Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? (1469 Views)

Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President / Ikoyigate: National Assembly Might Intervene If... - Saraki / The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by Bimpe29: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
As a result of Code of Conduct Tribunal's decision to begin the much publicized trial of Senate President, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki on the false declaration of assets when he was the Governor of Kwara State.
Hence, I want to ask the learned colleagues on NL of the likely consequences of the prosecution of Dr Saraki in the event of his conviction.
What will become of his seat, as Senate President and Senator?
What will happen to the assets under consideration?
How will the vaccum or vacancy created by his conviction be filled by Kwara Central Senatorial District?
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by eksammy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nothing will happen

Now lemme read
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by okakahozi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bimpe29:
As a result of Code of Conduct Tribunal's decision to begin the much publicized trial of Senate President, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki on the false declaration of assets when he was the Governor of Kwara State.
Hence, I want to ask the learned colleagues on NL of the likely consequences of the prosecution of Dr Saraki in the event of his conviction.
How will the vaccum or vacancy created by his conviction be filled by Kwara Central Senatorial District?
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by sephryneyo(m): 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
It w herald the disintegration of APC.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by asfrank(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bimpe29:
The first thing that would happen is that he would go to jail. Second every other issue would be resolved, because his departure from that seat can in no way hold the country to ransom. So let's wait, d'nt count ur chicks b4 der hatch
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by ckmayoca: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Then wahala dey if Ndume gets that seat cos that guy get agidi pass PMB sef.
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by chriskosherbal(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
First of all in a more advanced And civilised society, he is supposed to step down as senate president pending on when his case will be decided, this is in order not to stain that office, also if found wanting the asset will ceased by the federal government and there will another election by the majority party in the house to provide a senate president, and lastly in line with the above, Inec will conduct fresh election in that Vacant senatorial seat within 90 days (3months) to fill that vacancy.
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by iWillSackDatMod: 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
I dey com back...mak d thread enta FP first grin
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
Forfeit his ill-gotten asset, Vacate the seat of senate presidency, in extreme case d senate chambers(Seems very unlikely) or All d above plus a jail term(Which is very much impossible in our Present day Nigeria)...
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by Bimpe29: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2016
iWillSackDatMod:
I dey com back...mak d thread enta FP first grin
Haba! Why na?
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
He WILL not be convicted. They will do their political deals and lose the case on some yeye technical grounds.

All of dem na padi padi.
They only care about themselves and their families.
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by babdap: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
I hv dis feeling saraki wud b an ex convict
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by amaechi1: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
asfrank:

The first thing that would happen is that he would go to jail. Second every other issue would be resolved, because his departure from that seat can in no way hold the country to ransom. So let's wait, d'nt count ur chicks b4 der hatch

You are point bro! Please, add that he will be political irrelevant.

Nonsense!
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by iWillSackDatMod: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bimpe29:

Haba! Why na?
Bimpe..bawo nii?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by daywatcher: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
chriskosherbal:
First of all in a more advanced And civilised society, he is supposed to step down as senate president pending on when his case will be decided, this is in order not to stain that office, also if found wanting the asset will ceased by the federal government and there will another election by the majority party in the house to provide a senate president, and lastly in line with the above, Inec will conduct fresh election in that Vacant senatorial seat within 90 days (3months) to fill that vacancy.

Perfect post. Nigeria is not a sane society so anything can happen. I will not be surprised if he continues as a Senate presido while he is in jail
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by chukwukadibia10: 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
wake me up when Saraki goes to jail.
Re: What Will Happen If Saraki Is Convicted? by Bimpe29: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
wake me up when Saraki goes to jail.

grin
Lol

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: See All Wards Results Collated In Ikwerre LGA, Before INEC Finally Bows / 5 Good Reason You Should Not Stay In Lagos / Drama As Saraki’s Lawyer Clashes With Tribunal Judge Over Adjournment Of Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.