Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan (2343 Views)

11 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Detained In Kuje Prison Under President / Nigerian Airforce Under President Buhari (Photos) / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by razid: 10:27am On Nov 13, 2015
The Treasury Single Account (TSA) contract that gave out 1% as remittance fee for all government accounts moved to the Central Bank of Nigeria was signed under the regime of Goodluck Jonathan in 2012, a CBN source has revealed to SaharaReporters.

The Peoples Democratic Party had claimed recently that the TSA policy was formulated under former President Jonathan. However, due to weak regulations and corruption in the system, several ministries, departments and agencies of the Nigerian government refused to conform with the TSA policy.

A company, Systemspecs Ltd, founded by John Tanimola Osaro in 1992, got the contract to oversee the remittance of funds into the TSA. “Remita” is the flagship product of Mr. Obaro’s Systemspecs Ltd. According to our CBN source, the company built in a demand for a 1% fee to be paid to it for all remittances made into the TSA. System specs Ltd is chaired by a former Nigerian Ambassador to the UK and chair of SURE-P program under ex-President Jonathan’s regime.

Since President Muhammad Buhari made it mandatory for MDAs to remit funds into the TSA, Systemspecs company had already been paid N8.6 billion when CBN officials claimed they detected the anomaly and forced Mr. Obaro’s company to refund the excessive remittance fee. So far, the TSA account has N1.5 trillion deposited in it, the CBN source said no commission was paid.

The Central Bank source said the apex bank was in the process of developing internal competency to enable it to handle the TSA. "We at the Central Bank should be able to handle remittances into the TSA without having to pay any so-called consultants a bloated remittance fee," the source said.

SaharaReporters also contacted the former Central Bank Governor, Lamido Sanusi, who is now the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II. He asserted that the CBN did not sign any contract with REMITA under his watch. In a series of text messages, he stated that it was the Ministry of Finance and the Accountant General of the Federation who must have signed the contract with REMITA. The former CBN Governor added that only Nigeria's Finance Minister is entitled to pay commission on such payments. He said under his tenure as CBN Governor his team kept pushing for TSA. According to him, the CBN's call for the institution of TSA could be found in the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting communiques. He told SaharaReporters that some ministers in ex-President Jonathan's government resisted the TSA apparently because they were doing deals with banks.

SaharaReporters contacted Mr. Obaro’s company, but he did not respond to our inquiries as at the time of going to press.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/12/treasury-single-account-contract-signed-under-president-goodluck-jonathan
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Thank God for "change"
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by razid: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2015
kokoro dudu • 4 hours ago

PUTTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT...WHAT I KNOW ABOUT REMITA....(Please be alert to my emphasis on some words and phrases using capital letters)

Some years back...I suppose a little more than 5 yrs but preceding the the GEJ era, I saw an advert in the newspapers....a new epayment/collection system developed locally by a Nigerian, with a brand name REMITA was advertised. It sought to bring additional innovation to the landscape dominated by Interswitch but focused on the Corporate epayment solutions.

The solution was developed to help corporate organizations leverage online platform to drive collections especially from distributors of their products in order to eliminate leakages and fraud...and also for govts to drive collections....I checked the Company that developed it, it was no other than...SYSTEM SPECS...A Technology innovation and solutions company that is one of the early local technology developers in Nigeria owned by Mr John Obaro....I suppose he is from the NIGER DELTA REGION OF NIGERIA.!!.....

ROLL BACKWARD TO LATE 90S

Mr Obaro's company SYSTEM SPECS had about 15 + years ago developed the first Human Capital Management solution in Nigeria called HUMAN MANAGER...the first to compete with similar solutions owned by foreign Hi-Tech companies like SAP and SAGE....being a cheaper solution, it caught the waves and many corporates bought the solution to manage their HR. I recall that when Capital Alliance Private Equity set-up in Nigeria in late 90s, SYSTEM SPECS was one of the first Technology companies they wanted to invest in because of their forward looking business, but it eventually did not happen...........

FAST FORWARD TO 2014....

When the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy , Ngozi Okonjo Iwela came up the the TSA policy in 2014, she of course knew that the only way it will be efficient was to drive it through an eCollection /ePayment platform so that Revenue agencies and collection banks can automatically remit funds to the TSAs in CBN without much of human intervention and to avoid revenue leakages. So I think sometime in Oct/Nov 2014, NOI through the approval of former President GEJ signed the contract with SYSTEM SPECS to leverage the REMITA SOLUTIONS....(Our own home grown solution in promotion of local content in Technology adoption) to be the eCollection platform....

