Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Double Agent - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Double Agent (1721 Views)

FICTION: The Double Date With Cher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2016
story by Invincible.

About the story:

In an operation to clean
sweep one of boko haram
base, sly, a top agent in
the national anti terror
service was sent on the
operation.
He discovers his girlfriend
is a boko haram elite
agent. She was captured
as a terrorist. Sly knew
what the law says about
terrorists, he didn’t want
that for her.
He decided to assist boko
haram in exterminating
her from prison

the story is 100% fiction

Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2016
PROLOGUE

It was a nitty-gritty in Aso villa that economy projects the nation high in the international realm while military might and intelligence are invisible skeletons to sustain it. Recently, Nigeria is making waves in the international scene. Economic watchers predict in no distant time, the country would be among top 10 economies of the world this, specifically is president Sebastian Ike’s dream. In the same vein, crime, terrorism and insurgency have shot its ugly head high above the water table, eating deep into the economic fabric, at a much faster pace. This was a subject of concern. The national anti- terror agency (NATA) took the bull by its horn to tackle this menace. A huge chunk of criminal acts, from high profile assassinations to theft of national secrets to destruction of public utilities, bombing and massacres all pointed to an organized crime group– BOKO HARAM. For several years, it have been a tough fight between both organizations. Boko haram seemed to operate from the shadows. Its agents were everywhere. Two days ago, the national museum was attacked, as usual, NATA failed to foil the incidence. It was a fatal failure but not a total one. A chip was found in the scene. Lab analysis showed it was a communicating device among Boko haram elites. Its source transmission was traced to a safe house somewhere in Maitama. The double laned road that ran into maitama was noisy with hums of cars, SUVs, motorbikes and bikes as they cruised to and fro. A black kia with dark tinted glasses drove into a walkway. It rolled some distance, stopped, rolled again, it was finally brought to a halt. Its hums reduced to nothing. Two people were in it — a male driver and a lady who sat in the front passenger seat. They both had white spiral earwigs running from their ears. Sly tapped his wig. “how far is SWAT?” “45 seconds behind you” a voice replied. The lady was connected so she heard the reply. She half turned back. A bus was parked meters away from them, its door was flung open. SWAT team members hopped down in rapid succession. She turned to face sly. “shall we?” sly only nodded. Typical of him, he hardly spoke in situations like this. They stepped out almost at the same time. Sly folded his right thumb, he flapped the other fingers in the air. Quite on cue. The SWAT team advanced towards them. Sly removed a gun from its thigh holster. So did Vivian as they marched towards a chocolate painted building.

“boss i think our hideout is blown. Its a code red. The SWAT is closing on us” a computer operative said scarily. He swiveled to face the boss. She didn’t reply. She did not appear scared or intimidated. She held a glass of while close to her eyes as if to see vision, or maybe some invisible solution. She shoke the golden wine evenly. She sipped a little. The operative watched in awe! He looked away disappointingly. He was frozen in fear. He glanced the screen, SWAT were already in the building. His palms were sweaty, his hands shoke involuntarily. Too much from a six months old recruit! “aleart all agents. Beta 1 swing to action” evelyn, the boss said. “relay information to the headquarters” instantly, sounds of corked guns filled the room as she walked out. Beta1 were guards on the ground floor.

few SWAT members down, much boko haram fighters dropped dead. Wonderful! Sly thought. They scattered through the building. Sly and vivian lead the way albeit far from each other. Sly climbed the flight of stairs. He shot five times, two headshots and two beautiful aims. Four fighters were down. One was left. He crouched behind a brick erection. Sly took a step forward. He went with his shoulder and left leg, giving the fighter a nice aim point. Sly knew the man would shoot real soon. It was a dangerous move, but the quickest tn get a rookie hyper. As speculated, the fighter raised his head he shot twice. Sly crouched and rolled he shot the man on the chest. Blood oozed out. The staircase led to an open room. It had multiple computers in a row. Maybe a control room. He said inwardly. He stepped in properly. No one was in the room. He walked in slowly, calculating each step. He was half into the room when he heard footsteps that sounded like an army on the run. He spoke into his walkie talkie then advanced towards the said direction. ‘stop right there’ sly commanded. The person stopped. She was backing him but he could see her gun, he stood a meaningful distance away. “drop your gun” she obeyed. She turned to face him as instructed. Sly wondered why she’ll give up without a fight. He stopped pondering when he saw SWAT members pointing guns to her. He was more surprised when he saw her face. ‘evelyn?’ his lips vibrated as he forced out the word. ‘sly?’ she whispered after a bolt of silence.
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2016
EPISODE 1

