Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY (35702 Views)

Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by TeeYMartinz(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
doskie:
that's not even all. i attended both. they are not mates at alllll.....
poly students don't read book like uni students. only a dundi will argue that. a 100l uniben engineering student is better than an nd graduate anywhere.
a 200l student is superior to an hnd graduate. that is why even with hnd, direct entry takes you back to 200l. and with hnd you must do pgd before you can get a masters.
which polytechnic did u graduate from, before u start saying poo......u beta shot d hell up
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by smartoliver(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
callmeSwit:
you are so very funny .....thier marking schemes arnt the same , their mode of learning arnt the same!!!!!

whats you point?!!!!!!

university graduates are built on theories
polytechnic graduates are built on practicals.
And i am sure are are frm a uni and that y u cant correctly spell a POLYTECNIC..
so for ur mind,u spell am well?guy,check ur self well b4 castigating others...see POT calling KETTLE Black..POLYTECNIC kwa
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
poly is harder dan university wen we talk about cgp,in my own dept for polyibadan ,we do 11 courses per semester and in UI they do 8 courses.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
ekoson95:
It's obvious you're a third class student.
Ordinary Polytechnic, you cannot spell...and ur title is reading 'PROVE', rather than PROOF.

FYI, I have a CGPA of 3.85, convert it and you will get more than 4.8 on. 5 point scale. So if I can make distinction here, I can still make First Class there.

Lemme tell you something, in my school you will need 75% score to get A as opposed to 70% for Universities.

you dont sound like one with such gp,
You just sound like a TOUT
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Ephemmm: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:
It is harder to make firstclass in University than to make Distinction in Politechnics.
Here is my Mathematical Prove.

For University to make first class, you must get atleast 4.5 GPA out of possible 5.
That is 4.5/5

To make distinction in Politechnic, you must get atleast 3.5 GPA out of possible 4.
That is 3.5/4.

HENCE
4-------------3.5 (For Politechnics)

5/4 * 3.5 = 4.375 (Equivalent For University)

CONCLUSION
3.5/4 GPA (politechnic)
is equivalent
To 4.375/5 GPA (University)

But if you get 4.375 in University which is equivalent of 3.5 in politechnic, You will not make first class because what is needed from you is atleast 4.5GPA.

So with this mathematical prove above, I hereby conclude that its harder to make first class in university than to make distinction in Politechnics.

Hope you understand my Prove?

If Nigeria has a sound educational system, you deserve being in school till date even if your mates have graduated over 5 years ago. First of all, you don't know the difference between 'proof' and 'prove'. Secondly, the word 'polytechnic' is spelt wrongly.

How did you graduate from school with all these grammatical blunders?

2 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by jflexy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Basalt:

I think you are the one who is dull and blackhead here, if not I dont know how you should be talking of 90% being 4points in some Polytechnic and 5points in some universities while we are talking of equivalence of FCGPA here, does it show that your brain is functioning at all?
Wetin concern 90% concern this talk?
And secondly, its only an empty vessel and Olodo that starts insult when good point which can be mathematical proved is being mentioned.
Go fix yourself dude
Even when u have been proved wrong you are still bluffing, a university student can while away his time in the 1st year and still make 1st class (u hear) but dats not so with a polytechnic student. No dey talk wetin u no sabi
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
maestroz:

your hypothesis has confused me the more. are you comparing university and polytechnic or 'politechnic'. I checked the latter in my dictionary with no proof of existence. by the way, I can only understand your proof not your 'prove'

why are you always sounding childish?
Are you that daft?
We are doing mathematics here and you are there forming Queen Elizabeth.
Gerraraheremehn
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
jflexy:
Even when u have been proved wrong you are still bluffing, a university student can while away his time in the 1st year and still make 1st class (u hear) but dats not so with a polytechnic student. No dey talk wetin u no sabi

this one go school so?
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by MadCow1: 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
smartoliver:
your name really describe ur personality...tell me wetin UNIBEN do u now?abi u nor be uniben student?

First you talk about my personality (like its a bad thing) and then proceed to ask me a question expecting an Answer.

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by MadCow1: 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ephemmm:

If Nigeria has a sound educational system, you deserve being in school till date even if your mates have graduated over 5 years ago. First of all, you don't know the difference between 'proof' and 'prove'. Secondly, the word 'polytechnic' is spelt wrongly.

Blame UNIBEN!! PERIOD!
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ephemmm:

Atleast he ended up making a good mathematical point unlike you who is just busy spewing trash from your anus.
Whenever products of polytechnic speak, you always know them
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
You just sit down in one yeye room dey do yeye maths on top wetin no guarantee you work let alone heaven...wetin even be ur CGPA or wetin u even carry commit for school set if u r a graduate.let me analyse ur grade for u.mumu
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Oche211(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:
It is harder to make firstclass in University than to make Distinction in Politechnics.

For University to make first class, you must get atleast 4.5 GPA out of possible 5.
That is 4.5/5

To make distinction in Politechnic, you must get atleast 3.5 GPA out of possible 4.
That is 3.5/4.

HENCE

CONCLUSION
3.5/4 GPA (politechnic)
is equivalent

But if you get 4.375 in University which is equivalent of 3.5 in politechnic, You will not make first class because what is needed from you is atleast 4.5GPA.

So with this mathematical prove above, I hereby conclude that its harder to make first class in university than to make distinction in Politechnics.

first, your spelling skill is very poor. It's polytechnics and not politechnics.
Furthermore, alot of polytechnics take their A1 as 75. Mention 1 university where A1 is 75...
Waiting

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by ekoson95(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dullards be like.......

