Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

Right Or Wrong? (pic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Right Or Wrong? (pic) (721 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For Women To Wear Trousers. / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / (pic)confession Of Sins To A Catholic Priest Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Right Or Wrong? (pic) by Iroh88(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Was switching through some tv channels at a friend's and came across this: A Ghanaian "Bishop" Charles Agyinsare using a laptop as his Bible.

In our living rooms I imagine we could easily do this, but I've got this feeling it isn't just right doing so on the alter of God. I feel there is something uniquely spiritual about our good ol Bible, and it just can't be substituted.

Let the religious gurus we have shed some light on this. Aren't we growing too IT-centric in our religious houses?? How appropriate is it?
Re: Right Or Wrong? (pic) by johnydon22(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2015
You all should realize that the world is evolving and it is either you choose to evolve with it or you keep your self into the past.

Most ancient texts where never written on paper even the bible that is the subject of discussion. Many were in cuneiform or scrolls.

If laptop or electronic book is wrong then using a paper is wrong too because paper was not the original format...

why not go get the scrolls and stone tablets instead..

The world is growing past paper and pen to electronics. . .There is nothing wrong with development

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Right Or Wrong? (pic) by menesheh(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
Iroh88:
Was switching through some tv channels at a friend's and came across this: A Ghanaian "Bishop" Charles Agyinsare using a laptop as his Bible.

In our living rooms I imagine we could easily do this, but I've got this feeling it isn't just right doing so on the alter of God. I feel there is something uniquely spiritual about our good ol Bible, and it just can't be substituted.

Let the religious gurus we have shed some light on this. Aren't we growing too IT-centric in our religious houses?? How appropriate is it?

The essence of textual bible is to read from it and preserve it for another day, if those that inscribed the bible came in contact with computers and tablets, they will prefer computer than scrolls to preserve their mythical book called the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Somalia Bans Christmas, New Year Festivities / Hundreds Of Muslim Workers Fired After Dispute Over Prayers / Pope Explains His 'who Am I To Judge' Remark On Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.