Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking (2319 Views)

Free Ebooks On Programming And Hacking. / Pls I Want To Learn Java, Php, And Hacking. / Can A SSCE Holder Go For Programming/hacking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking by concord129(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2016
Hello, pls I need ur advice here, am a SSCE holder can I go for programming/hacking? Although I still have the impression of going to higher institution but as am putting up this article no clue of going back to school in the next two years. And mind you I have learn one computer course and that is computer technician (although in a small workshop and I work for street boys) but I love these three courses- programming, hacking and web design to be part of my life. Am currently in Osun state and I will be glad to have your take on whether I should go on or wait till I have the opportunity of going to school later. But to those who will think my question is worthless, the main reason am asking for this question is that am not good in Mathematics and I heard some people quoting "If you are not good in Maths u can't be good in programming".

Your take will highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Azeez Lateef.
Re: Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2016
I have a nephew who straight after ssce went for apprenticeship under a mechanic for six months because he wanted to learn mechanical engineering in school. He's now in his third year and he's all the better for it.
About your question, age is never a requirement to learning how to hack or program. Infact the younger you are the better because it would give you time to finetune skills learned. Sixty year old retirees learn programming from scratch and move on to become product testers for big companies.

What I would recommend is using online schools for a start and see if you enjoy the learning process. Don't worry, starting it on your own before school would put you on the level of my nephew who knew the insides of vehicle engineering before he entered a classroom.
Re: Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking by asalimpo(m): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
charix:
I have a nephew who straight after ssce went for apprenticeship under a mechanic for six months because he wanted to learn mechanical engineering in school. He's now in his third year and he's all the better for it.
About your question, age is never a requirement to learning how to hack or program. Infact the younger you are the better because it would give you time to finetune skills learned. Sixty year old retirees learn programming from scratch and move on to become product testers for big companies.

Not in Nigeria. No big company will hire you,even if you are an Einstein because of your age. Ageism is the norm here that's y government jobs are over crowded. It's the last resort.
Re: Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
asalimpo:

Not in Nigeria. No big company will hire you,even if you are an Einstein because of your age. Ageism is the norm here that's y government jobs are over crowded. It's the last resort.
They would by proxy.
We're all familiar with stay at home jobs nowadays. What's wrong with an agreement whereby the company creates a new version of their operating system, give you a unique product key and url you then use to download, install and start debugging the operating system at your own leisure time at home? That's the type of agreement Microsoft employs of recent with thousands of hackers worldwide to ensure their latest operating system is hack-proof. Age does not play a factor anymore because all hands are always needed; you never know when a four year old mistakenly presses a combination of keys that'd wipe out all your system data.

In the tech world what most employers want are skills. Your age and even physical presence play no important part in securing the job.
Re: Can A SSCE Holder Learn Programming And Hacking by asalimpo(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
charix:

They would by proxy.
We're all familiar with stay at home jobs nowadays. What's wrong with an agreement whereby the company creates a new version of their operating system, give you a unique product key and url you then use to download, install and start debugging the operating system at your own leisure time at home? That's the type of agreement Microsoft employs of recent with thousands of hackers worldwide to ensure their latest operating system is hack-proof. Age does not play a factor anymore because all hands are always needed; you never know when a four year old mistakenly presses a combination of keys that'd wipe out all your system data.

In the tech world what most employers want are skills. Your age and even physical presence play no important part in securing the job.
Car companies pay car hackers, handsome amounts to try to break into their cars. That doesnt mean the same thing as regular employment.
It's a one time thing.

What i was saying related to typical employment. Companies wont hire above a certain age.
If you like be the one who taught zuckerberg how to code.
Nigerian I.T companies dont also do the telecommute thing.

(1) (Reply)

Php Form To Mail Problem / Whats'app Group On Sharepoint / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.