Now by all local and global standards, eCollection platforms typically charge between 1%-3% of total value of transactions...so I do believe that NOI agreed to the lower band...1% and signed the deal. That means REMITA platform, owned by SYSTEM SPECS will charge 1% of total revenues collected through it!..... It is imperative to note here that THIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED BY NOI UNDER GEJ GOVT ....and that is the subsisting contract till date...... I suppose because the TSA compliance under GEJ was very low, the charges may not have been so high enough in one swoop to warrant the "eagle eye" of Nigerians...or better put, news fabricators! propagandists!! and News Mongers!!!

ROLL FORWARD CURRENT DAY....

Naturally when PMB ordered for full compliance of TSA....I honestly would not know if the transfers were made through REMITA or not, but I suppose being the ecollection platform they applied 1% charge on the transfers!....leading to about N25B income, that many have criminalized and came up with spurious allegations and fabricated lies on......Suddenly, a deal contracted and signed by NOI and approved by GEJ.........SYSTEM SPECS (Erroneously called REMITA, the brand name of the solution); has been baptised and transfigured by some rumour hungry Nigerians to now be ALPHA BETA (company alleged to be owned by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu) and deal trending to be a PMB deal!!!......

Now, while I personally may have issue with the terms of charges, I think we should understand this is a CONTRACT signed by previous govt and stands to face serious legal issues if it was reversed or cancelled without due process......But I do also know for those who see everything wrong with PMB...or who are looking for ways to accuse him, ...had he cancelled the contract, they will still say he is REVERSING ALL THAT FORMER PRESIDENT GEJ DID!!!!......

May be Nigerians should be told, that the standard applied by SYSTEM SPECS is acceptable globally and various govt revenue agencies using online medium like Nigeria Immigration (ePassport) (never mind they have gone manual to enable the usual fraud to continue), have done similar things.....Blame should go the govt that signed the contract because they could have negotiated better and much lower charges considering the VOLUME OF TRANSACTIONS INVOLVED. Or even negotiate an outright purchase of the platform!!...I suppose should not have cost more than $10-20m to purchase it and then ask SYSTEM SPECS to operate it for annual fees!!

Surely, if some Nigerians are not careful, the way they are going they will use propaganda to set this nation on rage!!!,...I just can not fathom the level of bitterness......
http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/12/treasury-single-account-contract-signed-under-president-goodluck-jonathan#comment-2357338558
Personally, what is the big deal in 1%? That is the trouble with Nigerians. This issue is based on an agreement of which both parties are signatory. Why the hue and cry? Have they pondered on the liability involved if the system malfunction? We're talking of 2.5 trillion compare with 25billion only. Some of these people are very very ignorant. As a developer, I developed for a cooperative society and I charged 5% because of the risk involved. They are looking at the money but they fail to look at what goes in to bring in the money. Bunch of ignorant f..ls.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by sammyj: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2015
OK
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by naija2dabone(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2015
So it's not Buhari's iniative ? Wow. Interesting

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Rad1cal: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Thank God for "change"

When will Alpha beta return all Lagos "loot"

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2015
Rad1cal:

this is d era of change, and ur clueless corrupt ogogoro hero and his cronies cannot keep on enjoying their loot after been kick out
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Rad1cal: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
this is d era of change, and ur clueless corrupt ogogoro hero and his cronies cannot keep on enjoying their loot after been kick out

Fool i asked a simple question. When will Alphabeta return their commission running into billions of naira from the lasg.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
razid:

Personally, what is the big deal in 1%? That is the trouble with Nigerians. This issue is based on an agreement of which both parties are signatory. Why the hue and cry? Have they pondered on the liability involved if the system malfunction? We're talking of 2.5 trillion compare with 25billion only. Some of these people are very very ignorant. As a developer, I developed for a cooperative society and I charged 5% because of the risk involved. They are looking at the money but they fail to look at what goes in to bring in the money. Bunch of ignorant f..ls.
d bunch of ignorant tot it was PMB that give out d 25b naira, that make d saTANist party to be shouting in their party conference
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Rad1cal:

Fool i asked a simple question. When will Alphabeta return their commission running into billions of naira from the lasg.
enjoy d change while it last, it wil last for 20yrs
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by CyberWolf: 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
But it's SLS that awarded the contract to them..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
razid:

deal with this, boy and stop foaming in the mouth. what is the job of the CBN if it cannot handle remmitances from the banks since it deals with the banks and handles their funds directly. accept the fact that the company was set us for this selfish purpose: to embezzle an unnecessary fund.

what is the big deal in UBA remmitting XXXX Billion and CBN auditing and checking all papers?

