Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-dressing-room-rift - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-dressing-room-rift (715 Views)

Japanese Footballers After Losing To Belgium At Word Cup Cleaned Dressing Room / Mikel Obi & Onazi Playing Table Tennis With Others Amid Rumoured Rift (Phot / Super Eagles Players Pour Water On Mikel In The Dressing Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-dressing-room-rift by MrFemFem: 12:20am On Feb 17, 2016
CRISTIANO RONALDO has admitted he barely spoke to some of his Manchester United team-mates.
The superstar stormed out of his pre-match press conference ahead of Real Madrid's Champions League tie against Roma.

The Portuguese was unhappy with being asked about his relationship with Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema.

But before leaving, the 31-year-old revealed that he did not feel personal relationships were important within a football team.
"When I was at Manchester United with [Paul] Scholes, [Ryan] Giggs and [Rio] Ferdinand we only said ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ and we were formidable on the pitch.

"We don't give each other kisses and hugs.

"I don't have to go to dinner with Bale or Benzema or invite them to my house.

"What's important is our understanding on the pitch.
"Little meals or kisses and hugs don't mean anything."

Ronaldo has been publicly talked about a potential return to Old Trafford at the end of his career in the past.

With Madrid president Florentino Perez reportedly favouring Bale over Ronaldo, rumours about the Portuguese forward leaving have intensified this season, especially with his contract due to expire in 2018.

And Ronaldo has often failed to contain his frustrations with his team-mates on the field despite his excellent form with 21 goals in 24 La Liga appearances so far this campaign.
But he once again reiterated that he was happy in Madrid before exiting his press conference early.

"Do I feel appreciated? Yes, of course, absolutely," Ronaldo added.

"How could it not be so? I always play, I’ve scored a few goals and I’m at the best club in the world.

"Why have I struggled to score away from home? Can you name one player who has scored more away from home than me since I’ve been in Spain?

"No, you can’t, there aren’t any. Bye everyone."

Re: Cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-dressing-room-rift by Flexherbal(m): 5:37am On Feb 17, 2016
We are following...

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Arsenal : Match Preview / Football Betting Without Risk / Betting Tips For Today 12th.. Sure Win Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.