Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

!!!tech Help Needed!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / !!!tech Help Needed!!! (3030 Views)

Please Help Needed Urgently / Help Needed / If You Are Using Infinix Hot Note 3..come In Help Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

!!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 12:52am On Dec 04, 2015
I'm about getting a new smart phone, But i'm not sure which one to go for.
I like Infinix zero x509 , but the screen is a bit small, and it dose'nt support OTG and i don't know what to expect from infinix and their batteries or even camera.
Then HTC desire 820 is another phone i love the finishing and would have gone for it, but after reading users review on GSM and phonearena about it, i'm not too sure again. They all seem to be complaining about the battery and how it gets really hot while using it. And to think it dose'nt have OTG aswell.
Finally Sony xperia Z2 seems a perfect phone, but at 60k(london used) , its a bit pricey. ( money is really hard to come by these days).
So please guys should i just go for Z2 or you think x509 or 820 are good value for my money?

1 Like

Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 1:00am On Dec 04, 2015
Greenhulk phoneplant
cutehector unclesamtech samid4lyfe honsule ayoproxyg daremaevell techlector samafloxy consultancy walcolm ishittu teewhydope henry007 dljbd1 baroba karmanaut ewizard1 hendrix108 heeboy94

please No offense meant brothers, just needed a little help

1 Like

Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by Baroba(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2015
If you going to buy Chinese Xiaomi Redmi note 3 is about to drop and i don't see it costing more than 46k, am not a fan of all these no name brands.. Too many quality control defects as far as am concerned..

The Sony Z2 is a great phone but the 801 Snapdragon processor will be 3 yrs old in 2016, its an older chipset but will still give you a good android performance..

Personally, i think it's too expensive at 60k for a used one..

Htc is still struggling with mid range phones, am not surprised the one you mentioned has issues.. Don't know much about it though..
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by OmichaelO: 9:29am On Dec 04, 2015
op 60k is too much for Z2..last I priced for Z2 was 49k and that was last week.

the question is how much is your actual budget? I'm pretty sure you will be able to get good deal. probably better than the aforementioned..
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by karferguso(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2015
What if the budget is around 40-45k nko?
Would have loved the xiaomi Redmi note 3 but the absence of SD card na minus
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by ishittu: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2015
Why don't you wait for the rumored infinix zero3
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by OmichaelO: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
karferguso:
Redmi note 2 is still a good deal..
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by Baroba(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
OmichaelO:

True and it comes with removable battery and expandable memory. Runs the same chipset as the 3, i think that's the sort of device you should be looking at..
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by karferguso(m): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Baroba:

True and it comes with removable battery and expandable memory. Runs the same chipset as the 3, i think that's the sort of device you should be looking at..
a'ii but review these days..u'll see some people talking about its battery life being not too good and the absence of fast charge
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
OmichaelO:
op 60k is too much for Z2..last I priced for Z2 was 49k and that was last week.

the question is how much is your actual budget? I'm pretty sure you will be able to get good deal. probably better than the aforementioned..
i'm hoping to probably spend anything below 50k.
That one of 49k, is it in lagos?. Though i'm in onitsha
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
karferguso:
i'm not too sure about the xiaomi, the budget is not a problem, but i have a 32G sdcard that am using in my present phone, and it house most of my stuffs, and i would prefer one with an sdcard slot.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
ishittu:
Why don't you wait for the rumored infinix zero3
yea! I saw it in one of your thread, then i googled it to see if i could get a clue of what it looks like and the specs, but i found nothing. Do you have the specs already? i would like to know if you do.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
OmichaelO:
but 'no sdcard' is the deal breaker for me.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
Baroba:

Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by karferguso(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
write2obi:
it has sd card only the note 3 does not have sd card
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by ishittu: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
write2obi:
yea! I saw it in one of your thread, then i googled it to see if i could get a clue of what it looks like and the specs, but i found nothing. Do you have the specs already? i would like to know if you do.

No specs yet just speculation
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
karferguso:

it has sd card only the note 3 does not have sd card
thats very correct thanks, do you have any idea how much its sold?
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
ishittu:

No specs yet just speculation
ok, am not sure i can wait. My phone has kicked the bucket. And i need to get my android account up and running, so i can get my contacts.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by karferguso(m): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
write2obi:
thats very correct thanks, do you have any idea how much its sold?
around #43k-#45k for the 16 gb rom.....check Elijahdre and initialize and see for ursef
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
karferguso:

around #43k-#45k for the 16 gb rom.....check Elijahdre and initialize and see for ursef
thanks
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by ishittu: 12:05am On Dec 05, 2015
write2obi:
ok, am not sure i can wait. My phone has kicked the bucket. And i need to get my android account up and running, so i can get my contacts.

