Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming (6361 Views)

Web Programming Tutorial In Python. / Sumit Raj Discusses Python Web Development, Chatbot, Natural Language Processing / Learn Python- Introduction To Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by JigsawKillah(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
MuhdG:

Ohh d python is separate on its own?
Okay. How do i download it pls

www.Python org
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
MuhdG:

Ohh d python is separate on its own?
Okay. How do i download it pls
Go to www.python.org and download the 2.7 version.. Its free..

Then when you are done, you start writing codes with yo notepad, save em with a .py extension and run it on Python's shell...

Hope you have an EBook On Python.. It will help with the tutorials here..
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
Djangocode:

Go to www.python.org and download the 2.7 version.. Its free..

Then when you are done, you start writing codes with yo notepad, save em with a .py extension and run it on Python's shell...

Hope you have an EBook On Python.. It will help with the tutorials here..
I don't have ebook o.

Do u?
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
JigsawKillah:

www.Python org
Thanks jig
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Otunba4eva: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
I am happy about this tutorial. presently I consult for a software organization as a database administrator, although am an entrepreneur, but I want to start learning programming and designing my software from the start till the end. my plan is to have my software application and be on my own within the space of six months. I want to major in financial, educational and pharmaceutical softwares that could solve complex problem, and make organization work easier and faster.

Now which programming application tools is best to start with right now? Waiting to hear from the gurus
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by dejik2m: 2:11am On Dec 25, 2015
Thanks for this wonderful tutorials.

Below is the reply I got when i tried using the command prompt
"py' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Please what do you think is the problem? However, the Python 2.7.11 Shell is working.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
MuhdG:

I don't have ebook o.

Do u?
You can google "Learn python the hard way pdf free download" and start from there.. Atleast that will get you up to speed..
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Squirrel(m): 9:22am On Dec 26, 2015
@basbone: Thank you for sharing, this is much appreciated.
@here: I recommend using PyCharm, you can download a free (Community Edition) copy here http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/ and also read about it's features. One specific feature you will find invaluable is the in-built debugger.

I hope this helps someone
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Squirrel(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Otunba4eva:
I am happy about this tutorial. presently I consult for a software organization as a database administrator, although am an entrepreneur, but I want to start learning programming and designing my software from the start till the end. my plan is to have my software application and be on my own within the space of six months. I want to major in financial, educational and pharmaceutical softwares that could solve complex problem, and make organization work easier and faster.

Now which programming application tools is best to start with right now? Waiting to hear from the gurus

Hello there, this is ambitious for 6 months but not impossible. What you achieve is not so dependent on the "tool" but how you choose to use your chosen tool. There are a few skills I suggest you familiarize yourself with independent of the tool you finally choose (please note these are my personal recommendations based on experience, feel to discard if it feels too burdensome):

1. Version Control Systems e.g. Git - this keeps you orderly, tracks changes to your source code and lays the foundation for incorporating more developers into your project with minimal on-boarding effort.
2. Virtual Machines - I recommend using Vagrant. This helps you setup a re-distributable development machine that is guaranteed to be identical across team members' different computers. Essentially eliminating the problem of "the code works on my machine but doesn't work on yours"
3. Learn to Write Tests for your chosen tool - Automated tests can help you track bugs faster and save on the hours you would have spent manually looking testing your applications for bugs.

I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Panshow(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2015
Great tutorials. I'm following.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Otunba4eva: 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Squirrel:

Hello there, this is ambitious for 6 months but not impossible. What you achieve is not so dependent on the "tool" but how you choose to use your chosen tool. There are a few skills I suggest you familiarize yourself with independent of the tool you finally choose (please note these are my personal recommendations based on experience, feel to discard if it feels too burdensome):

1. Version Control Systems e.g. Git - this keeps you orderly, tracks changes to your source code and lays the foundation for incorporating more developers into your project with minimal on-boarding effort.
2. Virtual Machines - I recommend using Vagrant. This helps you setup a re-distributable development machine that is guaranteed to be identical across team members' different computers. Essentially eliminating the problem of "the code works on my machine but doesn't work on yours"
3. Learn to Write Tests for your chosen tool - Automated tests can help you track bugs faster and save on the hours you would have spent manually looking testing your applications for bugs.

