tiny planet in the middle of nowhere, was programmed to SURVIVE that?

you can do better, angry

Do you realise you talk so much nonesense with confidence ?
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you realise you talk so much nonesense with confidence ?
well, i'm not the one who said that the christian faith is not supposed to make sense. your cohorts did. so, i guess nonsense shouldn't be a problem for you since you believe it is going to take you to heaven. you should embrace it in fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Teempakguy:
well, i'm not the one who said that the christian faith is not supposed to make sense. your cohorts did. so, i guess nonsense shouldn't be a problem for you since you believe it is going to take you to heaven. you should embrace it in fact.

Oh ... new signature you've got grin . What about the old one ? You should have left it there . Damn it ! I should have snipped it and saved it .
Though I've seen dumber ones from your kind . grin

2 Likes

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by tartar9(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
xtianity is so dumb.PROUDLY MUSLIM.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
[b]My disbelieve in the Bible started when I asked a simple question in church...

Why would God, omniscient, choose to punish the children of Adam (the whole world) for the sin of an unintelligent woman.

The reply was even more dumbfounding.. I was told to be patient till I get to heaven and ask God, or Jesus christ. Later the teacher called me and said, "pray the holyspirit reveals this to you".

WTF?

Then I began to do my research independently. And guess what?
There are older books than the Bible, if only it hadn't been carefully organised and edited, it's many flaws would have been easy to point out.

Like someone on nairaland keeps saying, religions kills the curious mind from a tender age, that is why we have a lot of adults blindly following faith, and post thrash everyday on Nairaland.

The least you religious folk can do is accept that you know nothing about God. Admit you are blindly follow faith without reasoning, tell your children, and show some respect to human intelligence.[/b]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Here he comes again! Your obsession with GOD-related topics here lends credence to one thing. Personal all-round insecurity. Daily, you energetically splatter screeds all over this section merely to refute the existence and potency of GOD. I can now conclude that this is a placebo that helps you live through each day in your hollow world.

Dedicate all your life to this futile course, your unbelief cannot prove GOD'S nonexistence nor can it dispossess GOD of HIS immortal personality.

A wild goose chase! Stop chasing the wind dude...it is beyond the pale.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by winner01(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
Politicos:

I can now conclude that this is a placebo that helps you live through each day in your hollow world.
Epic!!!! It helps him live through each day. Youve simply but precisely described his situation.
I mean who dosent let go of his pastsundecided

Its like spending your whole life stalking your Ex day in day out. Its that serious.

Shows that theres a scar somewhere that hasn't healed up completely. He's really fighting it. I still maintain that it might be sexual abuse. Such experiences leave a long lasting and ever fresh scars.

Unfortunately for him, nairaland is where where he will ever get to make all his noise.

I wont be surprised if his family is unaware of his atheistic beliefs, same goes for many of them. I only hope they get to show this level of concern for the "ignorance" of their relatives. Shebi charity begins at home grin

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

Concerning this dumb thread, as much as i would love to reply on the issue of forbidden knowledge, i wouldnt do that here. Ill probably create a new thread on that for those whose hearts are open and receptive to answers and not just for some hate-filled mockers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by CoolUsername: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
winner01:
Epic!!!! It helps him live through each day. Youve simply but precisely described his situation.
I mean who dosent let go of his pastsundecided

Its like spending your whole life stalking your Ex day in day out. Its that serious.

Shows that theres a scar somewhere that hasn't healed up completely. He's really fighting it. I still maintain that it might be sexual abuse. Such experiences leave a long lasting and ever fresh scars.

Unfortunately for him, nairaland is where where he will ever get to make all his noise.

I wont be surprised if his family is unaware of his atheistic beliefs, same goes for many of them. I only hope they get to show this level of concern for the "ignorance" of their relatives. Shebi charity begins at home grin

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

Concerning this dumb thread, as much as i would love to reply on the issue of forbidden knowledge, i wouldnt do that here. Ill probably create a new thread on that for those whose hearts are open and receptive to answers and not just for some hate-filled mockers.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by UyiIredia(m): 12:35am On Nov 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I've read dumber posts with more likes , its apparent on this thread . Its so exasperating discussing with them . They mendaciously create their own translation and then ridicule it - who the heck does that ? Oh the atheists cheesy . Its like wallowing in one's spewed vomit .

True. This is why I sometimes don't reply to their points. I only hope that if some of them return to Christ then I played my little part. Prayer also helps a lot so prayer warriors MUST do their thing. Finally, I do think some of what we say gets to them and we must innovate on how we defend the faith_without compromising_in order to bring them back on the right track.
Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I've read dumber posts with more likes , its apparent on this thread .
Lol.
This is a story about a fruit, a clay man, his rib woman and a talking snake. What were you expecting?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by Shollyps(m): 8:24am On Nov 14, 2015
I like this thread ...make I spread my mat here

1 Like

Re: Answer This With An Open Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Lol.
This is a story about a fruit, a clay man, his rib woman and a talking snake. What were you expecting?

From my researches in past times , I discovered three interpretations

1. Snakes had the power of speech before it was taken away from them - I've told plaetton this

2. The event was a mystical one - Satan used the snake as a tool meaning it possessed it which enabled it to talk or Satan spoke through the snake

3. The snake was humanoid and had a sexual interest in Eve and Satan discovering this used it . The snake beguiled Eve which implied seduction and slept with her to bring forth Cain . Cain was not totally human that's why he had that evil knowledge of murder - killing his own brother .

See , the third one could be heretical and I've always avoided using it . One and Two are the most sensible . Even the donkey in the Balaam's story was used as a tool to rebuke Balaam .

Chill out bro . At your own peril if you choose to ridicule the creation story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / Tracts Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.