Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) (52994 Views)

I Ran Away To Libya To Escape My Dad’s Sexual Demands —returnee / "How I Escaped From Evans Cell After They Concluded To Kill Me" - Pharmacist / Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Islie: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2016
Life has not been easy for Funanya Okafor, the child whose father allegedly fractured his leg and left scares on his body for allegedly stealing a piece of meat and failing to do his homework.

Right from birth, his story has been full of sorrow and agony. During the time of delivery, he was told that he almost died due to complication his mother had.

At the tender age of three, Funanya and his siblings had already lost the warmth and love of their mother as she had separated from their father.

Despite the unfavourable and harsh condition he found himself, the 8-year-old boy distinguished himself from the rest of his siblings, a virtue that endeared him to his father. He has always been known for his brilliance and smartness.

Narrating his ordeal to Aso Chronicle, Funanya said the same positive quality that stood him out from others, ironically turned out to become a bad omen for him.

He said the father who had always claimed to be a disciplinarian, would never spare him anytime he did not take his studies seriously. He said although he used to flog his other siblings, his was always heavier due to the special love he has for him.

He said when their mother was around, she assisted them with their assignments, adding that the father, rather than assist them, always descended on him with a cane or his belt anytime he failed to do his homework.

He recalled a day he was tired and feeling sleepy and had to postpone doing his assignment till the following morning, but later forgot to do it.

“When my father realised that I did not do the homework, he flogged me mercilessly,” he said.

Fumnanya also said his mother was not spared in the beating, not even when she was pregnant. He said his father used to accuse her of been a lazy woman. Even sitting down while praying was laziness to him, he added.

Admitting that he used to steal sometimes, the little boy said that there was a day his dad tried to burn him alive, after pouring kerosene on his body and wanted to strike a match.

He, however, said neither him nor any of his siblings could open up to anybody on what they were passing through in the hands of their father as he had warned them that he would kill any of them that dared tell anybody.

“My father had once used a razor blade to cut my finger which still aches till today. Sometimes, when he beats me, he would use handkerchief to cover my mouth so that I cannot scream aloud,” he said.

Funanya who shed tears as he related his ordeal in the hands of a ‘loving father’, said he would not want to go back to him. He said he longed for the day he would meet his mother again.

One of the teachers at the school where Funanya attends, told Aso Chronicle that it was some months after Fumnanya and his siblings were admitted in the school that they observed many scares all over his body which raised many questions.

“After Funanya confessed to us that it was his father that inflicted all the marks on him, we had to talk to him (the father) on the dangers and consequences of abusing a child,” she said.

She said when they realised that he was not ready to heed to their advice, they resolved to take the case to the police.

“The recent one that compelled us to report the matter to the police was the day Funanya came to school limping, following a deep cut he sustained on the leg,” she added.

Aso Chronicle gathered that soon after the father was arrested and detained at the police station, he had to be taken to the Kubwa General Hospital, the same hospital where his son was admitted.

“He saw the pictures of the battered son displayed on the social media while browsing with his phone at the hospital,” a police source said.

Reacting, the Kubwa Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Chief Superintendent Nuruddeen Sabo, said the boy had been handed over to the social welfare unit, after receiving treatment at the hospital, while the father had been released but is expected to report at the Legal Department at the Force Headquarters.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/-i-was-afraid-my-dad-would-kill-me/137083.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by ILOVEFOOD: 7:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Sorry about dat lil boy

Na all dis nut job of a dad dem suppose dey North mk dem put their combative skills to gud use rather than taking it out on their family but then again dey r cowards u wouldn't xpect anytin less

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by glimpse33(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2016
lipsrsealed
That Boy Should Be Adopted Before He Dies From His Father's Brutality

15 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Chanchit: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2016
This one na dad from hell o. Had it been we have a country, this children would belong to the government by now, while the psycho dad should be in his natural habitat "Prison"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Flexherbal(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Some of us did some of these things as kids. Why kill your child for it.

24 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Cutehector(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2016
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by kachi19: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]

This is very unacceptable and outrageous. Something has to be done about child's right and security in this nation... This is highly pissing, and that hell of a father should never be allowed to see those kids again; there should be a restricting order at least! God have mercy on us sad

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by feldido(m): 8:22am On Mar 09, 2016
This Happens everyday in Families... No more Fatherly Love sad

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2016
I can relate to this big time.

I hope he grows to forgive his father. The Man obviously has an anger problem and coupled with being a product of similar upbringing and knows no better.

How can I ever forget my mum using a bottle to come after me after thoroughly beating me with everything in sight that she could lift. grin

The only difference is she didn't break my bones or bruise my skin to this degree.

The boys father needs anger therapy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by ShitHead(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2016
d
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by 5starmilitant: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2016
That boy's father must be a very very poor man. A hungry man is an angry man.

But why e be say na poor parents dey beat children pass?

11 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Sounds like a story book.

Sorry though
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by tooman: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
if Na another tribe do am now them go call sanusi name
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by enigma2007(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Flexherbal:
Some of us did some of these things as kids. Why kill your child for it.

So that he will know on time that steal is corruption
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by brunofarad(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Pathetic

BUHARI....
Pls send that man to sambisa grin

He seems to have some skills in terror Deliveries grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Chalatanace(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
So? undecided
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by SPG4U(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2016
huh
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by henrydadon(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2016
domestic violence abuse..simply because he is your son does not give u the right to abuse him..we need a law against this in Nigeria..u cant try this in a develop country he is surely gonna spend sometime in jail..what rubbish
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by farmer99: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2016
feldido:
This Happens everyday in Families... No more Fatherly Love sad
who tell u?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by priscaoge(f): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2016
Have read this story somewhere before and I was like is that man a Father or a Beast? angry There's a huge difference between Child abuse and discipline! This is pure Child abuse angry angry

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by pretydiva(f): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Such wickedness. D man isn't fit 2 b called a father

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by farmer99: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Ds is bad, omo ti awon kan wa ti won o tiri.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by pretydiva(f): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2016
Chalatanace:
So? undecided
it seems u suffered from such abuse from ur father 4 u 2 ve typed dat..smh

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by Rinato(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2016
That guy needs to be crucified...if he doesn't know how to be a father he needs not bear children. There are people out there praying to have just one, and here we have an ungrateful low-life with temper issue. He belongs in prison!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by kaball32: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2016
Wicked fada
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by seankay(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2016
Trust me,that Man needs psychological help. Some people derive pleasure by hurting others

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by sukkot: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2016
ya dad ? or the demon pretending to be ya dad ?
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by wiloy2k8(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
this is really bad , let him be jailed

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by nbright: 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
Some parent sha
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by mosho2good: 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
END TINE DAD
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by edoyad(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
Look here, this marriage and family thing is not a must. If you decide to live your life to someone else's standards, you'll end up like this man. The man should probably have been a bachelor in the Military or prison services and not the father of some innocent children.
Re: ‘I Was Afraid My Dad Would Kill Me’ (photo) by habsydiamond(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2016
Am sorry to say this, that your dad is not a man at all cos no man at his right senses will hit the wife not to talk of restructuring his children's body. He deserves to be punished.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SARS Operatives And Their Luxurious Lifestyle / Herdsman Caught With Sack Of Bullets In Imo / Man Who Wears Hijab To Rob People Caught In Minna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.