Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Getting Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting Interviews (1741 Views)

Do You Know Your CV Might Be The Reason Why You Are Not Getting Interviews? / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Interviews by Olaleen(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2015
Hi,I've been finding it difficult getting interviews. I've sent my to cvs to different companies,applied to companies on careers24,jobberman and the likes.Plus I've read and re-edited my cv thinking it might be the problem,but it is still the same.
What do I do pls?
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Relax! It's a Phase in the Job Hunting Process that will surely come to Pass. Experienced same thing too. Had a dry-spell for over a month and was tempted to think my CV was the Problem, just then, the invites started coming almost on a Weekly Basis.

1 Like

Re: Getting Interviews by Olaleen(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2015
DonUjay:
Relax! It's a Phase in the Job Hunting Process that will surely come to Pass. Experienced same thing too. Had a dry-spell for over a month and was tempted to think my CV was the Problem, just then, the invites started coming almost on a Weekly Basis.
thanks
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2015
Olaleen:
Hi,I've been finding it difficult getting interviews. I've sent my to cvs to different companies,applied to companies on careers24,jobberman and the likes.Plus I've read and re-edited my cv thinking it might be the problem,but it is still the same.
What do I do pls?
Prayers my dear

1 Like

Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2015
zerray:
Prayers my dear
Hehe Ms Zerray, I'm watching you in 3D
Re: Getting Interviews by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2015
DonUjay:

I experienced such too
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2015
TheSlyone:

Hehe Ms Zerray, I'm watching you in 3D
grin grin grin monitoring spirit
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2015
zerray:
grin grin grin monitoring spirit
Yeah, how are you dear. Hope you were able to get the info you sought for on UK thingy
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2015
TheSlyone:

Yeah, how are you dear. Hope you were able to get the info you sought for on UK thingy
no Oo I hvnt o
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2015
zerray:
no Oo I hvnt o
You weren't so explicit. I couldn't get your point myself. Did you apply for job with them?
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2015
TheSlyone:

You weren't so explicit. I couldn't get your point myself. Did you apply for job with them?
ill send u a mail
Re: Getting Interviews by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2015
zerray:
ill send u a mail
Alright dear
Re: Getting Interviews by Nlevel(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
ambassadorgozie:

I experienced such too
is that a solution to the problem?
Re: Getting Interviews by forwardvent(m): 5:52am On Dec 30, 2015
I understand how frustrating it can be no to get any call for an interview after several job applications. I have this few ideas to suggest to you and I'm sure they will help you to get invitation for interview.

1. You can submit your CV online for evaluation. Jobberman and YouthHubAfrica helped me to evaluate my CV free and it really improved my CV. You can submit yours to Jobberman through this link http://mobile./topcv

2. When you want to forward your CV to any Company HR, ensure you type your cover letter in the mail text box. Don't just attach your CV to an empty mail and send. Ensure your CV is in doc/docx format and is created with the Microsoft Word 10 or 13. Your cover letter should be brife and summarize what you have in your CV.

3. Ensure you apply directly on the company's website, not true Jobberman, Career24 or any other job website. Applications on job websites don't usually get to the company HR. You can Google the company name to get the company's website address.

4. Have a category of job you will like to apply for. Don't just apply for any job you see online. Always read the job description and requirements to see if you meet up.

5. Prayer to God over the applications you made. You will not only get calls for interview but also secure a good job.

1 Like

Re: Getting Interviews by iphiy(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
forwardvent:
I understand how frustrating it can be no to get any call for an interview after several job applications. I have this few ideas to suggest to you and I'm sure they will help you to get invitation for interview.

1. You can submit your CV online for evaluation. Jobberman and YouthHubAfrica helped me to evaluate my CV free and it really improved my CV. You can submit yours to Jobberman through this link http://mobile./topcv

2. When you want to forward your CV to any Company HR, ensure you type your cover letter in the mail text box. Don't just attach your CV to an empty mail and send. Ensure your CV is in doc/docx format and is created with the Microsoft Word 10 or 13. Your cover letter should be brife and summarize what you have in your CV.

3. Ensure you apply directly on the company's website, not true Jobberman, Career24 or any other job website. Applications on job websites don't usually get to the company HR. You can Google the company name to get the company's website address.

4. Have a category of job you will like to apply for. Don't just apply for any job you see online. Always read the job description and requirements to see if you meet up.

5. Prayer to God over the applications you made. You will not only get calls for interview but also secure a good job.
What if the cover letter is also in word format. I.e. Sending CV and cover letter as attachment?
Re: Getting Interviews by forwardvent(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
iphiy:

What if the cover letter is also in word format. I.e. Sending CV and cover letter as attachment?
I think it better when you type it in the mail and not as attachment. HR Team don't spend time reading applicant CVs due to the volume of CV they receive. Your cover letter makes your CV interesting and persuade the HR Team to carefully review yours.

1 Like

Re: Getting Interviews by Olaleen(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
forwardvent:

thanks a lot,you've been really helpful

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment At Mactay Group / Interview Invite / For Those Who Are Yet To Register For N-power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.