Basalt:

you dont sound like one with such gp,
You just sound like a TOUT
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by sammyscholar(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
orisunmibare01:
In poly, your distinction is made in four semesters....
In university' you have about 8 semesters....
Doesn't that make poly's distinction harder based on that same formular?! undecided
And you still have enough time to set things right if it goes wrong in the first 4 semesters in a university. It is almost what you have in your first two semesters in a polytechnic that will determine what you will end up with. There is liitle time to make up, you know.

4 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Ephemmm: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Basalt:

Atleast he ended up making a good mathematical point unlike you who is just busy spewing trash from your anus.
Whenever products of polytechnic speak, you always know them

At least, tongue tongue tongue tongue

I don't argue with a fool whose brain is as fake as GEJ till 2019.

Get it right.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by firstking01(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
jbreezy:
Mumu topic...sum polytechnics g.p iz 5 (e.g polyibadan)...nt all polytchnics operate an overall g.p of 4...and even nt all unis operate an overall g.p of 5, unibadan operates an overall g.p of 7...so delete yur post b4 Sango test his new thunder on yu
hahahahahahagringringrin
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Owilar(m): 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
D same sentiment dat triggered u 2 post dis trash wil stil b found in u if u're granted an opportunity 2 govern.

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:

between not bettween
ItIBORIBO like you.
Asking me the difference between
3.5 / 4 and 4.5/ 5

go back and learn maths
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by SirDavico(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
MadCow1:
Its because of people like this OP that Polytechnic Graduates think they are equal to University Graduates.. angry angry angry angry

E no go better for the person wey build UNIBEN.. angry angry

Pls what did UNIBEN do?
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by doskie(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
TeeYMartinz:
which polytechnic did u graduate from, before u start saying poo......u beta shot d hell up
you are mad man addressing me like that. If you see me on ground you will shiver. basstad. if you be man drop your pin make we track. if I no Bury your papa spit for your grave call me anything you like. slowpoke.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by doskie(m): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
erekoshe:

When u finally graduate, you'll realize the difference. When you swim in the streets, you will
how? I did nd in auchi poly and electrical in uniben. I am presently the technical manager in my company. I know the difference. a poly graduate is very limited to implenting the designs of a university graduate. they are not the same at all. dont let anyone deceive you.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by hourl: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Maybe that's why it's hard for you to spell POLYTECHNIC correctly... SMH
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Basalt:

I think you are the one who is dull and blackhead here, if not I dont know how you should be talking of 90% being 4points in some Polytechnic and 5points in some universities while we are talking of equivalence of FCGPA here, does it show that your brain is functioning at all?
Wetin concern 90% concern this talk?
And secondly, its only an empty vessel and Olodo that starts insult when good point which can be mathematical proved is being mentioned.
Go fix yourself dude
If you are really a mathematician as you tried to show, you would agree, that if the marks requirements for grading are not the same, there's really no basis for comparison. I'm not supporting him for insulting you though!
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Agimor(m): 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
A university graduate probably an undergraduate couldn't even spell polytechnic correctly yet he is looking for a way to downgrade Polytechnic graduate with distinction.
Smh.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Engineermbugame(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
jflexy:
If you fink polytechnic education is easy try Polynekede

You are here blabbing about stupid GCPA when ur mates are facing their studies...mind u, I obtained 2.83 during my ND at federal polytechnic nekede but I'm now a student of uopeople...Bia OP or wetin, carry clock o angry sad undecided
1 of my sister say de school dey tough,i should not apply poly in dat school, d year i wrote jamb.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Jaykizz(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:

That is 4.5/5

That is 3.5/4.

HENCE

CONCLUSION
3.5/4 GPA (politechnic)
is equivalent

@OP, Kindly change your "PROVE" to "proof", both in the topic and in the content of the post where necessary.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Ephemmm: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
hourl:
Maybe that's why it's hard for you to spell POLYTECHNIC correctly... SMH

Even his topic is erroneous: using the word 'prove' instead of 'proof'.
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by charlexarmani(m): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Taa guy na wa 4 u o wetin warrant dis comment?..... On top dis smal mara na him u don dey para..... Am nt surprise a graduate of auchi poly wat do u expect "cultist”.... To auchi poly student sorry 4 d stereotyping dis dude jst F up..... Nd 2 the OP ur words and proof are full wit fatuous fillet of flim flam..
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by charlexarmani(m): 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
doskie:
you are mad man addressing me like that. If you see me on ground you will shiver. basstad. if you be man drop your pin make we track. if I no Bury your papa spit for your grave call me anything you like. slowpoke.
Taa guy na wa 4 u o wetin warrant dis comment?..... On top dis smal mara na him u don dey para..... Am nt surprise a graduate of auchi poly wat do u expect "cultist”.... To auchi poly student sorry 4 d stereotyping dis dude jst F up..... Nd 2 the OP ur words and proof are full wit fatuous fillet of flim flam..
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by erekoshe: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
doskie:
how? I did nd in auchi poly and electrical in uniben. I am presently the technical manager in my company. I know the difference. a poly graduate is very limited to implenting the designs of a university graduate. they are not the same at all. dont let anyone deceive you.

Wouldn't waste time to argue with you, you already have inferiority complex.

But get this straight, there are no better, no ranking amongst them. The best is determined by the user, time and chance screw everybody into places. For you, you have no clue about life.

Wrt to intellect, there are even ND holders that surpass you, in Electrical Engineering, most of the guys that know their onions, didn't even go to school. About money, you sound like someone leaving from hand to mouth.

No disrespect intended, I concur that our society has made the degree holders superior, just remove the fly in your eye before screaming about an ant in someone else's eyes. You absolutely don't know anything... Not even in your field

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology Zaria Students- Lets Meet / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Daisy Okonofua, Medical Doctor From UNIBEN, Clinches Multiple Awards. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.