Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,445 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview (24962 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview / 6 Things You Shouldn’t Do In An Interview / A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Africanweddingb: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Ill- Fitting Clothes
Better to wear an outfit that is tailored to suit you, rather than anything that feels or looks too tight or too short. Wearing short skirts and dresses that will give you a hard time sitting give a wrong impression of you.

Jeans
Even if you will wear them as parts of your work attire, staying away from jeans at an interview is smart. They are casual and comfortable but not professional.

olors
Don’t wear bright colors. Stick with the basic, a black, blue or grey suit.

Loud Makeup
Tone down on your makeup, keep it simple and natural

Obvious Bras
Always wear a nude bra under business attire because they rarely ever show

Hats
It either distracts the interviewer or prevents the two of you from making eye contact

http://africanweddingbliss..com/2016/04/6-things-you-should-never-wear-to.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by eluquenson(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2016
Thanks @op
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Lahotte(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2016
cool
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by gidimasters(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
Yes, Especially The Ladies... There Should Be Difference Between Job Interview & Club Interview.... Even afta all d stupid make up, leggings, dey still lose d job...

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2016
Ladies should pick from this. U go enter interview see babe with heavy makeup come wear short tight skirt I go come wonder if na work dem come find or to market their "products"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Sunnycliff(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2016
Corporate world requires a corporate and decent, modest outfit!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by jamesbanjo(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2016
I salute you my brother....

Very important post... thnkz...

#NEW COAT OF ARMARM grin grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by socialmediaman: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2016
Do not wear:

See through clothing or clothing which exposes too much of certain body parts

Rumpled clothing - always iron your clothes

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by CeoMoses(m): 9:59am On Apr 21, 2016
making sense winkmaking sense
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by sirAmeh(m): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
Nice write up and noted!!!!
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by rita25(f): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
YOU DID NOT MENTION FAKE BUTS AND JEGGINS NAU................LET ME MAKE FP BEFORE STUPID MOD WILL BLOCK ME AGAIN........MOD NA U GO TIRE

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
But these don'ts are all female inclined naaa lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 21, 2016
As a man....black suit , tie, black shoes.....you cannot go wrong.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by macaranta(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Cool
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Femich18(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2016
Noted
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by sindan: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2016
No. 7: don't wear pants incase of emagency
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by MadCow1: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2016
Church T-Shirt.. grin

For Guys:

If its an engineering firm;

Wear a Jean,

a nice shirt (tucked); The Shirt can be Short Sleeves or Long Sleeved.

A Blazer (Optional)..

Avoid: Caps, hats or Hoodies. Dont wear those jump up pants or overly skinny trousers. No Slippers or Sneakers (Except you are wearing a Converse).

If its a Corporate Company (like a Bank or Insurance company or such..)

A nice shirt and Trousers never fails. You can throw on a Blazer to give it a sense of sharpness.

You can wear a 2 piece suit (with or without a Tie.. Although I always advice a tie where possible).

Traditional outfit is a NO NO for interviews..

Make sure you are well groomed. (Beards don't matter in an Engineering Company. Just be neat and presentable.)

Wear a Good fragrance (It creates a presence and leaves something of you behind after you leave the room).

For the Biitches:

Skirt and nice top is an all time classic.

Pant suits also works very well.

Spot a nice handbag. And treat your handbag with respect. Dont enter the interview room and drop your handbag anyhow on the floor (it does not show class).

Don't wear vulgar make up and avoid those multi-colored nail polishes (thats what hoes do).

Don't chew gum.

Avoid:: Tights| Leggings| Tube gowns| Spaghetti Tops| Hot Mini Skirts| Stilettos you cant walk well in| Vulgar jewelry| Cleavage revealing tops| Panty-line| e.t.c.

Wear a nice Fragrance as well.

Walk in tall and stand tall.

Make sure your clothes are well Ironed.. angry

10 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by omotee1234(m): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2016
No wonder thanks for piece of advice
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by septembergirl(f): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2016
Thanks.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by YungMike(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2016
abujasingles:
Ladies should pick from this. U go enter interview see babe with heavy makeup come wear short tight skirt I go come wonder if na work dem come find or to market their "products"

Lol.. Bro u dey here too?? Cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Reference(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Jeans is our uniform. Cannot wear anything else.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by YungMike(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2016
Guyz...... ur hairstyle matters too.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:32am On Apr 21, 2016
Short niqqa fa grin grin
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Ifeconwaba(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2016
like seriously
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by queebeediva(f): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Someone just said JESUS is his uniform ha! My brother Jesus can not be reduce to just ur uniform . Oh God why do people mis this religion thing? How does dressing corporate to a corporate firm will make someone to call the name of the Lord in vain? Hmmmm understanding matters.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2016
I have wore jeans to an interview before and i got the job.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Houseofglam7(f): 11:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Jeans shouldn't be a part of that list.
You can pair it with blazers and you're good to go.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2016
I think it depends though. My previous boss told me he nearly didn't give me the job because I "looked too boring". I wore basic black, Grey and white. I mean, that's about as serious and professional looking as colors go. But if HR are looking for someone young, vibrant, energetic and out of the box and you show up looking like you are coming from a Christian wake keep, pretty sure it's not going to do you any favors. So look through the vacancy notice and job description very well. That would tell you what kind of person they are looking for and inform what outfit you wear.
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by olafum1(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2016
How I go wear obvious bra be4?

Anyway, I'm not a gal
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Johnhug66(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2016
dazzle101:
angry
dazzle101:
YES COS D OP KNOW SAY NA U PPLE GET PROBLEM PASS
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Johnhug66:
angryYES COS D OP KNOW SAY NA U PPLE GET PROBLEM PASS

But how naaaa! I no gree abeg angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know / How To Sell Yourself In A Job Interview: 5 Powerful Tips / Finally A Job!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.