Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Help!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! (708 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! by ynkabir(m): 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Everytime i try updating my Samsung Galaxy phone it will say your phone is modified that i cannot update it.actualy i bought it from a friend but i dont understand the term modified.Thanks
Re: Help!!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
ynkabir:
Everytime i try updating my Samsung Galaxy phone it will say your phone is modified that i cannot update it.actualy i bought it from a friend but i dont understand the term modified.Thanks
Samsung implemented Syscope in their newer phones.
Basically it checks the device for any unauthorized firmware modifications which can come by rooting.
It's most likely your friend rooted the phone.
If you want to update then you need to flash the stock firmware on the device (if you're running the stock ROM, which you most likely are since you can get OTAs then your apps and data will not be wiped)
After flashing check if you can update, if it still says modified then back up your data, perform a full factory reset (this wipes all your data) then flash the phone.
You should be able to update the phone now.

If it's a firmware upgrade you want to perform and you can't do it OTA since your device has been modified then you can either use Kies or Odin to upgrade it manually.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Karmanaut:

Samsung implemented Syscope in their newer phones.
Basically it checks the device for any unauthorized firmware modifications which can come by rooting.
It's most likely your friend rooted the phone.
If you want to update then you need to flash the stock firmware on the device (if you're running the stock ROM, which you most likely are since you can get OTAs then your apps and data will not be wiped)
After flashing check if you can update, if it still says modified then back up your data, perform a full factory reset (this wipes all your data) then flash the phone.
You should be able to update the phone now.

If it's a firmware upgrade you want to perform and you can't do it OTA since your device has been modified then you can either use Kies or Odin to upgrade it manually.
Cheers.
Lol, what's with all those grammars?

Op, it means that the phone has been rooted.
Re: Help!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
IamBae:
What grammar? I just explained and proffered (a) solution(s).
Re: Help!!! by ynkabir(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2015

Op, it means that the phone has been rooted.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, It's My Infinix Hot Note X551 Again! / GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? / HELP: I Need Tecno Y4 Custom Recovery Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.