Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin (2624 Views)

Semalt: A Guide For Beginners On How To Install Wordpress Plugin / 10 Must Have Blogging Widgets For Bloggers / Panama Paper: Wordpress Plugin, Possible Cause Of Hack - Wordfence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
WordPress is the biggest blogging platform in the world with almost 82 Million active users, so if you're planning on creating a blog or building a websites, WordPress is the Platform i will recommend cos its free, its easy to setup, it enable easy interaction with the people reading your blog/websites and with WordPress you can get thousands of free responsive themes to beautify your blog/websites.

Haven't read so many threads, topics on How to create a blog on this forum (you can visit http://www.thetysblog.com/5-basic-steps-to-create-a-blog-beginners-guide/), so i decide to create this trend to list the 10 most important plugins to expand the functionality of your blog..

firstly let me tell you what are plugins
Plugins are software component that add specific features to an existing computer program, they tends to expand the functionality of your blog/websites. All the Plugins i will be listing are Free and takes just few seconds to install once your sites is all set up. there are so many plugins on WordPress so its not advised to install plugins that either do the same function or that don't add much value to your blog/websites cos they will surely slow down your sites..

you can visit
http://www.thetysblog.com/tactical-ways-to-increase-your-blog-traffic/ for traffic guide
http://www.thetysblog.com/5-basic-steps-to-create-a-blog-beginners-guide/ on step by step guide to starting a blog

feel free to ask questions or leave a comment! thanks
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
1. Google Analytic By Yoast Plugin

Google Analytic is the standard for measuring visitors on your site. It helps you to track how many visitors you have, where they come from, what they are doing on your site, the post they read or reading and much more.

The plugin that makes it easier for you to add Google analytics on your websites is the Google Analytic by Yoast WordPress plugin. It’s free, easy to install and use and it gives your incredibely nice visitors metric dashboard.

The Google Analytics by Yoast plugin for WordPress allows you to track your blog easily and always stay up to date with the newest features in Google analytics

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
2. Yoast SEO Plugin

Yoast SEO Plugin is the best SEO Plugin so far with over 1 million active users. Yoast SEO Plugin helps you to write better content, forces you to choose a focus keyword when writing an article and also make sure you the keyword throughout the entire article. Yoase SEO Plugin also helps you with:

* Page Analysis: It helps you analyze your page by making sure your post is long enough, your site description contains your focus keyword and check if your post has sub-headings
* Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
* Import Functionality in other SEO plugins
* XML sitemaps etc.

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 3:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
3. Jet Pack Plugin

Jet Pack simplifies managing WordPress by giving you visitors stats, telling you how many visitors your site gets and helps you get more traffic with tools like Related post, Sharing etc.

Jet pack also protect your against unauthorized login and brute force attacks. It optimize and speed up Image on your sites. Jet pack is free and user friendly

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
4. SumoMe WordPress Plugin

Do you want to double your Email Subscribers? Do you want double your traffic from Facebook, Twitter, PinInterest and more? Then the plugin you need is SumoMe Plugins for WordPress.

SumoMe provides free tools you needed to join your email list subscriber for newsletters, share your articles and more. SumoMe free tools include:

* list Builder: a tool that allows you create a fancy pop-up for email subscription.
* Smart Bar: a floating bar that encourage people to subscribe to your newsletter. It can appear at the top or bottom of your website.
* Shares: as the name implies, its a tool that makes it easy for your reader to share your post on any social media platform.
* Heat Map: help you see where people are clicking (or not) on your website.
* Scroll Box: an email collection box triggered by how far your reader makes it down the screen.
*Welcome Mat: displays a full-screen call to action that shows when visitors land on your site.

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
5. Contact Form 7

Contact form 7 plugin enable you to build custom contact form easily on your WordPress blog. It has Unlimited style, enabling styling of forms easy even if you have no HTML and CSS skills. You can simply select from a range of compatible templates and styles.

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by ITbomb(m): 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
I wish I could wait for you to finish

1 Like

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
ITbomb:
I wish I could wait for you to finish

why not
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
6. W3 Total Cache Plugin

W3 total cache is the only WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework; designed to improve user experience and page speed. W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration. It also Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages.

This Plugin enhances "Instant" subsequent page views: browser caching and also Improve conversion rates and "site performance" which affect your site's rank on Google.com.

W3 total cache Improves web server performance; sustain high traffic periods and its highly Recommended by web hosts like: Page.ly, Synthesis, DreamHost, MediaTemple, Go Daddy, Host Gator and countless more.

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by waikiki(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
Pls where can I get a wordpress styled theme for blogger, absolutely free?

