Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola (44899 Views)

N1.6bn Fraud: I Was Forced To Implicate Jonathan - Dudafa Tells Court / Soldiers Take Over Azibaola Robert's Construction Site / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Azibaola Roberts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
The detained cousin of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Robert Azibaola, has urged a Federal High Court in Lagos to declare as unlawful any attempt by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to make him indict the ex-President.

In a fresh suit filed on Wednesday, Azibaola’s lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, claimed that any attempt to make his client indict the ex-President was a violation of Section 7 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, “which has outlawed the practice of arresting a citizen as ransom for the alleged offence of another citizen.”

Azibaola, who claimed to have been in the EFCC’s detention since March 23, is also, through Adegboruwa, urging the court to bar the EFCC from approaching any magistrate’s court to obtain any remand warrant extending his detention in the anti-graft agency’s facility.

The EFCC had reportedly detained Azibaola on the allegation that he diverted $40m through a company, One-Plus Holdings, which was awarded the contract of pipeline surveillance.

The EFCC had transferred him from Abuja to Lagos where it on April 22 obtained a warrant from a Lagos State Magistrate’s Court in Ikeja to remand him pending conclusion of investigation into his alleged crime.
But in the new fundamental rights enforcement action filed on Azibaola’s behalf on Wednesday, Adegboruwa contended that the EFCC could not rely on sections 293 and 294 of the ACJA to continue to detain his client.

He claimed that those sections of the law were designed for criminal offences such as murder, armed robbery, kidnapping and treasonable felony, which attract capital punishment for which the police would need time to await a legal advice from the office of the Attorney-General.

Azibaola, who claimed that he is being persecuted based on his blood relation with ex-President Jonathan, also accused the EFCC of having perfected the plan to keep transferring him from state to state in order to keep renewing the remand warrant to ensure that he was perpetually kept in detention.

He urged the court to order the EFCC to immediately charge him to court or release him if it was not ready to do so.

The suit which was filed on Wednesday has yet to be assigned to any judge and no hearing date has been fixed.

http://www.punchng.com/stop-efcc-forcing-implicate-jonathan/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by SeverusSnape(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
We already know EFCC is the dullard's attack dog, Since they don't have any evidence to indict GEJ, They are now trying to use his cousin. No Matter What they do, A strand of hair of GEJ will not be touched.

GEJ is as clean as a whistle, Hypocrisy is when you think GEJ is corrupt but think Buhari is a saint.

Buhari who helped Abacha embezzle our treasury is fighting corruption; See the irony. It's like telling a fowl to safeguard a bowl of grain for you.

361 Likes 43 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 04, 2016
otio!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:39pm On May 04, 2016
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by VampireeM(f): 2:43pm On May 04, 2016
Whether GEJ is guilty or not even the issue. Who doesnt know EFCC is a Toothless Bulldog in the hands of this APC led govt used to witch hunt the opposition alone! They should be Independent and act wrt why the commission was instituted in the first place. This was exactly what OBJ did too. Till EFCC responds to petitions against Fashola Billion naira Website and Amaechi's scam of a Mono Rail, all these nonsense they are doing is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT and a WASTE OF TAXPAYERS Monies.. They ve no credibility undecided

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 04, 2016
Nonsense application embarassed

"The suit which was filed on Wednesday has yet to be assigned to any judge and no hearing date has been fixed."

Please the Judges are busy at the moment to entertain this worthless application, let EFCC keep him till May 31. By then his Oga Jonathan would be in custody with him. Nonsense!

Meanwhile i am listening to Ali Chukwumas' Ezi Okwu Bu Ndu. An amazing song shocked

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 2:49pm On May 04, 2016
cheesy
Keneking:
Nonsense application embarassed
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by yarimo(m): 2:50pm On May 04, 2016
Please don't implicates Jonathan, just return the money that is all. undecided

21 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 04, 2016
DONSMITH123:
The detained cousin of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Robert Azibaola, has urged a Federal High Court in Lagos to declare as unlawful any attempt by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to make him indict the ex-President.

In a fresh suit filed on Wednesday, Azibaola’s lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, claimed that any attempt to make his client indict the ex-President was a violation of Section 7 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, “which has outlawed the practice of arresting a citizen as ransom for the alleged offence of another citizen.”

Azibaola, who claimed to have been in the EFCC’s detention since March 23, is also, through Adegboruwa, urging the court to bar the EFCC from approaching any magistrate’s court to obtain any remand warrant extending his detention in the anti-graft agency’s facility.

The EFCC had reportedly detained Azibaola on the allegation that he diverted $40m through a company, One-Plus Holdings, which was awarded the contract of pipeline surveillance.

The EFCC had transferred him from Abuja to Lagos where it on April 22 obtained a warrant from a Lagos State Magistrate’s Court in Ikeja to remand him pending conclusion of investigation into his alleged crime.
But in the new fundamental rights enforcement action filed on Azibaola’s behalf on Wednesday, Adegboruwa contended that the EFCC could not rely on sections 293 and 294 of the ACJA to continue to detain his client.

He claimed that those sections of the law were designed for criminal offences such as murder, armed robbery, kidnapping and treasonable felony, which attract capital punishment for which the police would need time to await a legal advice from the office of the Attorney-General.