This auditing company has chairmen who have nother to do with auditing. they are all past government officials who just wanted to use the avenue to rip off the masses again!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
CyberWolf:
can't you read? He said he wasnt the one.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by CyberWolf: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
can't you read? He said he wasnt the one.
Shut up, he is the one. What do you know?
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
OP has just replied those bigots that raised their legs and walk with their brain.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
CyberWolf:
But SLS denied awarding any contract and he made it clear the CBN doesn't handle such?... He claims the Finance ministry signed the contract.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
Vestige of PDP's 16 years of misrule.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
deal with this, boy and stop foaming in the mouth. what is the job of the CBN if it cannot handle remmitances from the banks since it deals with the banks and handles their funds directly. accept the fact that the company was set us for this selfish purpose: to embezzle an unnecessary fund.

what is the big deal in UBA remmitting XXXX Billion and CBN auditing and checking all papers?

This auditing company has chairmen who have nother to do with auditing. they are all past government officials who just wanted to use the avenue to rip off the masses again!
The company in question has been in existence for over a decade. They have also handled this kind of cash transfer contracts for over a decade. All over the world, fund handling is an expensive business and financial companies that do this sort of business sometimes charge commissions even as high as 5%.

It is left to the FG that signed the contract to tell Nigerians why they didn't allow the CBN to handle the contract. It is also left to the new FG to tell us why they didnt review the contract before moving ahead with the transfer of trillions.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
Why didn't Buhari review the contract before implementation? Before now, APC told us that TSA was their initiative, but now that there is a problem, GEJ is the culprit. Bunch of Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by TimeManager(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=Rad1cal post=39974959]

CAN YOU PLS TELL ME THE SINS OF ALPHA BETA.IS IT THE COMMISSION? OR THE FACT THAT IT WAS ALLEGEDLY OWNED BY ASIWAJU EVEN WHEN HE DOES NOT OCCUPY ANY PUBLIC OFFICE?TELL ME HOW ALPHA BETA CAN BE FOUND GUITY? YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR COMPANY RENDER SERVICES TO THE STATE FREE OF CHARGE,NO PROBLEMS! WAILERS LIKE YOU LISTEN TO PROPAGANDA AND RUN WITH IT.NO ONE CAN MAKE A FOOL THINK.
Deal With It Or Die With It!
The Truth Has Spoken!No Lie Only Truth!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Splashme: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
[size=15pt]Nonsense Hypocrites.

When we said the TSA was a Jonathan/Okonjo Iweala initiative, you guys insist on forcing it on Buhari same way you did for improvements in Power and Refineries.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Splashme: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
naija2dabone:
So it's not Buhari's iniative ? Wow. Interesting

You dey mind them?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by erunz(m): 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY APC IS A SCAM. WHEN THERE IS PROBLEM APC ALWAYS LOOK FOR WHO BLAME IN PDP BUT IF ITS GOOD THEY WILL WANT TO TAKE THE GLORY.

GEJ WHO STARTED TSA DID NOT FULLY IMPLEMENT IT. BUT APC DULLARD PRESIDENT, WITHOUT REVIEWING THE TERMS OF CONTRACT IMPLEMENTS THE TSA, NOW THAT IT HAS BACKFIRE THEY WANT TO BLAME GEJ AGAIN. I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THIS UNTIL APC STOPS THEIR HYPOCRISY AND ALSO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR MISTAKE THEY WILL NEVER GET IT RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by TimeManager(m): 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
I watchad with glee how PDP in their foolishness during their national conference directly or indirectly accuses APC of slush funds via the TSA.they thought the 1% charge was as agreement with the present govt, instead they forgot or ignorant as the case may be that it was approved by the last administration with the knowlege of the cbn governor,finance minister and the accountant general(ex) according to information.i would continue to watch as the game of suspicion increases among APC and PDP especially amomg the powermongers.its a long 4years.
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Nnemuka(f): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
When they said the TSA was saving Nigeria money, they hailed body language...
Now that they hear N60bn is stolen..they blame the bowler hat...quickly pointing out that it was a 2012 deal....
So tell us how much System Spec made from FG since 2012 via REMITA

