Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

How To Make Your Forms Work - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make Your Forms Work (1442 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Nigerian Sites And The Lack Of Contact Forms / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2009
Inspiragh.com is back and better Www.inspiragh.com , log on and give ur personality and business higher credibility, with a world class website design with unbelievable incentives, for full tutorial on how u can get ur forms work www.inspiragh.com/makeformswork
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2009
How can you claim to know how forms work when:

1) The form on your contact form page doesn't validate
2) When I hit the "submit" button, my outlook pulls up, with the following (mostly blank) fields:
fullname=
location=
phone=
site type=
description=
logo=
site type2=
select=primary
Submit=Submit

Don't take it the wrong way. I am just curious.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2009
inspiragh:

Inspiragh.com is back and better Www.inspiragh.com , log on and give ur personality and business higher credibility, with a world class website design with unbelievable incentives, for full tutorial on how u can get ur forms work www.inspiragh.com/makeformswork

wow, this guy just owned himself. Now its coming up with error page 404, so I think he has removed the page, sorry, but this is just the wrong place to come, because they will tear you to tiny pieces if you get it wrong, especially when you say things like that.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2009
oh now it works smiley
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by nitation(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
what can I say, our senior prefect don yarn

Did I just say that -> ha ba nitation

- nitation
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
Err, OPe OP, all i can say is that: charity begins at home!
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hello guys, i just felt like using the action mail to, looks like u guys like it not, i'll change it to email straight to my email b/c most nigerians don't even know how to configure and use outlook, i'll tell u wen i'm done
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by TechPros(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tech Pros:
I am seeing this your new "signature" all over the place. Are you beginning a trend? tongue

Inspiragh:
I don't think it is a matter of what we like or don't like or whether or not we can configure outlook but what the standard is - a web form that is accessible to and by all. Coming to think of it, please help me answer the following questions:

1) how many people in Nigeria browse the web from a place other than a cybercafe?
2) do those who use a cybercafe have the ability to bypass admin rights and configure outlook?

Again, code to web standards unless of course you are working on an intranet app.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
yo yo yo yall, chill brothers

it's all good my little stunt worked i wanted to know how responsive nairaland is,

http://www.inspiragh.com/makeformswork.html

nairaland's perfect and you guys are the bomb
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2009
yeah right inspiragh. u think we live on etta agbor street like you? tongue

Your web form is still not validating on the front end. Again, I ask, how can you offer to tell me how to make my forms work when yours isn't working?

Again, no offense, I am asking what I think is a simple question. Thanks.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2009
Erm, no offense please, but OP can you like you know read ssinglish? i am begining to think your topic is asking us how to
make your own form work rather than you tryin to show us how our forms should work iight? 'cos looks like yawa is tryin
to teach you how your form should work - frontend / backend.

And of course yawa is very right. In cafe's you lack admin privileges to use outlook. And you should follow web standards. . .

@yawatide: i cant believe this, looks like we are teaching this poster how to create and validate forms? and even reviewing too. . .
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
What if i say dat inspiragh isn't made for nigerias, Now i haven't said that but presently i have 2 jobs from an italian and a south african, they used outlook. Now yawa-ti-de, my form information comes to my email and that's all that matters, about validation.i used my index, i don't live in etta agbor i'm just a student in Unical , thanks to ya'll "pros"
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
Well. . .
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
inspiragh:

What if i say dat inspiragh isn't made for nigerias, Now i haven't said that but presently i have 2 jobs from an italian and a south african, they used outlook. Now yawa-ti-de, my form information comes to my email and that's all that matters, about validation.i used my index, i don't live in etta agbor i'm just a student in Unical , thanks to ya'll "pros"

wow, this is so unreal. So what if the job is for some italian or some south african, the fact is your form does not do what you said it should do, and its really not at a high standard that you claim it should be.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2009
@kolitos007, thank you for that jare, i just did not want to say it. yawa said it before that this stuff does not meet web standard, and i agree too!
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
dhtml:

