Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

2drajayi's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2drajayi's Profile / 2drajayi's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Historical Excursion: How Ojukwu Starved Thousands Of Biafran Children by 2drajayi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
As supporters of Biafra continue to celebrate the success of their stay-at-home directive on May 30 in some states in the Southeast, a publication has surfaced on the internet showing how the former Biafran warlord, the late Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, prevented food aid from getting to thousands of starving Biafran children.

According to Robert Goldstein, the foreign public relations expert Ojukwu contracted to launder Biafra’s image to the outside world, by refusing to allow food aid through the land borders, the Biafran war chief contributed to the death of thousands of starving Biafran children during the three-year Nigerian civil war.

Goldstein wrote: ”It is inconceivable to me that you would stop the feeding of thousands of your countrymen (under auspicies of world organizations such as the International Red Cross, World Council of Churches and many more) via a land corridor which is the only practical way to bring in food to help at this time. It is inconceivable to me that men of good faith would try to twist world opinion in such a manner as to deceive people into believing that the starvation and hunger that is consuming ‘Biafra’ is a plot of Britain, Nigeria and others to commit genocide.

”I cannot in all conscience serve you any longer. Nor can I be a party to suppressing the fact that your starving thousands have the food, medicine and milk available to them…..it can and is ready to be delivered through international organizations to you. Only your constant refusal has stopped its delivery.”

In his open letter of resignation to Ojukwu, published by Morning Post, Lagos, August 17, 1968, Goldstein stated:

OPEN LETTER OF RESIGNATION TO ODUMEGWU OJUKWU
FROM Robert S. Goldstein
Public Relations Representative of Biafra in the United States
(Published in the Morning Post, Lagos, August 17, 1968)

As your Public Relation’s Representative in the United States, it is my distasteful duty to tender my resignation based on the following points:

POINT 1 – In November of 1967 when we met in Umuahia, you and your Cabinet were very impressive. You told me of the woes of your little Republic, that thousands of people had died, were dying and more were prepared to die for freedom’s sake.

You and your Cabinet told me you believed world opinion would help your cause if you could get your story across.

You expressed the opinion that very few if any people in the United States knew of the plight of the Biafrans.

You asked me to tell the world that Britain had teamed up with Russia in a conspiracy with the Federal Government of Nigeria to murder every Ibo in Biafra. You suggested I use my talents to induce the Press to write about the Biafran side of the war, as at that time all news came out of Lagos.

You will recall I did not take the assignment that day but stayed on several days before deciding to take that job.

To help win the peace

At that time I stated to you and your cabinet that I was taking the assignment making it crystal clear I would try my best to help win the peace not the war.

POINT TWO – I immediately arranged the first world Press conference in Biafra inviting the US Press as well as journalists and television people from England, France, Switzerland, Africa and other parts of the Globe. This was the first news break through. I arranged regular trips into Biafra for the world Press, helped set up stringers, etc., so that your statements and the statements of your Cabinet would be heard.

At that time, I was absolutely positive you were right and your cause was a just one in the best interests of the free world and your countrymen.

POINT THREE – Finally the Republic of Biafra was recognized first by Tanzania, then quickly followed by Gabon, the Ivory Coast and Zambia. Our public relations work was paying off, world opinion was starting to side with us.
Peace talks were arranged at Kampala. I thought that if anyone walked away from the table it would be the Federal Government. But to my dismay it was Biafra that left the Conference. After all the fighting and killing, I knew that peace would not come easy but I could not understand leaving the Peace Conference until the last point was negotiated and the avenue explored.

POINT FOUR – Then urgent telex messages were received from ‘Biafra’ telling of tens of thousands of people starving in the refugee camps, the villages, the bush country – stating if something weren’t done in the next few months over a million women, children and aged would be starved to death. I immediately contacted the Press, urgently petitioned the State Department for action on their part. Food, medicine and milk were sent to the only available ports open for immediate shipment to ‘Biafra’ via land routes through Federal and Biafra territory, under the auspices of world organizations such as the International Red Cross among others.

Then came the incredible answer from ‘Biafra’ that land corridors could not be acceptable until there was a complete ceasefire, and that an airlift was the only solution to feed the starving.

