Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help (797 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by CHUXA(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
My Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model can't go beyond 120. I have changed the gearbox and airflow metre without any change. I have also worked on the exhaust to no avail. My mechanic & electrician seem to have come to their wits end. Please, Ikenna, Sienna and the gurus in the house, I seriously need your suggestions. Thanks
Re: I Need Help by mayor2013: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
CHUXA:
My Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model can't go beyond 120. I have changed the gearbox and airflow metre without any change. I have also worked on the exhaust to no avail. My mechanic & electrician seem to have come to their wits end. Please, Ikenna, Sienna and the gurus in the house, I seriously need your suggestions. Thanks

Run a scan. Am sure your "service engine soon" lamp is on. If you are in lagos and you need a good fix. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: I Need Help by CHUXA(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thanks. I had 2 guys run a scan and that's how I ended up changing gear box. I am in Aba actually
Re: I Need Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
What were the results?
Re: I Need Help by CHUXA(m): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2015
Nothing definite. We have a situation where electricians have acquired laptops and softwares and scanning. One said the firing is not complete. He recommended changing the catalyst, which I have done but the problem is still there. I am thinking about going to Port Harcourt to scan.
Re: I Need Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2015
CHUXA:
Nothing definite. We have a situation where electricians have acquired laptops and softwares and scanning. One said the firing is not complete. He recommended changing the catalyst, which I have done but the problem is still there. I am thinking about going to Port Harcourt to scan.

What are the results of the scan? What is the rpm of the car at 120? Is the overdrive button in on or off position?
Re: I Need Help by kolnel: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2015
Truck might have a speed limiter if you attain 120 on low rpm
But seriously 120 on a Nissan Pathfinder is more than enough
Re: I Need Help by DGD1(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
kolnel:
Truck might have a speed limiter if you attain 120 on low rpm
But seriously 120 on a Nissan Pathfinder is more than enough

Yeah, possibly a speed limiter.
I think that suv is 180km/hr, 120 is nt too much let's say 140km/hr is ok (u r d speed type) on naija good (patched) roads.
NOTE: higher you go, higher rollover risk in d case of dodging potholes
Re: I Need Help by kolnel: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2015
DGD1:

Yeah, possibly a speed limiter.
I think that suv is 180km/hr, 120 is nt too much let's say 140km/hr is ok (u r d speed type) on naija good (patched) roads.
NOTE: higher you go, higher rollover risk in d case of dodging potholes

From experience I won't do 100 on that truck talk less of 120
120 is like a death wish
That path has a high roll over risk all what it needs is a lil sharp steer and you are off balance
Re: I Need Help by honmusa(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2015
CHUXA:
If your car fuel pressure on the fuel line is not up to the manufacturer recommended psi ,it will definitely have a limiting effect on your car speed and performance .
Find a reputable workshop that have the equipment to perform fuel pressure test on your fuel line in your car.
You can call autologic @ 08061166316 to conduct this test. They have the tool.
Dont go and change your fuel pump yet ,you can have obstacles obstructing the flow of the pressure that is why u need to run a diagnosis on the fuel line first with the appropriate equipment .
Re: I Need Help by DGD1(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2015
kolnel:

From experience I won't do 100 on that truck talk less of 120
120 is like a death wish
That path has a high roll over risk all what it needs is a lil sharp steer and you are off balance

oh my bad,
I've not driven dat suv before. I was judging based on toyota 4runner 2002 sports edition I drive frequently this days. this one balance well at 140km/hr at rpm of 3000 max. it's speedometer iss also max at 180km/hr.

(1) (Reply)

Lucid Motors Looking To Hand Ownership To Ford (photos) / BMW I Inside Future Concept Unveiled (amazing Photos And Unique Features) / PGA Championship 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.