Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please (848 Views)

Nairalanders, What Is Your Current Ringtone? / Lets Have Fun Peeps!. Whats Your Current Phone Ringtone? / Download Ringtone Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – Backstreet Boys Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by grandstar(m): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2016
I have this song which I paid someone to produce and it will make a very good ringtone.

I need to know the following:

1. How do I go about making it into a ringtone?

2. Which content distributors would you advise I approach?

3. How do I make sure its given adequate exposure?

4. Can I also engage in some self promotion?

5. I would love global promotion of the download. Trust me when I say it has global appeal.

6. How do I obtain copyright?

Pls answer one by one. Thanks
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by Lovetinz(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2016
grandstar:
I have this song which I paid someone to produce and it will make a very good ringtone.

5. I would love global promotion of the download. Trust me when I say it has global appeal.
6. How do I obtain copyright?

5. That is what every artiste believes. Most times they are wrong.
6. You havent? angry
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by grandstar(m): 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lovetinz:

5. That is what every artiste believes. Most times they are wrong.
6. You havent? angry

Well, I am sure it will go places.

Initially, I just wanted to place it on youtube and earn a few dollars monthly from it. You know they pay per thousand views.

My worry is that I feel I won't be maximising the songs potential.

I also thought I could sell downloads through youtube. Later learnt that people don't like paying for downloads

That's why I am seeking content distributors.

I have not yet copyrighted it. How do I go about it?
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by Lovetinz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Its done here:
http://www.eregistration.copyright.gov.ng/

You might also need to read this:
http://www.cosonng.com/the-copyright-society-of-nigeria/

and this:
http://www.mcsnnigeria.org/

Getting a Manager will also be a nice idea.
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by grandstar(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Lovetinz:
Its done here:
http://www.eregistration.copyright.gov.ng/

You might also need to read this:
http://www.cosonng.com/the-copyright-society-of-nigeria/

and this:
http://www.mcsnnigeria.org/

Getting a Manager will also be a nice idea.

Thanks for all your assistance.

I am not a musician. I simply want to market it as a ringtone download. Will I still need a manager? Thanks
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by Flashysounds: 6:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Get your song recorded for as low as #8000 which includes mixing and mastering with quality production guaranteed with free online promotion and hypes on facebook and twitter. You can also contact us for our cheap and affordable services like advert placements,logo/graphics design,website creation,jingle recordings,Mixing and Mastering,caller tune,radio/tv promotion,alaba mixtape/selection,online promotion,event packaging/shows,video editing,video shooting/coverage,voice overs, training on how to become a professional music producer, training on musical instruments of your choice, voice training and other Entertainment services. . . all at cheaper and affordable fees you can't resist.

INTERESTED?
For bookings and enquiries,do Whatsapp Or Call 09098639991. We are here to render to you the best of quality service. Try us and you'll never regret you did.
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by easysucess(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
STEPS TO GET YOUR SONGS AS CALLER TUNES:[right][/right]

Caller Ring Back Tone(CRBT) is a very excellent way of promoting your songs/content as a recording Artiste and the process involved is not as complicated as many have thought. Today I am going to share with you simple steps that can ensure you get your content/songs as a Caller Ring Back Tone(CRBT) on MTN, Airtel and Etisalat Networks without Stress

1. Get the best 25-30sec part of your song/content as this is the duration the callers will listen to before a call is answered. Ensure this is exciting and danceable you know what I mean.

2. Contact a good Value Added Service Provider(VAS) that can aggregate your content with the networks listed, please understand that not all VAS providers can offer your tunes on all networks based on their agreement with the MNOs but I will advise you always go for the best and www.callertunesnigeria.com is one of the Best due to their pocket friendly price, fast setup and also a good barter deal with Artistes. Don't take my word for it just do your search and you will see. They are Credible, Reliable and Trustworthy

3. Submit your Songs/content along with either of the following;
a. Certificate of Authorization to the song(s)
b. Letter of Authority to Distribute the song(s)
c. Approval Certificate of Copyright to songs issued by Nigerian Copyright Commission. If you don't have any of this yet you can still contact Caller Tunes Nigeria and they will work out a quick solution for you.

4. Pay the required documentation and processing fees, these fees are a One-time Setup fee depending on the CRBT package you are interested in, make sure you go for a package that suits your pocket, knowing that you will need to do some promotions(I will discuss this in details later).

5. Await the delivery of your codes: At this stage just relax start making update about your Caller Ring Back Tunes to your fans and friends on facebook, they will surely be eagerly awaiting, and withing 7-21days the CRBT will be ready to hit the market.

6. Promote your CRBT: Yes this is one area many Artistes shy away from, I sometimes find it amazing that some Artistes still are not bold to declare that they have done a good work and people should get it. All the stress in the studio and many hours of recording should be even gingering to make you blow your own Trumpet, or even saxophone self. Promote yourself and your CRBT massively. Facebook, Whatsapp,Twitter,BBM,Bulksms etc are all avenues of promoting both yourself and your songs. Remember that CRBT is not all about the Money you earn but also the Popularity you gain because One person that downloads your CRBT means anybody that calls must hear your song and imagine if 100people call that line in a day, thats 700people in a month and 2800people and if 100people uses it thats about 280,000pple. Act Now and don't delay.

You will Succeed.

Inwang Israel is a Leading Mobile Marketing Consultant in Nigeria. He specializes in Shortcode, Bulksms,Robocalls,Caller Tunes and Mobile Marketing Services.
He is a Trainer and Motivational Speaker
You can reach him for business, training and partnership on
+2348066916131
BBM: 5906DF1D
www.callertunesnigeria.com
Email: sales@callertunesnigeria.com
easysmshub@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Go About Developing A Ringtone. Help Please by EHI9ICE(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
Please help a brother. I need help on the name of this Naija old skool song.it sound something like this ''Angelina ooooh eh eh,she dont want me, she dont love me eh eh eh''.

THANK Y'ALL

(1) (Reply)

Who You EPP? - Olamide Ft. Gondy (a Nairalander) / Music: Busta Boogie – Alahaji (heavy Freestyle) / Yusuph! Yusuph! Yusuph! Do You Know Yusuph Of Project Fame Season9?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.