You then appeared before the various Heads of State and representatives of the OAU at Niamey in Niger. I fully expected you to at least accept the world help that was offered your starving throngs. However, you delayed, hoping to use these unfortunates with world sympathy on their side as a tool to further your ambition to achieve war concessions at the upcoming peace talks in Addis Ababa. Thus innocent victims continue to perish needlessly of starvation, the most agonising death that can befall any living creature.

POINT FIVE – This was incredible to me. I am now convinced that I have been used by you and your cabinet to help in military adventures of your origin….using your starving hordes as hostages to negotiate a victory.
If at some later date, following the issuance of this letter, you do concede to allow a mercy land corridor…would you expect me to agree to espouse before the world Press the incredible delay of your decision. What explanation could I honestly give for the needless prolongation of this horror.

Inconceivable acts

I pray this communication may in some small way influence you to move affirmatively, allowing the mercy land corridor to be born.

It is inconceivable to me that you would stop the feeding of thousands of your countrymen (under auspicies of world organizations such as the International Red Cross, World Council of Churches and many more) via a land corridor which is the only practical way to bring in food to help at this time. It is inconceivable to me that men of good faith would try to twist world opinion in such a manner as to deceive people into believing that the starvation and hunger that is consuming ‘Biafra’ is a plot of Britain, Nigeria and others to commit genocide.

POINT SIX – I cannot in all conscience serve you any longer. Nor can I be a party to suppressing the fact that your starving thousands have the food, medicine and milk available to them…..it can and is ready to be delivered through international organizations to you. Only your constant refusal has stopped its delivery.

I am this date, tendering my resignation and am returning to Mr. Collins Obih of the African Continental Bank all the fees you have given me (Letter of Credit No. 354 $400,000 US.)

I have sent your representative in New York a Bond in the amount of 800.000 pounds that I was holding in your behalf. I have also this date, sent the Bond of 200,000 pounds issues by the Central Bankl of Nigeria back to them for disposal.

POINT SEVEN – I am now convinced that one Nigeria is the only solution to peace. I also call upon you Mr. Ojukwu to allow your starving people to be fed. Their well-being is of deep concern to me as well as other right thinking people of the world.

Your acting in the utmost haste in this matter is in my opinion the first step toward any lasting peace in your country.”

Robert S. Goldstein.

Source:https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/01/historical-excursion-ojukwu-starved-thousands-biafran-children-death/?

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Exciting Job Vacancies by 2drajayi(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Business Development Executives - Lagos

The Company
A reputable and ambitious Real Estate Organisation with Projects in various locations in Lagos and Ogun State currently requires the services of ambitious and result-driven young talents to help in expanding its market share.

The Role
Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities for our organization. This role will see you be accountable for:

• Developing business and marketing plans in coordination with Business Development Manager to achieve revenue goals.
• Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
• Explain prospective clients about the advantages of the products or services offered and follow up with them in order to close the business deals.
• Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion.
• Develop business proposals for new and existing customers.
• Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
• Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
• Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects and presentations.
• Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients.
• Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
• Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization.
• Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
• Supervise the client relationship management database and utilize it to manage customer contacts and mailing lists.
• Achieving monthly KPI targets
• Monthly reporting

To be considered for this opportunity:
As this will be a challenging role for ‘learners’, you will need to be an experienced Business Development person who is driven by strong results. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess the following:

• Relevant industry experience
• Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
• The ability to work well in a high pressure environment
• Strong negotiation skills that will see you get the deal over the line
• Proven success in working in a similar role where you developed and implemented a business plan that achieved strong outcomes for the business
• The ability and drive to meet/exceed the departments KPI’s
• Strong leadership skills
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a strong work ethic
• Maximum of Ordinary National Diploma or its equivalent.
• Candidates who stay outside Ikeja and Ikosi environments need not apply.

The Package
In return for your skills and expertise you will be rewarded with a base salary package that is commensurate with your experience and a bonus structure dependent on your ability to achieve the required KPI’s for the role.

To Apply
If you are a ‘can-do’ person, who thrives on new challenges and achieving strong business results, then look no further ‘Apply Now’!

