Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1938 Views)

Akin Alabi Blasts Adeboye Over Comment On Type Of People To Marry / Are Yoruba Christians Really Dropping In Number To Islamization? / Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Re: . by Oluwaseytiano(m): 3:53am On Dec 27, 2015
By any chance, are you Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: . by God2man(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2015
Oluwaseytiano:
By any chance, are you Yoruba?

I wonder ( O ya mi l 'enu)

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 27, 2015
From the translation she is damn right! You wan go hell?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2015
I thought Tope Alabi was going to hell for makeup undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: . by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: . by humanbeing4th: 12:04am On Dec 28, 2015
Avoidhellfire:

I don't know if Tope Alabi is going to hell for makeup but i know that some cult members visited the funeral of her so called spiritual father, the late pastor Ajanaku.
ori e ope, i wont say more dan dat
Re: . by gabriellaleo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ode ni e oo @ avoidhellfire. She said ot is beat for you not to be born dan you coming to this world and end in hellfire. You be real fooool

1 Like

Re: . by Oluwaseytiano(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
Avoidhellfire:

No I am not Yoruba, I am a Fulani man that likes translating Yoruba to English. Of course I am from the so called Yoruba tribe and I have just exposed the deceit of Tope Alabi.
den you are an ajebutter youruba. your translation is way off
Re: . by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
I really hate it when i see religionists trying to defend themselves or there god with abusive words. I'm not saying the op is right with his translation but at least, yu can engage without insults.

C'mon, Don't be a thug for your god!!!
Re: . by dsquare33: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Avoidhellfire:
I am sure most Yoruba Christians like Tope Alabi but you need to examine what a singer is saying instead of just falling in love with the gentleness and melody of her songs. The track “Opin Irin Ajo” is in the album Angeli Mi and there is a point on the track where Tope Alabi said and I quote ”Jesu ti wa saye lati ku fun emi ati iwo, ore ma se ko ife Jesu yi o, nitiori o san fun eniyan la ti ma waye rara jupe kopada si orun apadi lo” This translates to “ Jesus has come to the earth to die for me and you, friend, don’t reject this love of Jesus because it is better for a person not to have come to the earth than for that person to return to hell” Can you spot the lie in this sentence? The lie is that Tope Alabi lied that a person can go to hell, return to the earth and return to heaven. What she should have said is this ”Jesu ti wa saye lati ku fun emi ati iwo, ore ma se ko ife Jesu yi o, nitiori o san fun eniyan la ti ma waye rara jupe ko lo si orun apadi lo” This translates to “ Jesus has come to the earth to die for me and you, friend don’t reject this love of Jesus because it is better for a person not to have come to the earth than for that person to GO to hell”. I doubt that this was a lyrical mistake by Tope Alabi instead I believe she is trying mix Christianity with occult spiritualism in order to lure unsuspecting Christians into believing that a person can go to hell, reincarnate to the earth and go back to heaven. Please don’t be deceived, reincarnation is not from God, any religion that claims reincarnation is from the devil. You only live once and you go to heaven or hell after your life on earth. Once you are in hell you cannot repent or return to earth.
Tope Alabi song's and her life style is controversial at times. I remember, when ask by one journlist in one of the dailies what was the expenive item she ever own she said her weavon, I just said here we go again, because as christian am not saying one should not have good things but for a christIan to say weave on, that is vain. Then her relationship with the late Ajanaku, is something else,not to talk of some words she pronounces when she is singing on stage. She could have been called by God who knows. One thing christians don't know is that for the mere fact that a person sings using the name of Christ doesn't mean he has been called of God, no wonder some songs doesn't 'minister life' anymore as for fake pastors so you have fake christian singers.
Re: . by yvesboss(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
OP...kelechukwu clap for your sef...weldone...

I will come baq to coment when you sing your songs and it win souls to christ.
Re: . by yvesboss(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
dsquare33:
Tope Alabi song's and her life style is controversial at times. I remember, when ask by one journlist in one of the dailies what was the expenive item she ever own she said her weavon, I just said here we go again, because as christian am not saying one should not have good things but for a christIan to say weave on, that is vain. Then her relationship with the late Ajanaku, is something else,not to talk of some words she pronounces when she is singing on stage. She could have been called by God who knows. One thing christians don't know is that for the mere fact that a person sings using the name of Christ doesn't mean he has been called of God, no wonder some songs doesn't 'minister life' anymore as for fake pastors so you have fake christian singers.