Thanks the wise one, I was able to pick some points. I know I have a serious task ahead, am prepared not to leave any stone unturned.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
Djangocode:
Yeah, its ok.. Coupled with Python... I hope u ve downloaded python already(version 2.7)..
@Basbone Nice Work Sire...
thanks for helping!
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Squirrel:

thanks for helping!
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
dejik2m:
Thanks for this wonderful tutorials.

Below is the reply I got when i tried using the command prompt
"py' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Please what do you think is the problem? However, the Python 2.7.11 Shell is working.

if youve been following from the beginning, you will see where i explained on how to set up the system environment variables. However, if you installed standard python, and not the web2py python binding, then you need to set up your environment variables as ive explained at the beginning, and type: python

if it doesn't work, just use type:
C: \python27\python

if it doesnt work, let me know.....
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Next is the Dictionaries

what C# call hashtables, python call Dictionaries.
Dictionaries are very important in python because for one to access database tables, authenticated users in a session, etc, he must know python dictionaries. A dictionary is a mapping indexes to their respective values. The index comes first, followed by a colon ( : ), then the value. Dictionaries are declared using braces, for example;

names = { 1 : 'mich', 2 : 'basbone', 3 : 'joe' }

thus, you can only access the names via their indexes, i.e;

print names[1]

will print 'mich' , and it goes on like that for the rest of the elements.

On a final note, you can ONLY access each of the elements by their indexes, not the other way round.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Introduction to python statements:

python comes with control statements that directs program logic and flow:

NOTE: most c-based languages uses braces to delimit a control block, but python uses indentation, thus, i will advice you use backspace for indentation, i.e, use indentation ( i advice 4 punches of the backspace key) to show a control block, else python will complain of an indentation error.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
The if statement:

Analogy
if it rained today, i will not go to the market.

so how do you write this in python?? Well its simple -

rain = False
if rain== True:
print "i will not go to market"

what if the analogy says:

if it rain today, i will not go to the market, but if it does not rain today, i will go to the market.

Gush! This is a complex sentence, how do we write this in python??

You see, english language is an ambigious language that gives coders and software enginners headache (caffeine addicted) to say the least. So, we must understand the problem so as not to bring bugs into our programs, which are difficult to find.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
Algorithm to the rescue:

algorithm is a step by step unambigious process of solving a problem within a finite set of time.

So how do we apply algorithm to the above problem

Now, there are two conditions in the above statement:

1. if it rain, and;

2. if it does not rain.

This is a boolean expression involving either true or false.

So since its not raining yet;

raining = False

now, here is the solution;

raining = False

test = int( raw_input("is it raining? Type (0 or 1) " ) )

if test == 0:
raining=True
print raining, "i am not going to market"
elif test==1:
raining=False
print raining, "ok. I am going to market"

open your notepad++, type it and run.

This introduced you to algorithm development, type conversion and how to apply logic in designing programs.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Looping:

While loop:

in while loop, we must first initialize a starting point, you can't just meet your friend and tell him, "while i ride to the road, clap for me." thats illogical! What are you riding, where are you starting your ride Thats one lovely thing about programming, it makes you think sensibly! So before you are riding, you must start from somewhere......

So i will say,

my_start = 1
road = 10
while my_start < road:
print "i am clapping for you"

mind you, it will run to infinity......
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
basbone:

thanks for helping!

U Welcome bro..
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by mrcobuh: 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
JigsawKillah:

I have Python 3.3 installed already
Won't that do the job? Only 2.7 can?