Please send through your updated resume and cover letter highlighting why you feel you are the ideal applicant for this opportunity through excellentcareers@yahoo.com.

* Applications from inexperienced individuals will not be considered for this role.
Jobs/Vacancies / Exciting Job Vacancy by 2drajayi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
Business Development Executives - Lagos

The Company
A reputable and ambitious Real Estate Organisation with Projects in various locations in Lagos and Ogun State currently requires the services of ambitious and result-driven young talents to help in expanding its market share.

The Role
Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing new business opportunities for our organization. This role will see you be accountable for:

• Developing business and marketing plans in coordination with Business Development Manager to achieve revenue goals.
• Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
• Explain prospective clients about the advantages of the products or services offered and follow up with them in order to close the business deals.
• Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion.
• Develop business proposals for new and existing customers.
• Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
• Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
• Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects and presentations.
• Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients.
• Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
• Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization.
• Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
• Supervise the client relationship management database and utilize it to manage customer contacts and mailing lists.
• Achieving monthly KPI targets
• Monthly reporting

To be considered for this opportunity:
As this will be a challenging role for ‘learners’, you will need to be an experienced Business Development person who is driven by strong results. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess the following:

• Relevant industry experience
• Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
• The ability to work well in a high pressure environment
• Strong negotiation skills that will see you get the deal over the line
• Proven success in working in a similar role where you developed and implemented a business plan that achieved strong outcomes for the business
• The ability and drive to meet/exceed the departments KPI’s
• Strong leadership skills
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a strong work ethic
• Maximum of Ordinary National Diploma or its equivalent.
• Candidates who stay outside Ikeja and Ikosi environments need not apply.

The Package
In return for your skills and expertise you will be rewarded with a base salary package that is commensurate with your experience and a bonus structure dependent on your ability to achieve the required KPI’s for the role.

To Apply
If you are a ‘can-do’ person, who thrives on new challenges and achieving strong business results, then look no further ‘Apply Now’!

Please send through your updated resume and cover letter highlighting why you feel you are the ideal applicant for this opportunity through excellenttalent@yahoo.com.

* Applications from inexperienced individuals will not be considered for this role.
Politics / Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 2drajayi(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2014
I thought it was just an opinion? Why is the Federal Government always quick to do rebuttal on individual opinions? The way the President's handlers handle criticism against the federal Government leaves more to be desired.

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancies For Business And Market Development Executives by 2drajayi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dear Future Associate,
It's the tough choice -- the Acres of Diamond Associates . We're a small, elite Real Estate Service Company. We aren't for everyone. Saying yes to Acres of Diamond means choosing hard training and challenge. It also means saying yes to some great benefits. These Ad is  your opportunity to say yes. You just send us your up to date CV and your statement of intent to olajayi2000@yahoo.co.uk. Because we're the tough choice, we'll understand if you say no. 

But ... before you make the decision, we should like to let you know that this opportunity is essentially for those who are Business & Market Development inclined. What makes it an elite group? What can you gain on the tough team? The Acres of Diamond Associates  offer you the same great benefits as the other organizations: skill training for a better job -- in or out of the organization ; good salary; promotions; free health insurance and a chance to go for overseas training. 

Our training is rugged. Our recruiting is selective. We want the best; we train you to be the best. We don't make a lot of promises. What we do promise is challenge and hard work ... plus the prestige and recognition that come with being part of the pioneers of a success story.

We're getting a lot of CVs and to make sure you are not left out, let us hear from you today. 

