Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

... - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / ... (1114 Views)

Working Perfect HP Elite Book Laptop And Ready To Use / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 (android One) From Lollipop To Marshmallow 6.0 Firm / Urgently In Need Of A Networking Firm To Serve In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
could it be dat since its a Linux OS follow come laptop, it is possible to malfunction wen Windows 8.1 was installed on it as per USB problem? Technical advice needed!
Re: ... by wahles(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bought my acer aspire e1-510, came with linux buh upgraded to windows 8, was able to search d net for compatible drivers sha# 1yr+ nd its still working perfectly, probably check online for possible solution
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
wahles:
Bought my acer aspire e1-510, came with linux buh upgraded to windows 8, was able to search d net for compatible drivers sha# 1yr+ nd its still working perfectly, probably check online for possible solution

no help was gotten
Re: ... by shawlxAk(m): 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
Try resetting the BIOS settings. While you're at it, look around and see if there is any option for enabling/disabling external USB.

To reset BIOS settings, enter the setup page, go to the exit tab and load setup defaults.

liveshady:
I bought a system from Lead global resources which came with Linux Operating system. There representative installed Windows 8.1 OS for me. I went away with my system and just after 2months and some days, system stopped seeing any USB devices from the three USB port. There is power in the USB ports since I can charge my phone when I plug any USB charger but system cannot see flash drives (removable disc) or any USB (unknown devices) from the three ports.

I had to return the system to their representative who tried upgrading and downgrading to Windows 10 and windows 7 respectively all to no avail. He even tried installing USB drivers and updating from internet direct wich didnot work.

what is the possible problem of the Packard Bell laptop? is it a manufacturers problem? is d processor damaged or the motherboard?

pls help with technical advice becus am ready to sue lead global resources for my N70000 especially with the economy situation.

they are even trying to put the blame on me that when I bought the laptop from them it was okay.

I affirm that the laptop did not fall from me or any other damage from me, the USB just stopped working.

besides, shouldn't there be like a year warranty on the product? they admitted there is warranty but that there own 60days warranty. meanwhile no warranty agreement paper or document was given to me when I bought the laptop though I kept on requesting for it and they kept on posting me.

I will drag them to court I swear!
Re: ... by udemzyudex(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Since it's not a new one, you'll only be wasting your time and money cos no one will be convicted....

Try and revert back to Linux and see if it will resolve the problem or searching for a compatible drivers online
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
Try resetting the BIOS settings. While you're at it, look around and see if there is any option for enabling/disabling external USB.

To reset BIOS settings, enter the setup page, go to the exit tab and load setup defaults.

I will
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
udemzyudex:
Since it's not a new one, you'll only be wasting your time and money cos no one will be convicted....

Try and revert back to Linux and see if it will resolve the problem or searching for a compatible drivers online

I hav my receipt, it's a new laptop I bought from them Bros
Re: ... by udemzyudex(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
liveshady:

I hav my receipt, it's a new laptop I bought from them Bros

Hmmm.... I understand, since they give u 60days warranty which have already pass, they will have to ship the laptop to the manufacturer.
Re: ... by Eze2000(m): 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
u got a huge problem I had just last year October. 5 different engineers could find no solution until the sixth, after changing all 3 usbs outright, discovered a bad ic.
Take my advice and ship the laptop back. and u never should have touched any gadget without a 1 year warranty upfront. The warranty period tells u how confident the company is in their product, QUALITY, and thus how long it may last you. Six months warranty is rubbish.
Again the different os complicates matters u never should have touched such a laptop if u were not a know-how engineer.
Have it shipped back or sue them. make up your mind fast and get a move on cos either way u are set to be laptop-less for some months.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
udemzyudex:

Hmmm.... I understand, since they give u 60days warranty which have already pass, they will have to ship the laptop to the manufacturer.

they told me I have 60days warranty after I complained two months and some days and after they tried fixing it without results. I mst sue them cus dey ar not fair on me already by asking me to take back my laptop claiming dat it was in gud working condition wen I bought it. is dat wat dey shud tell me?

my problem is dat I need technical advice to win my case in court since am not a computer expert. such computer faults, are they normally manufacturer's fault?
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Eze2000:
u got a huge problem I had just last year October. 5 different engineers could find no solution until the sixth, after changing all 3 usbs outright, discovered a bad ic.
Take my advice and ship the laptop back. and u never should have touched any gadget without a 1 year warranty upfront. The warranty period tells u how confident the company is in their product, QUALITY, and thus how long it may last you. Six months warranty is rubbish.
Again the different os complicates matters u never should have touched such a laptop if u were not a know-how engineer.
Have it shipped back or sue them. make up your mind fast and get a move on cos either way u are set to be laptop-less for some months.

yes I have met my lawyer for legal advise already. dey will pay for my laptop and even damage. possibly dey hav been defrauding people dat way. its even 60days (2months warranty dey said oo after I complained)
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
@mods, this is a real life issue and need urgent technical advice to proof case. move this to FP

(1) (Reply)

Glo Latest Data Plans / Fairly Used Samsung A.cs For Sale / Urgently In Need Of A Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.