Each item on this list cost just ₦500 and that is fair

Videos

Android App Programming
IOS App Programming
Codeigniter
C++ Programming from beginner to advanced
C# Programming from beginner to advanced
Java Programming from beginner to advanced
Hacking Tips
HTML5 and CSS3
Learning Responsive Web Design
ASP.NET
Php & Mysql from beginner to advanced
Javascript
XHTML and CSS
XML
JSON
AJAX
jQuery
Wordpress essential training

Ecommerce Videos
Wordpress woocommerce
Magento
Opencart

Others
Each in this category cost 1200
All about SEO and marketing
60 premium Joomla Themes
170 Joomla Templates
Tutorialpoint offline
W3Schools offline
237 Wordpress Themes + 22 Wordpress plugins + 150 woocommerce plugins
Ciscos materials
Google Adsence and blogging video
laptop repair videos

Call 08032680291 to negotiate now
There is a discount if you buy more than 8

Collection Points
Berger, lagos State
Akute and Sagamu, Ogun state
Any Bus Stop of your choice
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Squirrel(m): 3:39am On Jan 01, 2016
@basbone @Djangocode @AnyoneElse: Can we create a Github or Bitbucket repository for these tutorials? I think it'd be great if we can document all this knowledge somewhere.

Effectively, we would be teaching people how to use Git, Python (Flask, Django, e.t.c) and whatever else is relevant to software development. I have a repo already which I'm using for a more general tutorial on Software Development but I recommend @basbone creates the repo for this since he/she initiated this thread and the rest of us can contribute via Pull Requests.

Thoughts?
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Squirrel:
@basbone @Djangocode @AnyoneElse: Can we create a Github or Bitbucket repository for these tutorials? I think it'd be great if we can document all this knowledge somewhere.

Effectively, we would be teaching people how to use Git, Python (Flask, Django, e.t.c) and whatever else is relevant to software development. I have a repo already which I'm using for a more general tutorial on Software Development but I recommend @basbone creates the repo for this since he/she initiated this thread and the rest of us can contribute via Pull Requests.

Thoughts?

Nice idea tho.. Buh I think learning Git or Using it might lead to another tutorial especially for newbies like me..
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Squirrel(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Djangocode:

Nice idea tho.. Buh I think learning Git or Using it might lead to another tutorial especially for newbies like me..

I'd be happy to walk you through but you can start from here https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/

1 Like

Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
Squirrel:

I'd be happy to walk you through but you can start from here https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/
Thanks Brov.. I really appreciate..
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Corussa1(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2016
Thanks. This tutorial is really helpful. I learnt python half way. Thanks to your post i found what i was looking for. unlike C++, Python make most things easier and is the best recommendation to learn for Hacking.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by Corussa1(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2016
BUH to make this easier You can just easily create a mini website to tutor. As a programmer it won't bother you
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by umaryusuf(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
I just came across this thread, nice to see.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by JigsawKillah(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy new year to you, Mr Basbone and all followers of this thread
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by F22RAPTOR(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
this is great work, really simplified, weldone.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by cristofa: 2:18am On Jan 09, 2016
Squirrel:

Thoughts?

Hey what a great idea this is! Can you repo link be dropped here and some way to contact you. Thank you please.
Re: Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming by sinkhole: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2016
basbone:
(* Make sure your unzipped web2py folder is in C: \ i.e C: \web2py).

Now click on Start, in the empty text box where the cursor is blinking, type 'system environments' without the quotes, you'll see option for 'edit the system environment variables'. Click on it. The system properties box will pop up, click on 'environment variables'. When the pop up opens, check on your system variables, you will see 'path' or 'PATH', double click on it. Then add this at the end of the variable value:

C: \web2py\;C: \web2py\scripts

with no spaces, click ok, ok, ok to close all boxes.

Now, open a command prompt, change your directory to C: \ by typing this:

cd C: \

once its in C i.e ' C: \> ' without quotes then type ' py '. It should be like this:

C: \>py

if it displays some something like this:

python 2.7.9 blah blah
>>>

then it means the python shell is running, and guess what??!!

You have passed the first test!!

Now.....take your time get a glass of water and gently take a sip. You deserve it. Brb.
Hey guys, this is great! I decided to try this tutorial today. But after installing web2py, I followed( or think I followed) the instructions up to the quoted above, but when I tried typing 'C:\>py' I got an error and I felt so bad grin Then I went into the web2py folder on the C drive and double clicked on the 'py.exe' and voala, it worked, then I tried changing directory to C and to web2py (i.e., 'cd C' and 'cd web2py' before I could directly run the py command from the window C-prompt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working Or Looking For Foreign Remote Software Developer Job As A Nigerian? / Nigeria Sucks On Programming. / Shoplog V2.3 (Inclusion of license fee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.