Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Functional Programming In Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Functional Programming In Javascript (1175 Views)

Functional Programming, Erlang And Elixir - A Brief Primer / Functional Programming Is Fun With Elixir / Functional Programming. The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Functional Programming In Javascript by clevadani: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hey guys, started programming in javascript and came across functional programming. It seems cool but most of the materials I see online are kinda technical for me to fully understand the concepts. Would really appreciate any resource you can help me with to understand it better. Would really appreciate anyone who puts me through. Thanks.
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by jacob05(m): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by clevadani: 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
jacob05:
This ??
http://eloquentjavascript.net/1st_edition/chapter6.html
tried reading the chapter,got confused
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by jacob05(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
clevadani:

tried reading the chapter,got confused

what got you confused ??
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by bizycodin: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2015
Have you ever done any other type of programming nay be object oriented or procedural ?If not, then I think you just have to stay at it. That's the way it will seem initially. all you need to do is just stay glued to it. re-read, research and practise. Welcome to our world!!
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by Borwe: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm, don't know why people say this functional programming is going to take over... Seems to me just like the way Ruby started, eventually becoming shit. All his new programming languages still don't beat c++ and Java in speed, and uses. It all seems like hype to me.
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by AyeshS: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
I suggest you start reading about AngularJS.
Re: Functional Programming In Javascript by jacob05(m): 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
AyeshS:
I suggest you start reading about AngularJS.

shocked shocked shocked shocked... Don't oooo... Or you'd even get more confused

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Find An Investor For Startup Businesses / Android Programmer Wanted / Any CIW Certified Webmaster Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.