Sincerely, 
Ajayi Olasunkanmi Paul
O , Acres of Diamond Projects
Politics / Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram by 2drajayi(m): 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
SaharaReporters Interview, Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sherriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram, Exonerates Buhari,
El-Rufai.
Australian negotiator, Dr. Stephen Davis, and Boko Haram commanders in 2013
after BH reportedly agreed to dialogue
Stephen Davis, an Australian hostage negotiator who spent some time in Nigeria trying to secure the release of more than 200
Nigerian schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram militants in Chibok, Borno State, told SaharaReporters that he stands by his
widely reported allegations that former Governor Modu Sherriff of Borno State and a former Chief of Army staff, General Azubuike
Ihejirika (ret.), were among the top sponsors of the Islamist insurgents who have massacred thousands of Nigerians and
foreigners and made the northeast part of Nigeria a highly militarized zone.
In an extensive telephone interview with SaharaReporters yesterday, Dr. Davis also accused an unnamed senior official of the
Central Bank of Nigeria as well as a man based in Cairo, Egypt whom he claimed operates as Boko Haram’s bagman. He said
both men, in addition to Mr. Sheriff and former General Ihejirika, were major players in the funding and continued existence of
the deadly Islamist sect.
Dr. Davis told SaharaReporters that he did not want to name the CBN official as this may prejudice investigation by Nigeria’s
security services. Both accused men have reacted furiously to Mr. Davis’ allegation, with the former Borno governor threatening
to travel to Australia to sue his accuser while Mr. Ihejirika accused former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El
Rufai, of being a “commander” of Boko Haram. Three days ago, Mr. El Rufai had posted transcripts and video of Mr. Davis’
accusations of the former governor and ex-Army chief on social media.
Asked whether Mr. El Rufai and former military ruler, Muhammadu Buhari, had a hand in funding or sponsoring Boko Haram, Dr.
Davis said their names have not been mentioned to him by any Boko Haram connections.
Also, asked to explain why Mr. Ihejirika, a non-Muslim who hails from the predominantly Christian southeastern part of Nigeria,
became a Boko Haram “sponsor,” Mr. Davis said, “Boko Haram commanders and some connected with them told me on
several occasions Ihejirika was one of their sponsors.”
He also disclosed that Mr. Sheriff always had the best military protection in Nigeria’s violence-plagued northeast, a protection
he claimed the ex-governor enjoyed after he left office.
Dr. Davis reiterated that his allegations were informed by discussions he had with several Boko Haram field commanders over a
long period of time. Asked if President Goodluck Jonathan was aware of the insurgents’ sponsors and their specific roles, Dr.
Davis said he was unsure of the extent of information currently before President Jonathan. He added that Mr. Jonathan had
been weakened by lack of military loyalty and a history of security negligence. He gave the example of repeated attempts to
bring the growth of Al Qa’eda associated cells to the attention of NSA’s since 2006 only to have them dismiss such reports as
baseless. “By the time Goodluck Jonathan became president Boko Haram had become a potent weapon with a command
structure embedded in 16 northern states fanned by support from corrupt politicians.”
He further gave the example of Nigeria’s Minister of Defense, Aliyu Gusau, whom he accused of basically leaving Mr. Jonathan
to carry his can without taking any responsibility for his work.
The Australian negotiator also revealed that his years working with Nigerian presidents on matters of terrorism had shown that,
even when some prominent individuals are known to be involved in criminality, the presidents are simply too afraid to take them
on. He cited the example of the Niger Delta region. He told SaharaReporters that he and former President Olusegun Obasanjo
found out that Abiye Sekibo, who was then Mr. Obasanjo’s Transport Minister, had contracted the assassins who killed a
prominent politician, Harry Marshall. He said he tried to persuade Mr. Obasanjo to prosecute Mr. Sekibo, but the then president
declined, stating that such a trial could bring down his government.
Dr. Davis touched on several aspects of Boko Haram activities, showing that he was quite knowledgeable about the sect’s
actions. He told SaharaReporters that Boko Haram runs about six major camps in the northeast and neighboring countries,
adding that 700 fighters inhabited each camp. In addition there are a range of smaller camps within Borno State, which are
often temporary and to which kidnapped girls are taken to be used by the insurgents.
The Australian revealed that earlier this year Boko Haram was a loose coalition of three Islamist militant groups that worked
with one another, claiming that, since four months ago, the sects had merged into one single entity, become more cohesive,
strategically effective and powerful. “They are now linking with other terrorist group in the region and will soon be very difficult
to dismantle. If these political sponsors think they can turn these groups off after the 2015 elections they are going to be
surprised to find it is out of their control.”
On why he had chosen to speak out publicly at this time, Dr. Davis stated that, from experience, any terrorist group that has
lasted more than eight years after its formation would likely exist for another 20 or more years before it can be dismantled. It
thus becomes embedded for a generation and the likelihood of dismantling it was very low. “If we don’t do our utmost now to
dismantle Boko Haram then we may not be able to do so for another generation. That is a very gloomy scenario for Nigeria.”
He touched on former National Security Adviser, Owoye Andrew Azazi, whom he described as utterly corrupt. He said Mr. Azazi,
who was a retired Army general, was planning to buy into the Hilton hotel chain in London to the tune of $100 million before he
died in a helicopter crash on December 15, 2012.
Dr. Davis painted a portrait of Nigeria’s various intelligence units as operating in silos that refuse to share information that
could tame terrorist groups. To illustrate his point, the Australian cited the example of the State Security Services. According to
him, months after the SSS won the extradition from the Sudan of Aminu Ogwuche, a suspected terror mastermind who
reportedly planned the deadly bombing of an Abuja bus station, the intelligence agency had yet to interrogate Mr. Ogwuche
about his links with the three young men he reportedly contracted to carry out the bombing.
Dr. Davis said the young men were three in number and that they lived in the home of a CBN official who also carried out
banking transactions for Boko Haram through the CBN. He said two other young collaborators in the Nyanya Motor Park
bombing remain on the run.
The Australian hostage negotiator vowed to make more revelations about Boko Haram’s sponsors, adding that he believed the
sect could only be dismantled if their sponsors were exposed and prosecuted. In particular, he said he could not see why the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had not already moved on Sheriff for his extensive looting of public funds
when he was the Borno State governor, and for leaving the roads in Borno State in a terrible shape that has enabled Boko
Haram to ambush Nigeria troops and massacre them mercilessly. He also added that the former governor should face the
ultimate trial for financing the recruitment of young men to the Islamist sect.
Dr. Davis dismissed Mr. Sheriff’s threat to travel to Australia to sue him for his statements as grandstanding and seeking to
divert attention from the real issue of Mr. Sheriff’s involvement with Boko Haram. He added that he would be pleased to meet
the former governor at the airport whenever he developed the courage to come to Australia.

