Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? (779 Views)

See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM / How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity- Ifeanyi Ubah / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by ineedajobfast: 12:07am On Mar 02, 2016
Just curious, Does the dollar note ever gets torn? and could you use cellotape on it like we do to the naira?

lalasticlala ,I need some answers
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by tsephanyah(f): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2016
No, it will not take or leave it, but people will come with Google answer for wait a little bit, those who used dollars often may not even respond to u.
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2016
I haven't seen one be4 so let's wait for people wey go come form sabinous to tell us grin sabinous dem Oya over to una
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by eleko1: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2016
We are our own enemies in dis country.Those pipu cherished their dollars while we do all kind with our Naira here Some useless soul simmply use blade to cut our Naira.dey draw graffiti on it.
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by Greene66: 1:33am On Mar 02, 2016
Let me explain.

The dollar note is made with a certain type of material that can be soaked but not directly torn like naira. The material is hard-ish in nature even when you hold it you feel it. No matter how you squeeze it it just finds it way smooth again.

Also, there is a law existing I think against "disrespecting the dollar". I was arrested once for squeezing dollar into my back pocket instead of "straight in my wallet". But you can research more on it though.
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 02, 2016
Greene66:
Let me explain.

The dollar note is made with a certain type of material that can be soaked but not directly torn like naira. The material is hard-ish in nature even when you hold it you feel it. No matter how you squeeze it it just finds it way smooth again.

Also, there is a law existing I think against "disrespecting the dollar". I was arrested once for squeezing dollar into my back pocket instead of "straight in my wallet". But you can research more on it though.

Untrue.

http://www.stampstampede.org/pages/legal
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by demosoft: 7:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Greene66:
Let me explain.

where were u arrested?
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by iykepromotions: 8:03am On Mar 02, 2016
interesting thread
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by Greene66: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
Re: Does The Dollar Note Ever Gets Torn? by Greene66: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
demosoft:
where were u arrested?

Actually it was in a local bar. And this sherif guy just came and held me saying I'm disrespecting the legal tender.

(1) (Reply)

Neteller Accounts Verification: Importance, Benefits And Process / Free Software Development For Nairaland China Importers / How To Become Wealthy And Successful With $18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.