Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,689 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer (1077 Views)

Networking Or Oracle Database Management / Android Application Developer Urgently Needed / Become A Certified Mobile And Web Application Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by midps007(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hi Everyone, I m a fresh graduate in need of an IT certification course to boost my marketability in the job market. I'm actually confused in between oracle database and web application development. Please I need advice on which course to do taking into consideration the ease in getting job in the Nigeria IT job market. I just don't want to get stocked in the IT world, I need a marketable IT course in-case you know anyone apart from the two mentioned above

Please mod kindly move this topic to the front page because I need to decide between today and Sunday
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by paulsir: 3:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
database is d king,web can be learn outside.Every company needs a db person.
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by midps007(m): 7:06am On Apr 22, 2016
paulsir:
database is d king,web can be learn outside.Every company needs a db person.

thanks, but I was told that it is earlier to get a job as a web application developer than an oracle database administrator
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by 100ksalescom(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Tough one but i would choose Application Developer because they are more in demand.

And im not saying Oracle DBA is not in demand but Application Developer has more.

Just look at any vacancy portal and verify yourself.

smiley Good Luck
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by midps007(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2016
100ksalescom:
Tough one but i would choose Application Developer because they are more in demand.

Yeah bro, you are right but then they want the software developer to know both the java tech and the the microsoft tech with php and mysql knowledge, meanwhile the courses are trained differently,
I was at new horizon lagos branch, I was told that under software engineering that are java technology (105k, 3mth) , the microsoft tech (125K, 3mth) without including php and mysql which most employers includes as a criteria for employments

pls kindly recommend a good centre in lag that handles all these aspect or do I stick to new horizon?

And im not saying Oracle DBA is not in demand but Application Developer has more.

Just look at any vacancy portal and verify yourself.

smiley Good Luck
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by pneumaticos(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2016
Op,help your self,by learning web languge,php python or asp,

I am an ocp,forget those database nonsense,even mtn still they manage wth high oracle cost

Learn web application developement,thats the now and future,

Your last bus stop....find someone in an ecommerce,telecom or software firm to ask...dont forget to come back with your findings
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by midps007(m): 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
pneumaticos:
Op,help your self,by learning web languge,php python or asp,

I am an ocp,forget those database nonsense,even mtn still they manage wth high oracle cost

Learn web application developement,thats the now and future,

Your last bus stop....find someone in an ecommerce,telecom or software firm to ask...dont forget to come back with your findings

Bros u r right, most of the IT jobs I searched online tends to favour software developer. Pls can u recommend a centre in lag wia I can take software Programming course ( both java tech and microsoft tech) with php and mysql
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by pneumaticos(m): 1:22am On Apr 27, 2016
midps007:

Bros u r right, most of the IT jobs I searched online tends to favour software developer. Pls can u recommend a centre in lag wia I can take software Programming course ( both java tech and microsoft tech) with php and mysql

I know one at adeniyi jones,

Which location is ok by you
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by midps007(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
pneumaticos:

I know one at adeniyi jones,
Which location is ok by you
please what is the name of the IT centre at adeniyi jones?
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by emillionaire: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
this thread is closed
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by pneumaticos(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2016
midps007:

please what is the name of the IT centre at adeniyi jones?

Nhames
Re: Oracle Database Administration Or Web Application Developer by deedondavi(m): 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
midps007:
Hi Everyone, I m a fresh graduate in need of an IT certification course to boost my marketability in the job market. I'm actually confused in between oracle database and web application development. Please I need advice on which course to do taking into consideration the ease in getting job in the Nigeria IT job market. I just don't want to get stocked in the IT world, I need a marketable IT course in-case you know anyone apart from the two mentioned above

Please mod kindly move this topic to the front page because I need to decide between today and Sunday

Good P.M what IT certification did you end up doing?

How marketable and profitable is it?

I also want to do an IT certification
My options are
- Oracle database administration
-Web development
-Networking

plz can u advice on the best or any other

(1) (Reply)

Help! Forum Issues... / Learn How To Enable HTTPS On Blogger / How To Make Your Website Look Amazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.