Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Please Help Catch This Guy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help Catch This Guy. (12774 Views)

Become A Billionaire Over Night - Help Catch Boko Haram Leader Shekau / Government Hiring Thieves To Help Catch Thieves / Help Catch This Guy Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2009

I am just at home watching BBC Crime watch - A programme that deals with crime story and shows wanted criminal. Guess what I saw next?. . . .A Nigerian man! [No surprise there]. What annoys me is the fact that he gives people bad name and may have made a wrong decision that may have affected a patient's life.

And you guys wonder, why Nigerian's find it a hard time to get into the medical sector here. . . . Nice.

Oluwaseyi Olorundamilola Farombi is wanted for using forged documents and false information to get work as a mental health doctor in the UK.

He was due to attend Croydon Crown Court on 4 March 2009, having breached his bail conditions and tampered with his electronic tag but failed to turn up.

He is not believed to have any qualifications and could still be working in a hospital as a locum [doctor], despite being suspended by the General Medical Council.

His last known address was in Catford, South East London and he could still be living in the area.

He has access to several cars including SN02RYH Blue Freelander, P123TTM Blue Renault Clio, R827YCR White Leyland Box Van and LV06KND Beige Nissan Micra.

He has an extremely distinctive mole on his right upper lip (under his nose).

Phone: Incident Room: 0208 603 8408

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/wanted/2009/06/oluwaseyi_olorundamilola_farombi.shtml
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by LadyT(f): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
angry

he is clearly mad
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by yicob(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
Yoruba !
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
yicob:

Yoruba !

I wouldn't care what tribe he is. I am upset because he may have seen a patient and as a result make a fatal decision that may not have a comeback. I blame the GMC for taking long to verify his papers.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tope5000: 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
yicob:

Yoruba !

meaning? undecided
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
yicob:

Yoruba !

I wouldn't care what tribe he is. I am upset because he may have seen a patient and as a result make a fatal decision that may not have a comeback. I blame the GMC for taking long to verify his papers.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by oderemo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
Yoruba !

spit it out. dont sit on the fence.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by LadyT(f): 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
abi o talk now alakori angry
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by yicob(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
Alakora npe elomii ni alakori !
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by LadyT(f): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2009
yicob:

Alakora npe elomii ni alakori !

Blah blah just grow up. And grow some balls if you wanna say something say it.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ifyalways(f): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Topic,hes clearly mentally disabled.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
OMG I think I know this guy.

Is his mum late?

chei- pastor's son!!!

God help us.

I hope I'm wrong oh- he's my cousin's friend in lagos. undecided
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by LadyT(f): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
I am just shocked he was so brave to do this nonsense. I mean how was he not caught sooner?

Was he really that good in pretending?
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by MrCrackles(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
yicob:

Yoruba !

I didnt know you are a tribalistic vagabond as well!
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
ifyalways:

@Topic,hes clearly mentally disabled.

Nah far from it. He is very audacious and intelligent. Only that he did what is morally wrong and illegal. I am really interested in the case, and trying to see if I can find more info about it.

LadyT:

I am just shocked he was so brave to do this nonsense.  I mean how was he not caught sooner?

Was he really that good in pretending?

I think it takes time for GMC to process the verification etc. However, it should have been done before he was offered the job. Again, it may have been difficult to confirm his papers from respective organisation back home.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
I did think he was a doctor though I wasnt aware he was working as a psychiatrist in the UK. This is surprising.

He has some "hard" friends (some of who may also be on nairaland).

Evil communication does corrupt good manners.

This is a crying shame. undecided

chei!!!

is it by force to go abroad- what's wrong with all these Nigerians who just commit crimes anyhow as a cultural thing!
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by MrCrackles(m): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
Topic

M on the look out, if i see the mofo, i will defo pin him down till the cops arrive and get him locked the fuc.k up!
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

I didnt know you are a tribalistic vagabond as well!

I think his mask may have slipped. If only he would come back and explain his point. lol.

MrCrackles:

Topic

M on the look out, if i see the mofo, i will defo pin him down till the cops arrive and get him locked the fuc.k up!

Haha Nice edit.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by beystwin: 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
I've always wanted to know what Dr Okokomeji looks like. And behold: there he is!

grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
geez- I just got off the phone with my cousin and she said she's not surprised- just amazed he got caught.

Seems he has a reputation back home.

Naija we have a problem!
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
tpiah:

geez- I just got off the phone with my cousin and she said she's not surprised- just amazed he got caught.

Seems he has a reputation back home.

Naija we have a problem!

Are you serious? What exactly do we know about him?
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by congoshine(m): 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
he's a qualified doctor. .  . . . . .veterinary  grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by Tats(m): 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
Check the the list for December 2008 in the link and you will see another naija guy.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by yicob(m): 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
Nah. . . .am not a bloody tribalist. I purposely posted "Yoruba" for some dopey guys. I saw them going through the thread. We had a heated exchange of conflicting views off NL on advance fee fraud and Nigeria. They argued blindly that 99% of 419ners are Igbos. I was against them and it was hard for me to give them a very lastest example. Being on the thread together was a quick way to tell them " did u remember what I told you that day ? Is this guy another Onyigbo? Fraudulence is just part of some people's life. No matter their tribe, the evil in them will always surface". The Yoruba was a shot directed to a sect. Btw, i no get tribe !
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by AloyEmeka9: 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
OMG I think I know this guy.

Is his mum late?

chei- pastor's son!!!

God help us.

I hope I'm wrong oh- he's my cousin's friend in lagos
Is he your ex boyfriend?. You don't need to add pastors son as a qualifier. Teachers, traders, imams, govs etc sons are capable of doing that. Don't use this opportunity to make outlandish remarks about christianity.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
ElRazur:

Are you serious? What exactly do we know about him?

well, I obviously dont know anything till I saw this thread.

But my cousin used to see him back in the day in good ol' Lagos. Quite clearly i was spared any details beyond what I mentioned here.

Why do I know/hear of so many kids from religious homes who ended up the opposite of religious?

Me sef if no be say my mama na scary prayer person maybe I/we for don turn to something else!
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by savanaha: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Is he your ex boyfriend?. You don't need to add pastors son as a qualifier. Teachers, traders, imams, govs etc sons are capable of doing that. Don't use this opportunity to make outlandish remarks about christianity.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
congoshine:

It is rare for police to get involve in situation like this. He must have committed serious offence, hence the police interest. He is included in the top ten of those wanted in the UK, so his crime must be pretty grime.

Mental health care aint no joking matter here, and it can be very emotive. I just hoped he hasn't bleeped up a patient's life.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

shut up, were.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by Tats(m): 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
congoshine:

He must be a Doctor of some sort since they wrote  "despite being suspended by the General Medical Council"
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by ElRazur: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2009
Tats:

He must be a Doctor of some sort since they wrote  "despite being suspended by the General Medical Council"

But then he got the job using fake papers. It begs the question, if he is really one in the first place.

I think he may have got the approval pending the checks, and then suspended for what ever reasons. He appeared to have gone to court for it and on bail - He wore a tag.
Re: Please Help Catch This Guy. by tpiah: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2009
I'm quite sure his friends are on nairaland or scouting the web for anyone trying to compromise him.

Is this linked to a wider investigation of a religious angle?

No wonder Nairaland is under scrutiny!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano / Abike Dabiri Visits Willie Obiano / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Dancing Skills (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.