NATA building

wednessday, 20th

10:31am

Sly looked blankly into the laptop screen. His fingers made slow involuntary clicks on the keypad. He was supposed to be playing grand theft auto 4, his favourite electronic game but his mind was far beyond the planet deep in an ocean of thoughts. He looked rough and unkepmt with unshaved beard, not well dressed hair and all. He took a quick gulp of the golden liquid in a small flat buttom glass cup. He dropped the cup noisily on his desk. He was drinking too much alcohol lately, if alcohol had powers to vanish worries, then it lost that prowess on him. He shove the laptop aside he swiveled to a left turn. He fixed his gaze on a beautifully carved window which offered a good view of the outside. Minutes later, the door creaked open a lady walked in noisily, clanging her stiletto against the tiled floor. He didn’t spare as much as a glance at her. She stopped a few meters from him. “sly, whats wrong?” her voice was greased with so much concern “i’m fine” “sly you’re drinking yourself out at work and you say…?” “vivian!!” he countered instantly. She was silent for 30seconds after which she heaved a sigh flapping hands on her lower hip like someone who just gave up on a big argument. “director wants to see you” she tipped. “i’ll be there in a minute” sly replied. Vivian walked back to the glassy door. She leaned a hand on the wall and turned to look at him. She swallowed hard, her eye lids blinked rapidly and involuntarily. She knew he was going through a tough time. She wished she could help but he wouldn’t even tell her what the problem is!

Sly stepped into the director’s office vivian was also there with him. They exchanged glances, he looked away uneasily. The director saw this. “vivian, excuse us” the director said. Vivian bowed her head slightly then exited the office. Sly stood facing the director his face was expression void. Seats were available but he chose to stand. “i’ve assaigned you and vivian to investigate Evelyn. I understand you have feelings for her, Would it be too hard on you?” “i can handle it sir” sly replied.

Boko haram regional command base.

Wednessday 20th.

6:00PM

Lights in the room suddenly went off. New blue rays flashed dimly from multiple corners of the room, making it it gloomy. All agents stopped their activities. They all stood upright, quite on cue, the assembled in a ring-like row but no agent was at the entrance they used their right hands to salute. Swap in confrence room brightness was a sign of the boss’ presence. As mandated, he must be respected and revered. Gentle, slow but impactful footsteps was heard from the entrance. What appeared like a glowing human skeleton walked in. “at ease” the figure said. They all eased their position. The boss sat on a gold plated seat, more like a throne. the agents sat after he did. “CIS status report” the boss’ voice was less friendly and more intimidative. The organization was divided in three groups, C, I & S teams– computer, intelligence and special task team. The computer team comprised agents highly skilled in modern technology. The intelligence team were the creative and out of box thinkers. They can devise strategies in split seconds. They were lesser in number compared to the special task team who were highly trained in combat ops. They were best in explosive weapon engineering. “sir” the C-team leader began “boss Evelyn is temporarily being held in NATA prison. We’ve got the building’s blue prints” he inputed some commands in his tablet 45- inch portion of the wall suddenly glowed with white flourecent rays. The rays turned green. The surface became as green as the view of military night goggles. Images of NATA displayed one after the other, revealing its interiors, exits and entrances. Other agents focused their attentions on the reflecting surface. I-team leader stepped forward he held a tablet close to his chest, drawing patterns on it. Each move he made showed on the wall. “sir, the red dots indicates guarded regions in NATA. The whole building is heavily guarded from the gate to its cells. There are some black spots but they’re found inside” “what are success ratios?” cane, the boss asked. “infiltration 3/10, fierce attack 1/10. Not good sir” the S-team leader stepped foward. He didn’t have much to say, but he must report! “sir, we outnumber them, albeit they may solicit SWAT support. That would be a blow on us” “C-team, send the video to NATA’s archive leave no traces” cane said and exited the room. Just then the lights revamped.

To be continued
Re: The Double Agent by cyberprince8(m): 6:20pm On May 10, 2016
Nice beginning, continue and mention me in d next episode
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 6:29am On May 16, 2016
EPISODE 3

Thursday, 21st sept.

