Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Transfer Of Ownership - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transfer Of Ownership (718 Views)

New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle Papers Renewal @carreg / Change Of Ownership Is Our Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer Of Ownership by kaykad: 10:29am On Mar 18, 2016
Hi house,

I just sold my car and have issued a receipt to the buyer, am still restless because all the car document are still in my name and the buy is yet to do transfer of ownership, am worried becos if anything happens the car will be trace to me. please advice.
Re: Transfer Of Ownership by SenJoe(m): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Why should you be worried? You are suppose to issue sales receipt /sales agreement. If all these where done. You have no worries.
Re: Transfer Of Ownership by kaykad: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2016
done that sir, but wont i be needing my plate number back? Thanks
SenJoe:
Why should you be worried? You are suppose to issue sales receipt /sales agreement. If all these where done. You have no worries.
Re: Transfer Of Ownership by SenJoe(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
kaykad:
done that sir, but wont i be needing my plate number back? Thanks

Well, it all depends on the agreement you had with the person who bought it. You may decide to give him or retain it.

Bottom line is the agreement you guys made before the transaction.

(1) (Reply)

Sold! Sold!! Sold!!! Registered Toyota Corolla 04 For Sale @ 900k Abuja / Well Used 2005 Infinity FX 45 / Sold now !!!!Neatly Used 2007 Honda Accord For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.