Source : Sahara Reporters
Politics / PDP, Senator Behind Boko Haram-ali Modu Sherrif by 2drajayi(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2012
PDP, Senator behind Boko Haram?

Former Borno State Governor Ali Modu Sheriff yesterday alleged that the state’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chapter “is the engine room of Boko Haram”.

He also alleged that Senator Ahmed Khalifa Zanna, who is undergoing interrogation after a suspected Boko Haram Commander was arrested, allegedly in his house, engaged in terrorism.

Sheriff, who was also a Senator, has been exchanging accusations with Zanna over the arrest of suspected Boko Haram Commander Shuaib Bama.

Sheriff denied being an accomplice of terrorism urged the State Security Service (SSS) to intensify its interrogation of Zanna.

Borno State, along with neighbouring Yobe, is the hotbed of the Boko Haram insurgency.

Sheriff spoke in a statement by his Special Assistant, Umar Duhu.

He said: “It is common knowledge in Borno State that Senator Zanna takes along some hapless Nigerians on a seeming religious voyage by road only to put some of them into terrorist activity and illegal arms importation.

“Some of the so-called pilgrims by road have been traced to terrorists’ camps in Afghanistan and Syria, and not Saudi Arabia, their preferred destination. It is very much on record that 27 of such pilgrims are still missing till date.

“Senator Zanna’s inconsistencies in trying to defend himself are clear indication of a sinking man’s desperate attempt to hang himself on anything available in order to save his neck. If not so, what would his nephew be doing in the so-called house of Senator Ali Sheriff, the man he said is his political rival?

“Contrary to his claims in the media that he had parted ways with the suspect, we can authoritatively confirm that his nephew, Shuaibu, was still his associate up to the time of his arrest.

“It is an act in futility for him to try to name Ali Sheriff as an accomplice in his nefarious activity with Boko Haram, knowing full well that the wild allegations being levelled by him will never amount to an acquittal of his guilt.”

Sheriff raised some posers for Zanna, which he also asked security agencies to look into.

