Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help With Windows - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Windows (620 Views)

D Advantage Of Free Dos Laptop Over Those With Windows OS / How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Computer With Windows Vista Pre-installed? / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Windows by solomon201(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2009
I have newly installed windows XP professional but after 1 day when i shut down it freezes at "windows is shutting down" I nw have to force it to shut down with the button.

Plz hw can i correct this?
Re: Help With Windows by simpsonX: 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2009
scan for virus
Re: Help With Windows by netotse(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2009
download a bootlog, use it and paste the output here. . .
Re: Help With Windows by scantee(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
@topic
some files were skiped during the installation, just repair the windows i hope it works.
Re: Help With Windows by AussieBoy(m): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2009
Hey dude, what was the version of XP on the disk you re-installed?
Have you installed the latest service packs on this system? This issue was first reported as XP/XPSP1. Microsoft included a fix in subsequent uopdates, for the welcome screen problem that causes it to happen.
Re: Help With Windows by deji2005(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2009
Would suggest you install windows udate
Re: Help With Windows by deji2005(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2009
windows update
Re: Help With Windows by deji2005(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
Have you installed any software programme such as lime wire or norton ?
Re: Help With Windows by Cactus(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
Put it outside in the sun to unfreeze it. ( I had to couldnt help it)

Normally, I would try to find what the problem is before taking any drastic measures. But in this instance. you may spend more time trying to find the problem.

So my recommendation is that you format the computer and get a working XP cd and reinstall the OS.

Thinking about this, I don't know what XP stands for in windows XP.

I google it then create a thread

(Extreme Performance?)

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Videos Scraches On My Laptop Can Any One Help Me / Server And Satellite / Pc Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.