Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,021 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops (6148 Views)

{poem}: To The God Of Oratory / The Man, The Hero - A Poem To Celebrate The Menfolk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Noblefellow: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2016
This is a poem written to honor our soldiers, those who gave their lives for us. It is never an easy thing to willingly die. Let us pay our respects and show support for them by passing this on until it reaches Defense HQ. Written by: Ohanyere Uzochukwu (Titled- Combatant)

I was taught to fight for what I believe in
And that led to my first sin
All my life’s problems were solved with fists
I always caused a scene, until it became a besetting sin
Finally I joined the infantry, where I most felt at home
I come from a people strong and proud, a glorious heritage
There will always be guys like me from age-to-age
For my people, those gone before us
There will be more of us, fighting and fighting
Instead of you, let it be me
My life I dedicated, since I will die, inevitably
When I’m gone, let them remember
Someone else was free, someone else not me
In the end we all die alone
But we boys die alone, together.

I am a soldier and I pay the ultimate sacrifice
Sua sponte which is of my own accord
I pay that which most cannot afford
I give my tomorrow for your today
In the way that I die, I have no say
While your children are counting ABC’s
I’m counting MIA’s
Another day fighting, another one closer to death day
I got my posting letter today, I’ve been sent to the field
Bullets whiz past me as I take cover
I look ahead and see my brothers falling
I look to the enemy, they are winning
They are smiling
This ends now
I run out shooting at them, a gun in each hand
They will not kill another one of my brothers
I see their images dropping, they don’t know what my image is
I promised to fight for every soul our enemies harm
Then it hit me, the first one
I carry on shooting, my bullets finish
The second one
I bring out my side arm
3,4,5 I keep firing until I feel my strength draining
I drop to my knees and think
Someone should gain because of my pain
The lights fade slowly as I see a pistol near my face
He then mercifully gives me a coup de grace.

The world is a little poorer
For a soldier died today
The soldiers cause
Is to clean up the mess politicians cause
When a politician dies, his body lies in state
The press tells of his exploits from when he was young
A soldier’s death always goes unsung
Dying on foreign shores, fighting other peoples wars
Those who survived are forever scarred
Permanently, emotionally, physically marred
You are free because of a soldier because he is bold
Please remember him even when you are old
Every day I give my total, unflinching admiration
To those who fought to defend our nation.

This poem was inspired by the needless death of our terrifyingly brave soldiers, please pass this on till it goes round the country and encourages our military to fight on. Let's make this trend.
Please move this post to Frontpage @ moderators

41 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Tocheagle(m): 1:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Touching . I see these as a training phase . Nigeria will be greater because of these

2 Likes

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Leobrain(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Capnd143(m): 9:56am On Jan 11, 2016
kudos.... lalasticlala
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Demmocrats(m): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2016
I take a bow to the OP/Writer and to our gallant soldiers, a big standing ovation.

You guys are the best.

Thank you!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Seanixking: 10:03am On Jan 11, 2016
We Miss Home Cos We Protect Homes.
#WeAreSoldier
#PrayForUs

3 Likes

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Smartsyn(m): 10:05am On Jan 11, 2016
Nice one

Op thanks for your little contribution towards fighting insurgency in this country

1 Like

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by theplushist: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2016
My favourite line- I pay that which others can afford.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by braine(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2016
Nice.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Dahveydson(m): 10:08am On Jan 11, 2016
Good Poem, but most of the lines were copied from MI's Ashes and some other songs.

In a bid to do something good, let's try not add any grain of bad. Be creative and original.

God Bless Nigeria and God Bless Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Lakuje4power(m): 10:11am On Jan 11, 2016
Good one coming from OP. Kudos to our gallant men out there on the field.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by SOPIGO: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2016
Good one
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by discusant: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2016
If you had written a poem advising the sharia states to renounce the adoption of Sharia criminal laws.....
Boko Haram says it's fighting for a country governed with sharia criminal laws.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by ultrazone(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by eromzee(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2016
Wow nice 1,pray dat God in heaven guide and keep dem and also their families and also their efforts will never be in vain bless u all.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 11, 2016
cool..... i love this poem.

1 Like

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Raymondreigns(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2016
Good 0ne
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Olakunle007(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Nice one!
"My life I dedicated, since I will die, inevitably"

Mind having you on Whatapp?
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by dwilliams: 10:42am On Jan 11, 2016
what greater love has a man,than to lay down his life for his brethrens, ride on Na, victory is from God alone, I will be joining U guys soon

1 Like

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by KORLAR(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Well written poem. Nice one
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Bigdreams(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Thanks for the poem!

Download this FREE REPORT on How To Start Bulk SMS Business Successfully & Make Consistent Money For Life!
www.targetedsms247.com/freereport
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by jane0000(f): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2016
I just couldn't hold my tears embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by sylviaeo(f): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Dahveydson:
Good Poem, but most of the lines were copied from MI's Ashes and some other songs.

In a bid to do something good, let's try not add any grain of bad. Be creative and original.

Please I would love to c u being creative. Please show us wat u got. r u even certain dat MI didn't get dat line from somewhere. over sabi husband
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Dahveydson(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2016
sylviaeo:
Please I would love to c u being creative. Please show us wat u got. r u even certain dat MI didn't get dat line from somewhere. over sabi husband

Ok.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by hertheytheydgee(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2016
Hi
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Canme4u(m): 11:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Nice one OP.

May Almighty Allah be with our Soldiers AMEN.

RIP to fallen heros.

1 Like

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by UyiIredia(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Canme4u:
Nice one OP.
RIP to fallen heros.
Well said, Amin brother.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by UyiIredia(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Canme4u:
Nice one OP.
RIP to fallen heros.
Well said, Amin brother.

1 Like

Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dahveydson:

He copied to educate. He uses things around us to educate us, that's creativity. Nobody ever does that and that makes it original. Out of the known comes something new. You can criticize him to eternity, he has done marvelously marvelous.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Dahveydson(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
dapipson:
He copied to educate. He uses things around us to educate us, that's creativity. Nobody ever does that and that makes it original. Out of the known comes something new. You can criticize him to eternity, he has done marvelously marvelous.

I said 'Good poem' before I launched into criticism. I guess plagiarism is an alien word to you.
Re: Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dahveydson:

I said 'Good poem' before I launched into criticism. I guess plagiarism is an alien word to you.
Critics like you will rarely appreciate good things in others since that's your definition of plagiarism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poems In Yoruba / My Poem / A Sense Of Decency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.