Now whats yur point....guess you want to seat with Jehovah on the judgement day to judge right?

Clap for yourself...WELDONE.
Re: . by enm(m): 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Walai ta lai all of una funny.

Simple correction wey una for do una turn am into insult. That's un christian of us. God forgive us and bless us all in jesus name. Amen
Re: . by Vasgas: 7:45am On Dec 29, 2015
gabriellaleo:
Ode ni e oo @ avoidhellfire. She said ot is beat for you not to be born dan you coming to this world and end in hellfire. You be real fooool
that what she means.
Thanks my bro
Re: . by paulGrundy(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2015
Avoidhellfire:
I am sure most Yoruba Christians like Tope Alabi but you need to examine what a singer is saying instead of just falling in love with the gentleness and melody of her songs. The track “Opin Irin Ajo” is in the album Angeli Mi and there is a point on the track where Tope Alabi said and I quote ”Jesu ti wa saye lati ku fun emi ati iwo, ore ma se ko ife Jesu yi o, nitiori o san fun eniyan la ti ma waye rara jupe kopada si orun apadi lo” This translates to “ Jesus has come to the earth to die for me and you, friend, don’t reject this love of Jesus because it is better for a person not to have come to the earth than for that person to return to hell” Can you spot the lie in this sentence? The lie is that Tope Alabi lied that a person can go to hell, return to the earth and return to heaven. What she should have said is this ”Jesu ti wa saye lati ku fun emi ati iwo, ore ma se ko ife Jesu yi o, nitiori o san fun eniyan la ti ma waye rara jupe ko lo si orun apadi lo” This translates to “ Jesus has come to the earth to die for me and you, friend don’t reject this love of Jesus because it is better for a person not to have come to the earth than for that person to GO to hell”. I doubt that this was a lyrical mistake by Tope Alabi instead I believe she is trying mix Christianity with occult spiritualism in order to lure unsuspecting Christians into believing that a person can go to hell, reincarnate to the earth and go back to heaven. Please don’t be deceived, reincarnation is not from God, any religion that claims reincarnation is from the devil. You only live once and you go to heaven or hell after your life on earth. Once you are in hell you cannot repent or return to earth.

You just deliberately misinterpreted her lyrics. Hell she used in that context implies the grave or "sheol".
Some pentecostals teach that after Jesus died on the cross, he descended into hell, and released captives. Eph 4:7-10, ps 68:10, matt 27:51-52.

I guess you have a personal stake in this, maybe you are looking for frontpage attention or you are a jealous competitor.
Re: . by dsquare33: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2015
yvesboss:

Now whats yur point....guess you want to seat with Jehovah on the judgement day to judge right?

Clap for yourself...WELDONE.
I am not judging her because I am not God, Maybe you didn't read my post.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: . by lizbethayo1: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2016
Avoidhellfire:

If she meant what you claim why didn't she just say "lo si orun apadi “why did she say "PADA lo si orun apadi". TO ALL NAIRALANDERS, IF TOPE ALABI MEANT GO TO HELL WHY DIDN’T SHE SAY “GO TO HELL”? WHY DID SHE HAVE TO SAY “RETURN TO HELL”? You Yoruba false Christians believe you can mix your “Awo” with Christianity in order to deceive. Are we in primary 1 or are we little children in kindergarten? We are grown adults here and when somebody says “pada lo si orun apadi she definitely intended to deceive. When she was writing her lyrics how hard was it for her to write lo si orun apadi? Why must she write pada lo si orun apadi. You think I am a small boy that I won’t know she is trying to deceive. you are the fool. “iwo gan gan ni ode”
pada losi orun apadi can b transalated in different ways
1)it myt means later go to hell
2.)it myt means return to hell..
lets tink well pls..we are nt to judge any1
Re: . by sainttwist1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
hmmm, christians!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Point: Provoking Family Fruitfulness By Rev Ntia I. Ntia / 'A Gift Of Egg In The Dream' / Mysterious Tortoise, Should I Kill It Or Let It Go? (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.