Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,008 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Robot technology - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Robot technology (2066 Views)

Meet China's New Interactive Robot Goddess - Jia Jia / Make Money On Binary.com Using Robot / Aibo Robot Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robot technology by blaze: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2005
guys...big favour........how efficient do u think a powerful mainfraim can help a newlly built robot  sese its environment
Re: Robot technology by timba(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2005
What kind of "sense the environment" are you referring to? 'Cause you could easily use a microcontroller in tandem with certain transducers to sense various physical qualities.
Re: Robot technology by blaze: 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2005
take for example to feel the atmospheric pressure around
Re: Robot technology by elphem(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2005
What kind of enviroment. Talk about the temperature or feeling presence of humans or what?
Re: Robot technology by sukieboy(f): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2007
What a nice thread,
I happy u started this. Though am not togood at Electronics, but the programming aspect of robotics, am very conversants with.
logic programming,
control design using hardware/device mapping languages like C/C++.

but Nigerians don't like stuffs like this u know. lets keep it up
just say what u know and lets form a Robotics community here ok?

Best regards man
Re: Robot technology by flyKUDE(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2007
you need to get this book:robot builders bonanza.its good, i mean for people with limited knowledge of electronics.else you gat to know how to use basic stamp2 microcontroller, then you can interface it to a bigger computer with lots of processing power, and to answer your question, A.I. is it.a lil' bit complex though.
Re: Robot technology by nazzyon(m): 7:04am On Aug 30, 2007
sukieboy:

What a nice thread,
I happy u started this. Though am not togood at Electronics, but the programming aspect of robotics, am very conversants with.
logic programming,
control design using hardware/device mapping languages like C/C++.

but Nigerians don't like stuffs like this u know. lets keep it up
just say what u know and lets form a Robotics community here ok?

Best regards man

That is a probable lie.

All my life since primary education, I have never dreamed of being anything other than a Roboticist. @ Graduate level that was when I realised that Nigerian Universities does not offer courses related to either AI or Robotics.

Besides what is the essence of studying a course when you don't have one tenth of the resources. There are a host of people who want to a pioneer in this line but they get discouraged.

Note: Not everyone who wishes to be a Roboticist or any other line has what it takes to achieve what he/she wants.

I am not saying you have to be a genius to take part in Robotics Engineering.

Robotics is an interesting line if you are patient.

Talk about Nigeria; as at 2002 I learnt that we now have System Engineering.

I reserve my opinion for now.

Dreams do not die
Re: Robot technology by sukieboy(f): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2007
Thanks Man
flyKUDE:

you need to get this book:robot builders bonanza.its good, i mean for people with limited knowledge of electronics.else you got to know how to use basic stamp2 microcontroller, then you can interface it to a bigger computer with lots of processing power, and to answer your question, A.I. is it.a little' bit complex though.

Hey FLYKUDE,
thanks man for your contribution. I hope to start some stuffs like that. I have downloaded the book, I hope to get to work soon.
Re: Robot technology by elphem(m): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2007
Control engineering has lot to do with Robotics
Though we are not there yet but many Nigerian are very much into
instrumentation and automation which are parts of the Robotic engineering
I as well fall in love with Control Engineering
Re: Robot technology by sukieboy(f): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2007
Men,
Lets no act like Nigerain politicians so so talk and no action.
Let start something. first lets start sharing Ideas here on this thread.
I am not too educated on it but I will contribute my best.
I studied Computer Science but working as an automation systen Engineer in a firm in Lagos.
I deploy access control systems and am convessant with relay trigers and sensor atleast.
[b]Can some one pls list the components required to set up a small robot that walks across a small space area?[/b]This way we could be starting the robotis revolution in Nigeria cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Robot technology by voldemort(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2007
Here is a link to my website on robotics. http://mbah.net/robotics There are lots of useful links, construction photos etc.
Nigerians at home and abroad do work on robotics, both for fun and as a component of their profession.
It will be interesting to have a lot of our stuff automated since thats the way most developed countries produce goods for less, say you have a tomato grinder and have a problem an applied basic stamp of about $5 + maybe $5-15 for related sensors and basic electronics, you can make something saving time, making some monotonous decisions for you and thus creating more wealth. Lots of farmers in India use such home-brewed creations, including control by outdated PDA's such as the Visor/Palm etc which are still working microcontrollers.
Re: Robot technology by soulonfire(f): 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2007
@voldemort
Visited ur site. r u in2 robotics too n AI, we have AI labs or mayb its Robotics at UNILAG but I dont know how much progress hapns in that area as i aint seen its impact yet. Can i plz have ur email ady so i can ad u to ma mesenger list for beta corespos. I'm sure glad i got to dis forum. my ad is burning4more247@yahoo.com

thanx. @other posters. lets get the groove on in hr. i hv books on AI too and algorithms etc. twld b gud if we can contribute
Re: Robot technology by voldemort(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2007
Theres a picture of me working with one of the most interesting robots l handled - the KHR1 - a walking robot. At --> http://mbah.net/robotics
Re: Robot technology by voldemort(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2007
Watch the movie "AI" - that has (in the movie)/will be done in future.

(1) (Reply)

A Reliable Isp In Lagos / Computer Short Keys :pix / I Need Laptop Keyboard Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.