9:05AM

NATA Building

“answer me!” sly barked he slammed a fist against the silver desk angrily. He’d asked five different questions within ten minutes, evelyn maintained mute; she answered none of his questions. They were in NATA interrogation room-1, a neatly architectured room, it had two unholstered chairs, separated by a silver plated desk. Its windows were see- through. Various cameras hung above their heads, two inches below the ceiling. Director Matt and other agents were watching via the live transmitting cameras. Evelyn heaved a sigh. She looked at him then looked away, focusing her gaze on her handcuffed hands.

“why are you curious to know when i became boko haram, is it necessary?” her reply was slow, dragged and steady.

“not that alone. I want to know everything. From your operations, to your coverage to why you seem so prominent” sly answered.

“boko haram is a big organization. It exists in different forms way beyond your imaginations. Thats all i can tell you”
evelyn explained, still staring at the handcuff.

Silence broke in.

Sly stared in awe. He wondered what was going through her head. She look so young and innocent, even a jury would find it hard to believe she’s a terrorist. Sly felt he’d let his emotions overcloud his sense of judgement. He was a good field agent, one of the NATA’s best. His instincts were sharp and precise, perfect and undaunted. His five senses were always up and doing. Split seconds was enough to detect the tiniest of odds. Why hadn’t he figured Evelyn’s real identity? He’d met her in a phone shop three months ago. They’d exchanged pleasantries like normal civilised strangers. Nothing more. The second they met was two days after, in a pub. The pub was local and below sly’s standard. He hadn’t been there to catch fun. He was tailing a fugitive. Evelyn was also in the pub, she had too much to drink. She was half drunk by the time he met her. He quickly recognized her. He’d forfeited his primary assignment and took her to his house where she spent the night in his guess room. They woke to a brand new day, evelyn was fun, exciting and a little crazy. He loved it! He’d called in sick to spend the rest of that day with her. Few hours, a couple of days drifted to weeks. They’d fell head over heels in love with each other, or rather he did. He didn’t hesitate in asking her to be his girl, she’d accepted gladly.

The door opened noisily. Sly jerked off his reverie. Two guards dressed in black uniforms stepped in. They each held heavy duty guns. The interrogation session was over. This marked her third interrogation yet he didn’t get anything useful out of her. He had one chance left to interrogate her, after that she would be transferred to the ‘maximium interrogation unit (MIU)’. The MIU was beyond NATA’s jurisdiction, after her transfer, NATA would cut links with her. Legal. but the director’s order is to get her to talk. Any information from her would be useful to NATA operations. She was playing hard. Torture would not make her speak. He had dealt with multiple cases like hers. In situations like this, you capitalise on the target’s emotions. Of course terror agents appear emotionless, cold and heartless but a right dose of the right measure would break the thick wall surrounding their hearts.

Sly walked back to the agents room after she was led back to her cell. The agents were not in their respective wings. Rather they converged in the situation room, separated from agents’ room by thin glass slide door. Sly opened the door then walked in. Director matt was also in the situation room, they were watching video clips displaying from a projector. The famous face of boko haram regional leader showed in the motion pictures. “….i repeat give her to me in peace or the whole of abuja would smell my wrath” he let out a devilish grin before the video seized. Director matt stood akimbo. “cane is planning something. We must frustrate his plans by all means. Jones can you track the source transmitter?” “it’ll be hard director. Everything is hidden.” “sent me a copy” sly said. He gave jones his phone. The latter instantly connected a USB from a smart computer to sly’s device. Two minutes later, the video file was shared. Sly grinned widely As an idea struck hìm
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 6:32am On May 16, 2016
cyberprince Heemah Donkross1 Mattkent Ysadiq Calmdove Bamilizy Jaytoy Sageez Afz9095 Henz24 Temmi001 Stlomo1s Virtuedagirl Ritababe Lovelygurl Abuklaw Helenbee Demmy66 Remiseyi Uthman305
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 6:32am On May 16, 2016
cyberprince8 Heemah Donkross1 Mattkent Ysadiq Calmdove Bamilizy Jaytoy Sageez Afz9095 Henz24 Temmi001 Stlomo1s Virtuedagirl Ritababe Lovelygurl Abuklaw Helenbee Demmy66 Remiseyi Uthman305

2 Likes

Re: The Double Agent by joanee20(f): 11:13am On May 16, 2016
Enjoying this..
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2016
EPISODE 4

Friday, 22nd sept.

