Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

My Rant... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Rant... (4375 Views)

Rant About Nigerian Music And Web Startups (2) (3) (4)

My Rant... by Folajay22(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
See..you people see....

i just looked at this section of the nairaland mainpage today...........

i cannot believe..that i have spent so much time in my short life..doing other unimportant stuff on here when this part of the forum exists!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

still...

now..i am here.

From the first day i saw a senior at school fighting with his final year project strictly on Java...i had fallen in love with the entire world of programming. i am not a computer science student nor graduate. i have no prior knowledge on programming, maybe other than the FORTRAN we had to do at 100 level if that counts...

i would say that i listened to bad advice from peers when i expressed my interest in programming as a chemical engineering graduate during youth service..i was told..by computer science and engineering grads likewise . "..its too hard..don't bother..we sef that have a first degree in it..we wont.." and a lot of other blah blahs..anyway..fast forward to now...everyday in the last 3-4 years of my life..i open these websites daily.. Engadget, Androidcentral, Wpcentral, 9to5mac, cultofmac, just to read tech news and stuff..so please..how would that let me forget what i have always had a passion for?

finally..i googled..and asked like a proper Naija person.. "i want to program/code, what do i learn/start with?" ...i got the same answer from like 8 different google search results..

PYTHON

so...i started. to teach myself.

suggested books - Head First Programming, Head First Python. very fun books...it actually manages to make programming fun. BUT. it didnt help me with fundamentals.. iwas doing stuff..and didnt know why..

until someone pointed me to a webpage EDX...dunno if i am allowed to post wed addresses here so i didnt...
so my good people...so far....so wonderfully complicated and soooo..i feel like being hooked on something...i finally found something i love to do....my phones..ipad..laptop..everybody has a python verson or another installed such that when i am somewhere idle..where people bring out phones and devices to play with..i bring mine out..and start to code.
yes i know how that sounds..highest form of geekery and nerdery..but hey..i believe i started late..but i am not deterred...

so please welcome my humble myself (yes i mean that exactly as it sounds) into ur midst grin grin grin grin

Re: My Rant... by fattbabakay(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
#Welcome

Re: My Rant... by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
@op, you-don-dey-madt!
Re: My Rant... by Craigston: 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
dhtml18:
@op, you-don-dey-madt!
Ah, the great troll!
E don tey o. Baba I greet o. Baba you see, the ministry is moving forward. We don get anoda newbie like me. You suppose throw party for us na.
Re: My Rant... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
^^^You mean anoda troll has joined the club eh? running about unrestrained and without any fear of ban?
Re: My Rant... by danidee10(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
Welcome OP check out coursera.com.So many great materials are there too

Re: My Rant... by Nmeri17: 12:33am On Mar 04, 2016
def misleading_thread_title():
while true:
print "you're not welcome" angry
return
Re: My Rant... by Folajay22(m): 4:53am On Mar 04, 2016
Nmeri17:
def misleading_thread_title():
while true:
print "you're not welcome" angry
return

Def defence_of_thread_title():
while story longer than 6 lines = True:
thread = rant
return thread
Re: My Rant... by Folajay22(m): 4:53am On Mar 04, 2016
dhtml18:
@op, you-don-dey-madt!

grin at the rate I am going...I hope not...
Re: My Rant... by Folajay22(m): 4:54am On Mar 04, 2016
danidee10:
Welcome OP check out coursera.com.So many great materials are there too

Thanks..heard about that too...will go there next..
Re: My Rant... by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 04, 2016
Folajay22:

grin at the rate I am going...I hope not...
Is alright, it is a possibility that needed to be ruled out.
Re: My Rant... by Celebrimbor(m): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2016
Excitement............... until you spend 3 days debugging a segfault.

Re: My Rant... by asalimpo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Folajay22:

Thanks..heard about that too...will go there next..

Why dyu like writing with ellipses (...) ?
Them use am dot dot swear for you?
Could hardly read what you saying for the dots!

Look at other programmers here. Their responses are not peppered with worthles ... dots.
Re: My Rant... by Folajay22(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
asalimpo:

Why dyu like writing with ellipses (...) ?
Them use am dot dot swear for you?
Could hardly read what you saying for the dots!

Look at other programmers here. Their responses are not peppered with worthles ... dots.

the dots...are for indications...on where i paused...in my thought process in writing.

Is Data Science Worth Learning / Biometric Access App: Which Programming Language Is Best / How Can Can Transfer Udemy Videos Downloaded On Phone To Labtop