Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php (14374 Views)

Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Angular, UI/UX And PHP Developer Wanted- Remuneration Up To ₦250,000 Monthly / Angular, Node And PHP Developer Wanted- Remuneration Up To ₦250,000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by obembet(f): 7:37am On Feb 14, 2017
One is snake, the second one is.. Please remind me
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by chiwex(m): 7:44am On Feb 14, 2017
coderoflife:
[quotyr=Adesege post=41404000]Python is a high level programming language. You should also know that php was derived from python

Hmmm seriously

fake answer

1 Like

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Snowstorm: 7:47am On Feb 14, 2017
www.google.com
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Snwokenk: 7:57am On Feb 14, 2017
Php is specifically for the web. Python is a general purpose language with many uses. I'm currently programming trading scripts with python
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by OlujobaSamuel: 8:14am On Feb 14, 2017
all this tech terms sef, i was looking forward to know which breed of snake is called PHP, not knowing sey Python na computer tinz here and not an animal. you for put am for title na.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by NevetsIbot(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2017
ya had to just awake my curiousity sha... Now i'll spend d next three days researching python nd php
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2017
Adesege:
Python is a high level programming language. You should also know that php was derived from python

Wrong.

PHP was derived from Perl. Python came from C directly. Get your facts right.

Edit :Both came from the C family language, but as it stands it's a modification of Perl

Read further
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-comparison-between-PHP-and-Perl

Now python
https://www.quora.com/What-is-Python-written-in

And this also
http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/20988/why-is-python-written-in-c-and-not-in-c
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2017
PHP is made for human beings,
PYTHON is made for snakes.
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by laykhorn(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Okay,

PHP is just for the Web and its quite rigid with data. But Python see below

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Cannonleo(m): 8:45am On Feb 14, 2017
Python is a high level programming language used on blast model propagation and AI etc while php is derived from python and is used in creating interactive web imprints and web based system .

Php is limited
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Dolypson04(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
PHP as a programming language is made for the web.

Python (Numpy as I love to call it) is used for lots of stuff including websites, games, dispersion modelling, explosion/blast propagation models etc.

I learnt Python but not PHP. It is almost easy and suitable for everything I need modelling applications for. At first I wondered what the hell I needed Python for having been exposed in the past to old BASIC, FORTRAN, etc. Python's adaptability is just sufficient for me for now as a HSE Engineer.
I fancy learning too. Can you help me pls?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 14, 2017
Dolypson04:

I fancy learning too. Can you help me pls?
Lots of resources on the internet for free. Only you can help yourself to be a programmer. Teaching yourself (with videos, internet fora and books) is the most effective means. If you think you'll need a person to get you started and you are a graduate who lives in Lagos, visit www.codelagos.org and apply to be a facilitator, you'll get some intensive training sponsored by the Lagos State government and you'll get to teach whatever you are taught while you meet with professional who'll point you in the right direction.
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by talk2hb1(m): 10:01am On Feb 14, 2017
I was wondering what a programmibg topic doing on frontpage until I obswrved it was posted in the webmaster section
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 14, 2017
Ask Gigi..

Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by CoolFlexer: 10:42am On Feb 14, 2017
Can anyone who understands python well enough organise highly discounted training sessions for a few Nairalanders in Lagos? Consider me your first candidate. I'm sure we can get a good Samaritan to provide a venue at no cost. Contact me on 08035011173
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Snwokenk: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
If you're looking to learn, learn python. Like i said earlier. I have python scripts/program/bots that request bitcoin trade data from okcoin, btcc, bitfinex exchanges. These scripts then computes the total buys/sells for a specific time period.
For example looking at my script, i can see how many buying trades vs selling trades have been done since (12 am USA est) im working on building more scripts for other big exchanges especially huobi, bitstamp, gdax(coinbase exchange). Once this is done I'll be able to see the flow of probably 90% of bitcoins.

Ive done all this within 2 MONTHS OF LEARNING python. It's a very easy language to learn and start.
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by Dolypson04(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
1supremo:
Lots of resources on the internet for free. Only you can help yourself to be a programmer. Teaching yourself (with videos, internet fora and books) is the most effective means. If you think you'll need a person to get you started and you are a graduate who lives in Lagos, visit www.codelagos.org and apply to be a facilitator, you'll get some intensive training sponsored by the Lagos State government and you'll get to teach whatever you are taught while you meet with professional who'll point you in the right direction.
Thanks A Lot
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by cbrass(m): 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
all this tech terms sef, i was looking forward to know which breed of snake is called PHP, not knowing sey Python na computer tinz here and not an animal. you for put am for title na.

Ahahahah bro u funny o. PHP snake keh? grin
Re: What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php by ehinorlive: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
python programming language can be used to build a website, desktop application, android application, hack and other stuff but php can only be used to build or develop a website.

there is no need to compare python with php: php is entirely build for website development alone while python extension (Django) is used for website development. and the rest of python is for other programming task not for web.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? / Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.