2PM

Sly hopped from the car. He headed for a large dublet, painted dark blue with a glitter of white. Flowers were planted in the premises. The flowers were fresh roses, two cars neatly parked in the lot.
Apparently, the owner is at home.
He knocked the door with clenched knuckles. Once. Twice. Thrice. No response.
Sly turned the door knob. A squeaky sound evolved. It didn't open. He pushed it clock-wise. Same response. It was locked from inside.

Sly searched through the inner pockets of his mont blanc wallet. He removed a key card then inserted it in a metal slot, the door's.
15 seconds past. Nothing happened. He thought as much. Its been six months since he last used the card. The house owner must have changed his lock mechanism.

He turned to leave. Two steps away from the door. A tock sound made him stop. He half turned his head. The sound came from the door, the thin rectangular red indicator had turned green. Access granted. Sly smiled. He withdrew his card then pushed the door gently. It opened without restrain.

The room was fairly large. Nothing had changed. Same round ox blood couches, same marble floor, same paintings except....the television. The panasonic brand had been replaced with a 42-inch plasma.
The tv was on, Nick is home....but where is he?

'hello!'
sly screamed.

No response.

'anybody home? Nick?'

silence. He wondered why.

He started for the adjoining room which he recalled lead to an inner corridor.
He stepped on the door, about getting in. A voice interrupted.

'stop right there'
said the voice. The unexpected happened. Sly heard the cock of a gun. From its sound he guess it was a double action semi authomatic.

No time to think. Only to act. Instinct. Follow your instincts

sly obeyed his instincts. He was backing the supposed attacker. He felt the weight of his gun, a short barrel russian pistol. His weapon would be useful only if the attacker is not a marksman.
Sly mentally guaged the room, marking goods spots to roll and take cover, if the need arise. It would, any moment.

"hands over your head. Turn counter clock wise. Disobey, i shoot. Perfect range i won't miss the shot"
said the attacker.

Sly did as instructed, not as an intimidated man, he had plans of his own.
What happened next was dramatic. Sly couldn't believe it!

His supposed attacker was nick, the man he came for.

"sly?" Nick said, his voice less horrendous.
He lowered his gun slowly.

"common buddy. Thats too much for a welcome" sly teased.

"saftey measures"
nick defended.

"thats a little overboard"

"for a man who nearly got killed two days ago by masked gun men, nothing is overboard."

"what a shame"

"yeah. Right? "

both men sat on different couches. Nick continued, "so what brings you here?"

"came to see an old friend"

"the sly i know don't play purpose void visits." interrupted Nick.

"i need you to link up the source of a video message" sly struck the nail on the head.

"where do you work......Don't tell me.....NATA. There are capable hands there"

"NATA is also working on it. There are barely any clues to the source system"
sly replied.

"what makes you think i can do it?"

"you're an experienced code breaker, former NIS fine agent. I still find it difficult to believe you resigned"

"somethings are better left unexplained. Let me have the video"

Nick connected his laptop to sly's phone with a USB cable.
Silence ruled for 15minutes save for clicks emanating from keypads.

"the video message was sent to your archive by professionals. They left no traces. Ports, IP addresses, everything's hidden" Nick said frustratedly.

"there's no other way round?"

Nick shoke his head in the negative.

"suck it. Seven goddammed years in National intelligence service is not for nothing! Where are your experiences? expertise? Skills?"

"fine. I'll try tracking the file's easter eggs. I'm not assuring its effectiveness. don't keep your hopes high.
Silence regained her regime for the next 45minutes.
Nick spent the period in breaking complex codes, re-arranging algorithms and maneauvering gateways.

Finally he was done.

"half the puzzle is solved. I didn't track their location but i could link you up for a video chat. If they accept."

"i always knew i could count on you" sly said excitedly.

"is this worth it? Betraying your country for a woman?" nick asked slowly.

"don't get it twisted. I'm not a fool who doesn't know what he's doing"

"you love her. Agreed. What if she doesn't feel the same way? This is crazy. Son of God. I wish i can stop you"
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2016
Sly recalled the last night he spent with evelyn.
It was a link past 4:30AM they were on the bed. He laid with his head resting on her laps, she wasn't asleep. She sat up, leaning her back on the soft bed post. She'd carrersed his short hair gently as if stroking each strand.