Azibaola, who claimed that he is being persecuted based on his blood relation with ex-President Jonathan, also accused the EFCC of having perfected the plan to keep transferring him from state to state in order to keep renewing the remand warrant to ensure that he was perpetually kept in detention.

He urged the court to order the EFCC to immediately charge him to court or release him if it was not ready to do so.

The suit which was filed on Wednesday has yet to be assigned to any judge and no hearing date has been fixed.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/stop-efcc-forcing-implicate-jonathan/
DONE READING. I shall return to comment.
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 2:56pm On May 04, 2016
AH!!! And you think thats what will make him to die? Fayose prayed more than that my guy.

rapistbuhari:
Death to Buhari.......amin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by double0seven(m): 3:03pm On May 04, 2016
The accusation if Efcc trying to enforce him to implicate Jonathan is all a ruse. it's been clear for sometime now that for some cogent reason, this Administration does not intends not to arrest or embarrass Jonathan. There is already enough link or evidence to invite Jonathan if they wanted to. Dasuki has said to anyone who cares to listen, everything he did, he did on instructions of the President.

So I think Azibaola coached by his fake activist lawyer, Adegboruwa, is only trying to be clever by half.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by dechriscool(m): 3:08pm On May 04, 2016
The same pattern and modus operandi.Intimidate and molest witnesses to give in, indicting whosoever they want to paint black before the public.
May 29 is fast approaching,questions will be ask.What has this adminstraction achieved after one year in office.They are looking for how to divert the attention of the public from their bizare achievement by looking for a big masquarade.Their first 100 days in office was nothing to talk about.They distracted the public with absolute denial of Apc change promises.They also deceived the public with inconsequential,stupid and humorous asset declaration by the president and the vice president.
Presently,they are looking for another story to deceive us again.Never again will they achieve this.They want to arrest GEJ and cause tension in the land.Naija,Apc is a curse in disguise to Nigerian.

31 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by stephnie1(f): 3:12pm On May 04, 2016
Jonathaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2016
my brother, you dey mind that guy?

With Dasuki's case and Metuh alone, is enough to implicate Jonathan.

double0seven:
The accusation if Efcc trying to enforce him to implicate Jonathan is all a ruse. it's been clear for sometime now that for some cogent reason, this Administration does not intends not to arrest or embarrass Jonathan. There is already enough link or evidence to invite Jonathan if they wanted to. Dasuki has said to anyone who cares to listen, everything he did, he did on instructions of the President.

So I think Azibaola coached by his fake activist lawyer, Adegboruwa, is only trying to be clever by half.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 3:21pm On May 04, 2016
now, where lalasticlala sef
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by SweetLove0(f): 3:24pm On May 04, 2016
grin
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DONSMITH123(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2016
My brother, death is inevitable, you wanna wish me? go ahead. lipsrsealed

rapistbuhari:

I don't remember quoting you.....abi you wan take the death meant for buhari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:31pm On May 04, 2016
gbam grin

dechriscool:
The same pattern and modus operandi.Intimidate and molest witnesses to give in, indicting whosoever they want to paint black before the public.
May 29 is fast approaching,questions will be ask.What has this adminstraction achieved after one year in office.They are looking for how to divert the attention of the public from their bizare achievement by looking for a big masquarade.Their first 100 days in office was nothing to talk about.They distracted the public with absolute denial of Apc change promises.They also deceived the public with inconsequential,stupid and humorous asset declaration by the president and the vice president.
Presently,they are looking for another story to deceive us again.Never again will they achieve this.They want to arrest GEJ and cause tension in the land.Naija,Apc is a curse in disguise to Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Nbote(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2016
double0seven:

And Why exactly has d govt been stalling on the prosecution of Dasuki? It's either d EFCC forgot their evidence or DSS refused to produce him in court or one flimsy reason or d other. It's very obvious there's a whole lot going on than jus a so called DasukiGate.. Who exactly is fooling who...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by DaBullIT(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2016
Bwahahahaha

After you don point where documents and files and projects dey , you come dey yarn dust

We are coming for Jonathan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by gen2briz(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2016
Nonsense
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Cocoyamu: 4:17pm On May 04, 2016
EFCC.... rapidly becoming a commission of Ineffectual Buffoons under this Administration.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by RichDad1(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2016
What kinda nonsense is this?
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by obailala(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2016
Did he illegally receive money or not?... These people know the FG's hands are somehow tied whenever GEJ is directly involved hence everyone wants to somehow mention GEJ's name in order to soften their case.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by MadCow1: 4:21pm On May 04, 2016
No Snitching!
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by wayne4loan: 4:21pm On May 04, 2016
Dullardinhooo is trying very hard to condemn the great DR Goodluck azikwe ebele jonathan ... If God be for us, who can be against us ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by gbens2000(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2016
U and the efcc lack common sense
Re: EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola by Adonispco: 4:23pm On May 04, 2016
Booooohari!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Apologises To Dapchi Parents: "We Didn't Know They Were Muslim Girls" / Photos From Mohammed Babangida's Daughter's 10th Birthday Party / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.