He added: “The one million dollar question is why has Senator Zanna never spoken against the atrocities being committed by Boko Haram; rather, he has been calling for the declaration of state of emergency or the disbandment of the Joint Task Force (JTF) which he knew are antithetical to the quest for peace.

“Again, being the second senator fingered as having links with Boko Haram, it is a confirmation of the wildly believed theory that the PDP in Borno State is the engine room behind Boko Haram.

“At his age and with the position he holds as a senator of the Federal Republic, we felt it is the height of un-patriotisms and irresponsibility for Senator Ahmed Zanna to not only fuel the crisis in Borno, but to attempt to drag the names of decent citizens, like Ali Sheriff, in the mud.

“We know that since his inauguration, Senator Ahmed Zanna, who has visited neither Borno nor his constituency, even for once can afford to play politics with the serious issue at stake by sponsoring terrorism against his own people.

“On this note, we want to call on the relevant security authorities to fully investigate the incident and Senator Zanna’s possible links with Boko Haram, and also his Hajj-by-road activities for which he was suspected to have used as a façade for the importation of arms and window for the training of terrorists.

“It is on record that the Joint Task Force in Maiduguri had on Friday 19th October, 2012 announced the arrest of one Shuaibu Muhammed Bama in the house of a serving Senator along Damboa Road, GRA, Maiduguri.

“It is on record that shortly after the JTF announcement, Senator Ahmed, who represents Borno Central, came out publicly in a BBC Hausa Service interview to own up that he is the only senator whose house is along Damboa Road; he also went ahead to admit that the arrested suspect is his nephew and lives with him in his house.

“It is also on record that the State Security Service has invited Senator Zanna to clarify his involvement with the suspect and his links with Boko Haram.

“Senator Zanna, in a comic u-turn, shortly after these developments, told journalists in a face-saving interview that while he could not deny his relationship with his nephew, he disowned his house where the JTF arrested the suspect, stressing that the house belongs to Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, the immediate past former governor of Borno State.

“Given his recent political encounter with the immediate past governor, now the BOT chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, he appears desperate to settle scores by dragging Ali Sheriff into the controversy.

“It is laughable that instead of defending his obvious involvement with Boko Haram, given his antecedence where people finger him as an illegal importer of arms via his Hajj-by-road fame, Senator Zanna is desperately looking for somebody to hang for his sins.”

Culled: The Nation
Politics / Nigerian Politicians Are Very Insane by 2drajayi(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nigerian politicians are very insane, They Kill Dreams – Richard Branson(Virgin Atlantic)
Posted by Tolex in Home » Nigerian News on July 28, 2012
The rich international businessman, Richard Branson, has lambasted the crop of leaders we have in Nigeria for their high level greed which, according to him, is killing big brands wishing to do business with the government of the country, for the growth of Nigeria’s economy.
Below is the revelations by Mr. Branson on his experience in Nigeria…
The chairman of Virgin Atlantic said: “…we have virgin’s ill-fated footsteps by setting up a new airline in Africa in conjunction with Nigerian government…the details of the doomed attempts to crack the Nigerian market in the 2000s is better imagined…we put …together a very good airline-the first airline in West Africa that was ever IOSA/IATA operational safety audit accredited but unfortunately it got tied down to the politics of the country…we led the airlines for 11 years…
“We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour…watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn’t know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point…Nigeria people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane…that may be irony because the people make up the politicians…
“But those politicians are selfish…we did make N3billion for the federal government of Nigeria during the joint venture…realising that the government didn’t bring nothing to the table/partnership except dubious debts by the previous carrier, Nigeria Airways…The joint venture should have been the biggest African carrier by now if the partnership was allowed to grow, but the politicians KILLED it…Nigeria is a country we SHALL NEVER consider to doing business again..”
Olufamous.com is thus asking:
Is any Nigeria surprised why reputable companies (that don’t give bribe) are moving out of Nigeria to other countries where the leaders are more patriotic and do not earn millions every month while the masses earn N18,000 as minimum wage?
Dating And Meet-up Zone / I Need A Female Friend With Benefits by 2drajayi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2012
I need a matured male & female friends who can challenge me intellectually and also help with emotional stresses.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.