"you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Every moment with you swamps my fears, anxieties, insecurities, my convictions. I wish we could remain like this forever; in each others arms. That is only a mirage. Tears can't change it, neither can what we feel. I've gotten all i wanted, but you stole something bigger. You stole my heart. You may wake today and never find me, maybe tomorrow or next. I'll always love you, darling. "

she whispered as if she'd memorised a long script. More importantly, she thought he was sleeping. He wasn't. He heard all of it. At first it made no sense to him. He now understood everything.

"boss we have a video message from Sly, the NATA agent. He request to speak with you"

"get me connected" cane replied.

"yes sir" the boko haramian soldier walked out.

Few seconds later, a projector light shone brightly, across Cane's room. Its rays concentrated on a section of the wall.
Sly's face appeared clearly on the formed image.

Cane sipped his gold wine.
"i impressed with your intelligence"

"i have a barter, its pertaining Evelyn" said sly.

"why should i trust you?"

"i want her free as much as you do"

"hmmm. What are your terms?"
Cane asked.

"it can't be discussed online. Tell me where to meet you"

Cane was silent.

He obviously is thinking out something. Sly thought.

"area 8, Garki. The vast pitch behind starlin bank. Be there in 30mins"

"understood" sly replied.

The images went blank. The projector was as well disconnected.

"can we trust him?" Robin, cane's second-in-command asked.

"he has feelings for her. Right now, he's crazy and paranormal. Its to our advantage. We'd kill him after Evelyn is safe" cane replied.

Sly was getting impatient. He'd stood in the football pitch for ten minutes. He hadn't seen any one. Nothing. Except a UAV jet that hovered above his head two minutes ago.
The pitch was grassy, its shrubs way too low to prevent players from mechanical injuries. There was no seat, he wasn't tired of standing either.

His ear vibrated. He inserted a finger in it.

"there are here" Nick relayed from his hiding spot.

Sly looked left then right. Front and back.
Nothing!

"daft! Above you" Nick said via the ear wig.

Two helicopters hovered to a stop. They both rolled. Rolled again. Stop.
The air swept by their bladeds tossed the unbuttoned parts of his shirt in the air.

Men clad in black business suites hopped from one helicopter. Each holding an UZI.
In no time, he was surrounded by the armed men in suit.

Two men stepped from the second helicopter. Both clad in mafia robes. Cane wore a grey robe, black hand gloves while the other man was in black gloves.
Cane looked more terrifying in reality. His white beards, long and neatly carved. His nose was fairly straight. His eyes....masked in dark hawkers shade.
He inhaled the substance between his fingers then let out cloudy streams of smoke.

The smoke vanished before he spoke.

"get in. Lets talk"
he pointed to the helicopter he'd hopped from.

'don't! My sniper can't penetrate a helicopter; i won't be able to watch you' Nick cautioned.

Sly kept mute.

The men in suit cocked their guns. All pointed to sly.
He heaved a sigh.

'ok' he replied.

NATA building

"director, the chip from Boko haram is in use" the computer operative said.

"same location?" the director asked.

"no sir. Some 3,000 feet above the ground. In a plane perhaps. Agent sly's radar is apparently in same spot with the chip"

the director's eyes widened.

"are you sure about this?"

"yes sir. Here is it"