@kolitos007, thank you for that jare, i just did not want to say it. yawa said it before that this stuff does not meet web standard, and i agree too!
Some people, how back ward can they be, does he expect us to jump up when he says he his doing it for some italian, I know his kind, the once that jump when they see oyinbos, make them like if they are better than us, I seen post and codes from people on this forum that show a high level of intelligence, and now some guy comes on to try to make every one look stupid, I did say earlier, that he was in trouble for his post. shame on him.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2009
All i can figure out is that, this guy is embarrassing us as website developers. He is even falling below standard in nairaland too.
If he is truly doing it for an Italian, then he is not representing us Nigerians, 'cos even some of our newbies here can do
something better sef. And yet, he had the effontry to come and teach us rubbish here?
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 5:26am On Jun 24, 2009

You would make a good politician - answer my question, thou hasn't grin

I am sure your form info goes to your mailbox but it's not the right info. I was just joking about etta agbor street o, no vex biko. Just learn to be humble and have a sense of humor. Wether you have a job in Italy, SA or the white house is of no use/meaning me. I wish you well. All I ask is that you do a good job. Based on what I see on your site, I don't see how you are. Sorry.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 5:48am On Jun 24, 2009
Yawa-ti-de fill de form and i'll post watever u have written on nairaland, how about that?
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 5:50am On Jun 24, 2009
Inspiragh.com is back and betterĀ  Www.inspiragh.com , log on and give ur personality and business higher credibility, with a world class website design with unbelievable incentives, for full tutorial on how u can get ur forms work www.inspiragh.com/makeformswork
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2009
@OP, I tried the link now, and it returned a 404 error, you are lucky that i do not moderate this board.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2009
This is going to go on for ever I can see it happenning
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2009
inspiragh,

I tried to be nice but now you are begging for it, it seems.

I filled out your form. Good, you have taken away the outlook stuff but again, no validation. To make matters worse, with each submit, my screen gets smaller as your Advert frame increases by one with each submission. In other words, I start off with 1024px width but end up, after 3 submissions with 300px width.

As I said, I filled out your form 3 times. Post the results, as you have promised.

Thanks,
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

inspiragh,

I tried to be nice but now you are begging for it, it seems.

I filled out your form. Good, you have taken away the outlook stuff but again, no validation. To make matters worse, with each submit, my screen gets smaller as your Advert frame increases by one with each submission. In other words, I start off with 1024px width but end up, after 3 submissions with 300px width.

As I said, I filled out your form 3 times. Post the results, as you have promised.

Thanks,

Men yawa-ti-de, you do have the time, you already know what was going to happen, but yet you still tried to satisfy the guy, you are a good guy man. This guy is just totally asking for it.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
Well what can I say, kolitos - I always love to help people though some tend to misconstrue it to mean I am either being harsh or harassing. The funniest ones are those who follow up with, "so you are talking. can i c ur works?" That cracks me up, LOL.
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by kolitos007: 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Well what can I say, kolitos - I always love to help people though some tend to misconstrue it to mean I am either being harsh or harassing. The funniest ones are those who follow up with, "so you are talking. can i c ur works?" That cracks me up, LOL.
LOL that is true man hehe that is always funny
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by inspiragh(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yawa-ti-de, i've seen the mail, you just clicked on the submit button, i'm using my fone right now as soon as i get home i'll copy and paste it on nairaland,
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by yawatide(f): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
3 (blank) mails, you mean cool
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
Interesting. . .
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by nitation(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
I have been forced to voice out! @ Poster, Your work is not professional. Period^-^

update: @ Dhtml in a hurry [ olodo ]
- nitation
Re: How To Make Your Forms Work by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2009
Interesting. . .you voiced out so much that you forgot to sign out. . .i have said all i have to say. period.

- diltony

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zuckerberg's Attempt At Spreading Liberal Filth In Africa Goes Up In Smoke. / Nigerian Bloggers,come Let's Promote Ourselves! / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.