[b]On August 9, 2015. FG Press Release:
Buhari orders federal ministries, agencies to open treasury single account
-
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered each and every Federal Government Ministry, Department or Agency to start paying into a Treasury Single Account (TSA) for all government revenues, incomes and other receipts.
According to the directive, this measure is specifically to promote transparency and facilitate compliance with sections 80 and 162 of the 1999 Constitution.
Henceforth, according to a statement by Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, all receipts due to the Federal Government or any of its agencies must be paid into TSA or designated accounts maintained and operated in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), except otherwise expressly approved.
------- PAUSE------- Let's Think-----
> buhari makes order on Aug 9
>Between Aug 9 and Sept 14, all ministries complied
>On Sept 15; N2.5trn is mopped up and moved/transferred, somebody takes a whopping N25bil commission for the transfer
Ok------ Move on
>From Sept 15 to date, total commission for transfer from TSA has amounted to a whopping N60bil.
------- Pause Again-----
Such huge amount and Aboki buhari aka Baba GoSlow rumored as "Not Corrupt" and "Prudent" sat back, eating kulikuli and drinking Kunu, approved this transaction with such huge commission?
----- Let's move on----
Note: From Aug 9 to Sept 15-- The ministries had No ministers, ministries were headed by Perm-Secs
Fast forward -
>Nov 8; buhari sacks all Perm-Secs
>Nov 11; buhari swears in ministers
Phewww------ Clean Sweep. The Deal is Done--- Ministers can now resume
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by TimeManager(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
The question as to whether the govt should have reviewed the contract does not count,my opinon.the 1% is the standard charge.the question is why would the cbn having had a software system chose to outsource it? specs has done nothing wrong.it is just a MERE SUSPICION by PDP and Dino Melaye(and you know why).they simply want to bring some APC leaders down.
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by amAZEing: 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
Atimes stupldity do walk like a normal person.
Some Ppl should always try to reason with their God given brain.
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Okanokan(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
Before now Apc claims with thier introduction of TSA, The Buhari's administration had dealt Corruption a DEATH BLOW. But with the recent revelation on the floor of the Senate of how the TSA is used to rip Nigeria, The Apc is now saying Jonathan is the cause. One thing Nigerians have noticed about the Apc is that they won't own up where they make mistake but where the policy of previous administrations is good they will claim it as thier own. Mr Buhari during the swearing of Ministers spoke passionately about TSA and it will help reduce corruption, but today, Nigerians are now aware that it was policy put in place by the Jonathan Administration and not the Apc. From all indication the Apc is not original and more importantly, the Apc hardly carry out an indepth analysis of previous policies of Government before applying, misapplying and or abandoning it altogether. Apc can only survive by Propaganda. Pdp is BAD but Apc is WORSE.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by MadCow1: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
Okanokan:
Before now Apc claims with thier introduction of TSA, The Buhari's administration had dealt Corruption a DEATH BLOW. But with the recent revelation on the floor of the Senate of how the TSA is used to rip Nigeria, The Apc is now saying Jonathan is the cause. One thing Nigerians have noticed about the Apc is that they won't own up where they make mistake but where the policy of previous administrations is good they will claim it as thier own. Mr Buhari during the swearing of Ministers spoke passionately about TSA and it will help reduce corruption, but today, Nigerians are now aware that it was policy put in place by the Jonathan Administration and not the Apc. From all indication the Apc is not original and more importantly, the Apc hardly carry out an indepth analysis of previous policies of Government before applying, misapplying and or abandoning it altogether. Apc can only survive by Propaganda. Pdp is BAD but Apc is WORSE.

Did you read the part that says the agreement with the Company was signed in 2012?

Who was in power in 2012?
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Chubhie: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Okay I get the logic. When it's good blame body language when bad blame GEJ.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by richidinho(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
same !diat that counted TSA as one of Buhari's Achievement

did you care to ask why GEJ refused to implement it?

APC ehn!
Re: Treasury Single Account Contract Signed Under President Goodluck Jonathan by Okanokan(m): 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
MadCow1:

Did you read the part that says the agreement with the Company was signed in 2012?

Who was in power in 2012?

That's what i am stating. Nigerians became aware of TSA as a policy statement by the President Mr Buhari as a means to plug loophole in Government finances and he never credited the Jonathans administration of fashioning the policy or doing something good, but now that certain facts are in the public domain that are negative, Mr Jonathan is the cause. Nigerian must know that there is a huge difference between formulation and implementation of policy, why did the Apc not study the TSA policy and contractual agreements before implementing it, the action of Apc only suggest that the Apc team is not thorough and original.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flash Back: Nigerian Apologizes To Former President Jonathan For Voting Him Out! / The Truth About Buhari Being A Tyrant, A Reply To Reno Omokri -veraponpo / Flashback 1984 : Propaganda Or Paranoia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.