Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Was My Thread Deleted?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Was My Thread Deleted?? (951 Views)

*Deleted Post* / Thread deleted or unfollowed / Fulaman198 Why Was My Thread Locked While Somali Troll Threads Are Allowed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Somguy: 7:50am On Apr 23, 2016
Why did you delete my thread and left the one I was responding to?? If you are going to delete my thread defending Somali guys, at least have the common decency to also delete the one where we are being degraded! I wasn't even trolling or insulting Nigerian people.

This place seems very corrupt.
Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Fulaman198(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2016
If you go to your thread, it wasn't deleted. The first post was hidden. Your thread is still active and well.
Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Somguy: 8:10am On Apr 23, 2016
Fulaman198:
If you go to your thread, it wasn't deleted. The first post was hidden. Your thread is still active and well.

The whole thread is gone. I've looked for it and even used search.

You could at least ask me to edit out some stuff. Considering the stuff that is left unchecked around here my thread was pretty harmless
Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Fulaman198(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

The whole thread is gone. I've looked for it and even used search.

You could at least ask me to edit out some stuff. Considering the stuff that is left unchecked around here my thread was pretty harmless

No worries I'm surprised you can't see it, hmm I can. I'll unhide first post.
Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Somguy: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2016
Fulaman198:

No worries I'm surprised you can't see it, hmm I can. I'll unhide first post.

Just tell me what I should edit and I will do it. I'm not here to troll, just express my opinions.

Is it the bit about dudes worshipping horner women?? I see how that was offensive, even though I was trying to make a fair point.

1 Like

Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Fulaman198(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

Just tell me what I should edit and I will do it. I'm not here to troll, just express my opinions.

Is it the bit about dudes worshipping horner women?? I see how that was offensive, even though I was trying to make a fair point.

Yeah it's ok, just try to be a gentleman. I have read your posts in the past, and you seem very pro-African. Just be yourself. Have tough skin around here, because there are a lot of people with a juvenile mindset that think it's a justifiable act to insult other peoples ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Somguy: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Fulaman198:

Yeah it's ok, just try to be a gentleman. I have read your posts in the past, and you seem very pro-African. Just be yourself. Have tough skin around here, because there are a lot of people with a juvenile mindset that think it's a justifiable act to insult other peoples ethnic groups.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I kind of regret letting that stuff get to me to be honest. I hadn't been online for a minute so I decided to come back and see what I had missed. One of the first things I saw was that particular thread and it really made my blood boil. You're right, it's wrong to condemn a whole group for the actions of a few.

1 Like

Re: Why Was My Thread Deleted?? by Fulaman198(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

Yes, you're absolutely right. I kind of regret letting that stuff get to me to be honest. I hadn't been online for a minute so I decided to come back and see what I had missed. One of the first things I saw was that particular thread and it really made my blood boil. You're right, it's wrong to condemn a whole group for the actions of a few.

I've seen you say that before too to other Nigerians so never forget yourself and your intentions. There are threads that are anti-everything on this forum. Anti-Fulani, Anti-Igbo, Anti-Yoruba, Anti-Hausa, Anti-Somali, etc. etc. etc. We try to keep that ish to a minimum though. It's immature and whenever I'm on I try to close threads that seem to promote that kind of thing.

We all sometimes let things get to us, but it is how we handle it as men that define who we are. Keep calm and be proud of who you are. You know that Somalis have a great culture, as do every other African ethnicity. Don't let the bigots and immature kids get the best of you. Just keep on being proud of who you are.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

“ Haiti Is One Of Us; Just.... " / ‘sp*rm Smoothie’ – UK Based Woman Reveals Her Source Of Energy Every Morning / Moremi: Olugbo Is Wrong To Rewrite Yoruba Ancient History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.