Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Vaccination Programme For Broilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vaccination Programme For Broilers (7537 Views)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Vaccination Program For Layers / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vaccination Programme For Broilers by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2016
Over a period of time now, have critically observed this section.
Most of all I see are farmers showing off there farms and entrepreneurial skills leaving their audience more or less confused.
We ain't after how many birds you've got or how many mortalities you incurred during your farming session. I should have shown my farm with chicks, layers, drugs and vaccine administrations but No. The last time I did, was accused of advertising myself...lol.

The hidden truth is...Everybody mustn't start big. There are backyard or peasant farmers here and some others who would like to venture into livestock but fear of losing because of what they've read here.
The good news is... Livestock is profitable, whichever you want to start with.
Here is the secret:
Commonly, we have the LASOTA(NDV) and GUMBORO(IBDV)...all vaccines
The above mentioned vaccines are in dosage and these dosages depends on the number of birds that you have.
It ranges from 200, 500 to 1000 dosages.
200 = 1-200birds
500 = 201-500birds
100 = 501-1000birds
For backyard farmers, what do you do when you have just 1-50 birds?
I advice when you buy in carton (50chicks) please kindly follow this Vaccine programme. But if you just selected few from the market, I guess it should be from 2weeks. Of course must have undergone 1week vaccinations.

Fear not.
Are we following? Let's go!

1 Like

Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by Josephamstrong1(m): 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by mike58(m): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2016
Examples of fura drugs

Is it advisable feed with concentrate...
Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by dotunibrahim7(m): 3:41am On Nov 04, 2018
Lets go na
Re: Vaccination Programme For Broilers by letsfarmnigeria: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2018
Dont get confused its to learn about broilers and their drugs visit letsfarmnigeria..com and learn more with pics and videos ask questions and get answers

(1) (Reply)

MASSIVE Hecters Of Land In DELTA & EDO STATE. For Lease/sale starting @100k/acre / Has Any Body Raised Broilers From Amo.what Was Your Experience. / Different varieties of cassava stem available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.