Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Complaints - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Complaints (2456 Views)

Why Do We Have A Religion Complaints Thread That Deletes Complaints Suicidally? / A Policeman's Complaints Against The IG / Scammers We Have Detected On Google Trader, OLX Etc (Submit Complaints Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaints by exago(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2005
A NEW TREND ...........!

Its like there is a new trend I have noticed on nairaland, after people spend their time and money on-line helping you out with your questions and request, people hardly send back their thanks or even acknowledge that they have been helped. sad
Re: Complaints by demmy(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2005
And I too noticed that (at the time of typing this reply) there are 705 registered members and majority of them are inactive or with one post. Why?
Re: Complaints by Seun(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2005
Exago, tell us your story. Who and who did you help without getting a "thank you" in return?

Demmy, on most forums, only a small minority are regular posters. I am aware of certain steps that can be taken to encourage more registered members to become active, but you know I have to be sure I have enough manpower at my disposal to handle the required editing and moderation!

Ultimately, I respect the fact that 99% of forum activity is reading, not posting. Some registered members don't even bother to login to read the forum because they are browsing in the cafes and don't spend a lot of time online. I encourage registered members to login whenever they are online so they can interact with other members.
Re: Complaints by exago(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2005
seun:

Exago, tell us your story.  Who and who did you help without getting a "thank you" in return?

Demmy, on most forums, only a small minority are regular posters.  I am aware of certain steps that can be taken to encourage more registered members to become active, but you know I have to be sure I have enough manpower at my disposal to handle the required editing and moderation!

Ultimately, I respect the fact that 99% of forum activity is reading, not posting.  Some registered members don't even bother to login to read the forum because they are browsing in the cafes and don't spend a lot of time online.  I encourage registered members to login whenever they are online so they can interact with other members.

Could others like me help out, i mean still under your supervision of course.
Re: Complaints by legry(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2005
Seun Seun hmph! The thought actually crossed my mind that there are more viwers or readers than posters if you have that plan put it in action ooo!! or come and employ us for free and let me contribute my own part to the human kind. I don yan my own finish o
Re: Complaints by Seun(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2005
Wow. this is the first time someone is volunteering to be a moderator. I'm pleased B-)
Re: Complaints by Hunter(m): 6:53am On May 27, 2005
I would of volunteered but I thought it rude tongue
Re: Complaints by zahealer(f): 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hello All Nairalanders/Moderators,

Can we have Consumer Complaints Forum as a separate section on Nairaland please? I have a complaint about PHCN services and bills that I'm getting. I have been to Consumer Forum of Nigeria (CAFON) hosted by Sola Salako but PHCN personnel deliberately came very late to the forum in order to avoid consumer questions and they ran away before the end of the programme under the guise that they had more important appointments!!! I wonder what appointments could be more important than that of the customers paying their bills.

I know its almost the same experience with everyone living in 9ja and people hardly bother such issues anymore, but we the Nairalanders should be able to set up our own equivalent of United States Tea Party forum and begin to get the government to give attention to our objective complaints. Let us help ourselves.

My complaint is that I keep getting Meter Maintenance Charge as part of my bill every month. I have written to my local PHCN office to protest that I dont have a meter, even though I paid for one years back and have continued to give copies of my receipt to them. They just told me I have to keep paying as there's nothing they can do about it. I checked on line and was asked to write to the Power Minister to protest it but we know President Goodluck Jonathan is currently in charge of the power ministry. How do you get Mr. President to give attention to this sort of complaint? I wrote my first complaint letter three years ago when I was getting N154 meter maintenance charge as part of my monthly bill. This was increased to N1019 since July 2010 without consultation or warning whatsoever. I went to my local PHCN office and all I got was "it not just you but everyone is affected by the increase" attitude. Nobody seems to want to hear that I haven't got a meter talk less of getting it maintained by PHCN staff. Nobody does anything but drop the monthly bill at my door.

Nairalanders, the election is just round the corner and I feel that if nothing is done about this governmental rip-off, the private companies who buy off PHCN will continue this trend when they take over the business. Please let us make our voice heard by this government.

What is your experience and what result did you get if you did anything about it? Can anyone advice us how we can get this and other consumer issues to the attention of the government, whether local, state or federal? Thanks in advance for your useful contribution.
Re: Complaints by willycrown: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
@zahealer: The truth is that the Nigerian consumer is defenseless and that is why those companies treat their customers with impunity and disdain. I personally believe the advent of interactive web should mean liberation for the consumers; in other words, consumers should use online medium to shout their displeasure with nigerian companies.

That is the practice the world over and I think Nigeria should not be an exception. Thank God the first Nigerian complaints site has been started, www.naijacomplaints.com. That site and other forums like our dear nairaland should be used to make these companies take consumer interest serious
Re: Complaints by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
willycrown:

@zahealer: The truth is that the Nigerian consumer is defenseless and that is why those companies treat their customers with impunity and disdain. I personally believe the advent of interactive web should mean liberation for the consumers; in other words, consumers should use online medium to shout their displeasure with nigerian companies.

That is the practice the world over and I think Nigeria should not be an exception. Thank God [b]the first Nigerian complaints site has been started, www.naijacomplaints.com. [/b]That site and other forums like our dear nairaland should be used to make these companies take consumer interest serious

Na 2day grin
Re: Complaints by Blazay(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2011
Most are not genuine concerns.
Just purely for entertainment.
The good thing is that we can identify with the issues raised because they are real. cool
Re: Complaints by em19em6: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija
Re: Complaints by nlPoster: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2019
exago:
A NEW TREND ...........!

Its like there is a new trend I have noticed on nairaland, after people spend their time and money on-line helping you out with your questions and request, people hardly send back their thanks or even acknowledge that they have been helped. sad

You could have added details.
Re: Complaints by IamTallest: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Hello moderator,

I have noticed that lately,when i post or comment on ur forum,the LIKE botton doesnt come up.is there a reason for that.??..

Secondly,if i have a front page worthy news,how do i get it through to you guys?.

Thank you.
Re: Complaints by FlutterDollar99(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Seun:
Exago, tell us your story. Who and who did you help without getting a "thank you" in return?

Demmy, on most forums, only a small minority are regular posters. I am aware of certain steps that can be taken to encourage more registered members to become active, but you know I have to be sure I have enough manpower at my disposal to handle the required editing and moderation!

Ultimately, I respect the fact that 99% of forum activity is reading, not posting. Some registered members don't even bother to login to read the forum because they are browsing in the cafes and don't spend a lot of time online. I encourage registered members to login whenever they are online so they can interact with other members.
I am impressed and motivated by how far you have come.

It's been a journey truly
Re: Complaints by Oluwarotimi99: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2021
FlutterDollar99:
I am impressed and motivated by how far you have come.

It's been a journey truly
I tried adding fund (1000) into my Bet9ja account and I have been debited in my UBA account but the money hasn’t entered my Bet9ja account since Last week. I’m lost and I don’t know what to do...
Re: Complaints by Mmovies: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning Mr seun...

My complaint is based on my account been blocked for spamming in which i don't do perhaps the bot are working the other way around, why would i be banned till 2031, not fair at all, help Rectify...

Account name: Maxblog

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Nairaland Worth? / Cake Delivery Lagos / Feeds From www.myaceworld.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.