Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers (20384 Views)

Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. / My Yuletide Message To Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by LaurelP(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good evening everyone and Happy New Year.

I'm gonna be sharing a few tips on how to effectively prepare for an interview here in Nigeria. Like we might already know, there are gazillions of information on the internet regarding interviews. It's good if you want to consult them, and I encourage you to. Find out what works for you and follow it.

But here, I am going to be sharing some "unconventional" methods I use when preparing for my own interviews. It might not be new anyway, some people might have been using them so, you may just scroll pass if its of no use to you.

I'm doing this mainly for those who are new or inexperienced in the labor market, or those who still have butterflies when they get interview invites. It's my new year gift to them lol.. wink

So here I'm gonna be detailing the steps I take whenever I get that invite, to ensure it eventually comes out successful. Atimes it doesn't, most times it does. The most important thing is to always be prepared,for you know not when HR will come calling lol. cheesy

My Igbo people say "mberede nyiri dike, ma mberede keji ama dike". Someone should translate that to English. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by LaurelP(m): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
Immediately I receive that much awaited alert for an interview, the first thing I do is to copy and paste the name of the company on Google.

Immediately I click search, loads of information about the company pops up. Oh don't I just love Google? Very loaded. Even the vacancy advert shows up including the company website, blogs, publications etc. From here, I am able to determine the authenticity or otherwise of the invite. I visit the company website and read up and jot down all vital information like their products, services, mission, core values etc.

Worthy of mention also is that Google will direct me straight to Nairaland, Yes. If it doesn't, I will just add "Nigeria" to the company name and voila, Nairaland must show.
From here I will read up all the threads created in the name of that company. You know Nairaland is fantastic when it comes to interview preparation. Here I will get to know:

How the company conducts their interview.
Questions they usually ask.
Their remuneration.
Testimony of people who have been interviewed there before.
Possibly get first hand information from past or present staff of the company.
You might even get to know the person that will be interviewing you.
And the list goes on and on. As am reading, I am jotting down vital information.

So from here, I've used one stone to kill two birds. I've unravelled the authenticity of the invite, and I've read up on what other people know, think and say about the company.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by wizzy89(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ehen??!! Oya continue *in patience's voice* grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 06, 2016
Make I spread mat mehnnnnn!

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by looseweight: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Please, keep it coming...

Nairaland is becoming a way of life to Nigerian youths. Bravo Mr nairaland CEO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by islandmoon: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2016
unlike those who harly prepare! they just walks in and say i have a letter from my runaway uncle Obanikoro! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Omotayor123(f): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2016
OP... Well done. Interviews should be prepared for even if your father is the CEO.

He who fail to plan, plan to fail.

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by TheNextAce: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 06, 2016
Following
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by etcme(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2016
Good write up... But have you landed yourself any job with these? If you havn't, by reason of you sharing this information here, before the end of February, CEO shall come begging you to work for them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Jobsdome: 8:36am On Jan 06, 2016
Good tips
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Ochife(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2016
nice one
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by timilehing(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by badassProdigy(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2016
I'm with U pls
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Cetona(f): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2016
Following smiley. I must learn all there is to learn before I graduate, Lol.
Thanks for sharing
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by legenddimex(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by sunday478(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one. This is helpful
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Franchise21(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2016
OK. Lemme read
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by miqos02(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by fabulousmann(f): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2016
yes?
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by jerryjere(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice information, maybe i learn from it.
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Adonike(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
What of those dat don't have money to buy internet enable phones, can't afford #100 for cafe and needs to land their dream job?
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by drizzydrag(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by aboto49(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2016
Waitn
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by legenddimex(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Great
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by centyboy: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Vanity Upon Vanity... cry
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by Kreamie(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Awesome!
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by jerryjere(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice information, maybe i learned from it.
Re: How I Prepare For My Interviews. A Lesson To Job Seekers by lilkudos(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Nairaland is sure the Google of Nigeria and in a better way.. Cause you'll have room to ask questions you don't understand and get the answers immediately..

#f** Facebook and other dumb social networks that doesn't promote good!!

#fan of nairaland... kiss kiss

# maybe they should create a live chat forum

#real_kudos

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job / Unicef Technical Test / N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.