Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,306 members, 7,853,413 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? (998 Views)

Man Got Stuck In A Woman's Body After Turning Into A Woman To Sleep With Men Pho / Man’s Spirit ‘photographed Leaving His Body’ After Accident / What Happens To Your Body After Drinking A Coke (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 25, 2016
After reading news on the announcement of death of Nomoreloss, I took it upon myself to reflect on what we as humans should do when the inevitable comes knocking. Death as we know and is always repeated here time without number is a debt we all have to pay one day. I’ve made up my mind for over three years that should it come for me at an early age and in a way my body is still intact that my relatives should obey my wishes to harvest the usable organs and cremate whatever remains – the choice to sell or donate the organs rest solely on them. In the case of an autopsy needed to know the specific cause of death, it should happen but my plans remain steadfast.

I view burial as a waste of scarce resources since money is heavily involved in buying caskets, drinks, food and other associated festivities. I find it _stupid an event of sort should hold for a lifeless body that would end up decaying afterwards. A cremation for me is the best option since it saves space [no burial], the environment [my ashes scattered provide good compost for growing plants] and also saves costs [a complete burial with all associated fanfare would run into a few hundred thousands of Naira whereas cremation may cost at most 40 or 50 thousand Naira at most]. Its possible the source of funding for the cremation can come from the sale of organs beforehand so no extra cost is wasted, besides I find organ donation the best gift a dying individual can perform. Who knows, it might secure me a place in Heaven lol.

What are your thoughts fellow nairalanders? Have you ever thought of what you’d do with your dead body?
Re: What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 25, 2016
After a one week ban I can finally thank Oluwa for giving me the free time to think this thread up.
Re: What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? by acenazt: 3:10am On Mar 25, 2016
Walk and jump into my grave of course.
Re: What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? by xreal: 4:07am On Mar 25, 2016
O boy! see decision.

Op, forget!
u no go die young.
Re: What Do You Plan To Do With Your Body After Death? by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 25, 2016
xreal:

Op, forget!
u no go die young.
We all pray the same but we don't know when and how the inevitable would happen.
I hear old people can still donate organs so I'm good.

(1) (Reply)

How My Phone Was Stolen And Found (photos) / Why Is Shoprite Onitsha Always Crowded? (pics) / See The Message I Received From First Bank This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.