1 Like

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
7. Google XML Sitemaps Plugin

This is one of my favorite Plugins, its Rated 5 on 5 by over 3000 users, downloaded over 10 million times.The XML Sitemaps plugin for WordPress will automatically generate XML Sitemaps for your site and notify search engines when they're updated.It automatically assigns the rate of updates and the weight based on statistics collected on your site.

Contrary to other plugins that generate sitemap files, the xml sitemaps plugin will use the WP internals to determine the number of blog, category and tag pages on your site and also add a rewrite rule and store your cached sitemaps in the wp-content/sitemaps folder. Once you installed the plugin, you’re just required to build the sitemap for the first time – the plugin will keep maintaining the sitemap itself.

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
waikiki:
Pls where can I get a wordpress styled theme for blogger, absolutely free?

i didnt get your question, your are using the blogger platform?
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
8. WP Socializer Plugin

WP Socializer is an advanced plugin for inserting all kinds of Social bookmarking & sharing buttons. It has super cool features to insert the buttons into posts, sidebar. It also has Floating sharebar. Other Notable features include

* Insert all kinds of social buttons in posts & pages.
* Floating share bar (both horizontal & vertical - with left side and right side float support)
* Faster and Optimized loading with Smart load feature.
* Has Shortcodes for all buttons.
* Widgets for inserting FB like box & G+ badges in sidebar.
* Template functions are available for advanced placements.
* (NEW) Floating sharebar now optimized for mobile devices also.

1 Share

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by waikiki(m): 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Template rather, not theme

I'm a newbie and I need a professional looking blogger template.

I've visited many blogger sites and I've seen some very nice templates but I don't seem to be able to come across those online and if at all I see any, you can only get d complete features when you pay.

I don't want to spend money on template for now as I am still trying out the whole blogging thing.

But as soon as I have gotten just enough experience, I will migrate to wordpress.

For now, I just need a very clean template, especially one that scrolls 'recent news images' on homepage, thank you!

Tylive:

i didnt get your question, your are using the blogger platform?
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by fattbabakay(m): 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
waikiki:
Template rather, not theme

I'm a newbie and I need a professional looking blogger template.

I've visited many blogger sites and I've seen some very nice templates but I don't seem to be able to come across those online and if at all I see any, you can only get d complete features when you pay.

I don't want to spend money on template for now as I am still trying out the whole blogging thing.

But as soon as I have gotten just enough experience, I will migrate to wordpress.

For now, I just need a very clean template, especially one that scrolls 'recent news images' on homepage, thank you!

Send me ur mail on whatsapp 08147922560 ... i will forward one to u

By d way...OP, Dis plugins are not Must-Have's ... Far from it
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by ITbomb(m): 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
fattbabakay:

Hi, can you please give me a honest review of www.ityunit.com
Everyone seems to believe it is perfect, I sincerely wish you will think otherwise
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Tylive(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
fattbabakay:

i agree with you but most of them are the best plugins one must have and for the heading "10 must have WordPress Plugins" its just a traffic strategy "create a captivating heading" wink wink
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by waikiki(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
fattbabakay:

chocolloyds@gmail.com
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by swayflow: 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
most of these plugins come already installed in WordPress. and I'm not sure it's safe to use Google sitemap and yoast seo at the same time. since yoast does the work of Google sitemap. sumo me is great but the only feature I currently use there is the image sharer.

1 Like

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by fattbabakay(m): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
ITbomb:

Hi, can you please give me a honest review of www.ityunit.com
Everyone seems to believe it is perfect, I sincerely wish you will think otherwise
No website can ever be perfect, so let me just say my mind on everything i see bou d site.
- The favicon and d site in general both have different colours, why?
- The site Logo is too big and detailed
- Talking about the navigation menus, why put 'home' on both the primary and the secondary navigation menus?
- Remove this "ITy UNIT Tech, Tweaks, Free Browsing, Reviews, Android, Internet n Windows Solution Centre" at the top of the homepage.
- Putting time on ur site is kinda archaic
- You have two search boxes, one at the header, one on the widget
- You have two Facebook like boxes, one on sidebar, one at the footer, why?
- Then work more on ur seo, u av potentials

Your site loads fast though.....

1 Like

Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by fattbabakay(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
waikiki:

chocolloyds@gmail.com
Sent
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by ITbomb(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
fattbabakay:

No website can ever be perfect, so let me just say my mind on everything i see bou d site.

Thanks so much. I appreciate
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Winner4Life: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
Tell me how I can optimize my site below this write-up
Re: 10 Must Have Wordpress Plugin by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2019
Yoast and analytic active at the same time? Do that and receive a warning immediately. Yoast does that job too, so why having two?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Build Ecommerce Site On Blogger? / BEST WEB DESIGN OFFER! Redesign Your Blog For Just #5,000 / CAN YOU REBRAND OUR BLOG...? name your fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.