choi then note 2 might be an option
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by ishittu: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2015
write2obi:

No specs yet but since it is Zero 3 , it might be tripple ram, who knows?
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by OmichaelO: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
write2obi:
it supports sdcard
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by hendrix108(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
write2obi:
Greenhulk phoneplant
cutehector unclesamtech samid4lyfe honsule ayoproxyg daremaevell techlector samafloxy consultancy walcolm ishittu teewhydope henry007 dljbd1 baroba karmanaut ewizard1 hendrix108 heeboy94

please No offense meant brothers, just a needed little help
how may i be of help bruh
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
write2obi:
Greenhulk phoneplant

please No offense meant brothers, just a needed little help

If u ask me I'll pick the Sony xperia z2, it is the superior of all the phones. But if ubare a careless type then u might not be able to use it. My wife has a Sony xperia z and once the screen cracks, the whole touchscreen stops working, u will need to replace the whole screen with the back cover as they are built together. Unlike other phones that still works when the screen cracks, the Sony xperia touchscreen will not work once there's a single small crack on the screen. And the screen is quite expensive, that is if u can even get the original one. My wife ha replaced her screen 3 times and she's just fed up and abandoned the phone. The phone is great when the screen doesn't crack. Snapdragon 801 is great, I use an LG g3 together with galaxy s6 and my LG still rocks with snapdragon 801.

Or u can just get the xiaomi redmi note 3. It's a good phone with flagship specs at a great price
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
greenhulk:

If u ask me I'll pick the Sony xperia z2, it is the superior of all the phones. But if ubare a careless type then u might not be able to use it. My wife has a Sony xperia z and once the screen cracks, the whole touchscreen stops working, u will need to replace the whole screen with the back cover as they are built together. Unlike other phones that still works when the screen cracks, the Sony xperia touchscreen will not work once there's a single small crack on the screen. And the screen is quite expensive, that is if u can even get the original one. My wife ha replaced her screen 3 times and she's just fed up and abandoned the phone. The phone is great when the screen doesn't crack. Snapdragon 801 is great, I use an LG g3 together with galaxy s6 and my LG still rocks with snapdragon 801.

Or u can just get the xiaomi redmi note 3. It's a good phone with flagship specs at a great price
thanks alot, i really appreciate.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2015
karferguso:

wow! I've spent the last 2days going through their respective threads, I never know such transactions exist in nairaland or any other place for that matter. In the past i've read about some nice phones in the internet, that i tot i would'nt be able to get cos they are not in the nigerian market. Am really impressed with what they are doing, and i will be giving one of then a call later today to see if we can make a deal.
About the redmi note 2, from the internet pix i've seen, the phone looks pooly finished, maybe its because i've not seen and held it.
I want a phone you would rate 8 on a scale of 1--10.
What do you think of
UMI iron and Letv 1s x500?
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 8:21am On Dec 07, 2015
OmichaelO:
it supports sdcard
Thats true. what do you think of the phone? I mean the finishing?
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2015
write2obi:
wow! I've spent the last 2days going through their respective threads, I never know such transactions exist in nairaland or any other place for that matter. In the past i've read about some nice phones in the internet, that i tot i would'nt be able to get cos they are not in the nigerian market. Am really impressed with what they are doing, and i will be giving one of then a call later today to see if we can make a deal.
About the redmi note 2, from the internet pix i've seen, the phone looks pooly finished, maybe its because i've not seen and held it.
I want a phone you would rate 8 on a scale of 1--10.
What do you think of
UMI iron and Letv 1s x500?

If u are looking for a beautiful phone the xiaomi redmi note 2 is not one. It is s powerful phone for its price but it won't turn heads when u pull it out. Xiaomi mi4 looks a lot better. That one will turn heads.
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by write2obi(m): 8:57am On Dec 07, 2015
greenhulk:

If u are looking for a beautiful phone the xiaomi redmi note 2 is not one. It is s powerful phone for its price but it won't turn heads when u pull it out. Xiaomi mi4 looks a lot better. That one will turn heads.
thats exactly what am looking for, a phone that will "turn heads" and ofcos with a good specs. Thanks.
And what do you think of Letv 1s?
Re: !!!tech Help Needed!!! by OmichaelO: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2015
write2obi:
Thats true. what do you think of the phone? I mean the finishing?
it's nice IMO, but the metal body of redmi note 3 makes it more attractive. But the memory card ish is still a deal breaker. But USBOTG flash drive can suffice. And not make one feel it.but in summary it's nice phone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Problem With Tecno Droipad 7c Pro / This Data Plans Will Not Kill Sombody / Bluboo Dual: Phantom 6 Rival That Cost Less Than #40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.