he pointed to the computer screen. Grids of map displayed on the screen. Two red indications blinked on it. One was bigger.
Re: The Double Agent by Awesome55(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2016
Keep it coming man!
Re: The Double Agent by Missmossy(f): 12:44pm On May 25, 2016
More biko,ride on.
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
[b]EPISODE 6 saturday, 23rd NATA building Sly drove into NATA five minutes ago. Weekends were like a normal working day for agents. Sly had grown accostumed to the unique nature of being of his job. Overe the years, he’d learnt to love it!. He barely settled in his office when a message came in through a scrambler. The message was from the director’s office. He was asked to see director Matt with immediate effect. Sly delayed. He spent five minutes keeping his desk in order. He on the dispenser letting down a mug full of sugar free extensively milked coffee. He emptied the mug in three gulps. Added some more then closed the tap. In three minutes he was done taking the morning coffee–he never miss it. Sly walked his way to the director’s office. Pausing briefly occassionally to answer greeting from those that cared to hail. ‘good morning, director’ Sly greeted. Matt murmured a reply then went straight to the point. ‘where were you, yesterday. 6pm precisely’ ‘with all due respect sir, when did NATA start meddling in her agents’ free time?’ ‘answer the d--n question!’ Matt said angrily. Sly wasn’t moved by the sudden outburst. Not a dim less than what he expected. ‘tell me why are you doing this? You do realise the heavy consequence of conspiring with an enemy don’t you?’ sly was silent. ‘i trusted you! We all trusted each other, NATA is like a big family bonded by a power stronger than blood should any bond be broken, the whole family is endangered. You know all this!’ the director paused. He swallowed hard. The expression on his face, undecipherable. ‘you leave me with no option’ said the director quite aware of the fact that he was doing all the talking. He dailed the intercom. Spoke into it briefly. The message was very well comprehended. In split seconds the door opened noisily violently. Six NATA soldiers marched in. The leading figure had a silver handcuff on his belt. Sly stood immobile. He breath out slowly. The men were closing in, more rapidly. They were actin on the director’s orders. Sly was to be taken to detention. ‘please, agent sly’ the man holding handcuffs said politely. He stood few feets away, close enough to cuff the agent. Agent sly stepped a feet closer. Stretched both hands, inches away from the cuffs. The soldier also stepped foward. His companions behind him. He obviously felt bad about the situation but orders are orders! He placed the first arc on Sly’s right hand. About locking it. ‘sorry’ to the surprise of everyone. That word came from Sly. The next second explained sly’s word. He launched a calculated kick on the guard’s knee. The guard staggered back for a moment. Sly shoke the cuff away. He grabbed the head of another soldier. Forcing it down he rain multiple kicks in the soldier’s abdomen. A heavy punch on the face sent the soldier crushing into his partner. By now the soldiers had made a ring round sly. New orders had been given. There would be no win for sly. He spun 45- degrees. He picked a pin from the director’s desk. Slipped it under his belt. He felt hands over him. He had been captured! He was forcefully cuffed and taken away. They ran into agent Vivian on their way to the detention room. ‘sly?’ she said with so much compassion. Sly looked away as though he’d seen a ghost. The soldiers locked his in the detention room. An hour later. sly glanced his wrist watch. It was minutes past three. From his calculation Evylene should be on her way to the interrogation unit in company of NATA guards. He have to intercept the envoy, its the only way to free her! He guess boko haram agents are waiting for him. He must leave here!!! Sly struggled to remove the pin from his belt. He used it to unlock the cuff. Seconds later his hands were free. He pushed the door gently. It was locked. He stepped back a little. He kicked the metal door real hard. The door made noisy sound. It didn’t open. He listened. He heard clicks. The door was being opened. He leaned on the wall to catch his breath. The door opened. A guard stepped in. Sly hopped on him. The guard fell. Sly stole the guard’s Ak-47. He hit him with its butt. ‘code red. I repeat code red. Over’ the other guard said into a walkie talkie. ‘shi.t’ sly cursed. He fired the guard down. In no time the place would flood with emergency guards. Sly ran in shadows. Evading cameras as much as possible. He took the emergency exit which was shorter. Not withstanding he encountered obstacles! He broke the arms of five guards. Shot four. Threw knives at three. Sustained a bullet injury. Finally he was out. He shoke of the guards following him. He knew exactly where he was headed. He arrived there in 15minutes. A boko haram agent joined him from the bush nearby. ‘you’re late!’ sly said. The red neck checked his watch. ‘by 56seconds’ ‘it matters. Now lets move. I saw the convoy minutes ago.’

[/b]
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
[b]Both men walked out of the bushy old train terminal. Sly bought a black hankerchief from a street hawker. He tied it over his face, covering his nose down to his lower jaw. They saw the convoy of three cars from afar. It was taking an opposite route. ‘if we get to that bridge in time, you’ll catch up’ sly said. The other man nodded. They hastened to the bridge. Climbing its rusted rails they got to the top. ‘we would wait some seconds. Then jump on the middle car when it come in view’ sly explained. ‘are you crazy? We’re about 50 feet above the ground!’ the man said fearfully. ‘thats why you must be accurate’ ‘no amount of accuracy can get me on a car 50 feet below’ the first car in line came into view. ‘jump on it or die trying’ sly said, and without warning held the man by the collar. They jumped off the bridge. The boko haram agent kept screaming through the unparachuted flight. 5seconds later they landed on the rough of a white van. ‘i fear you’ the man breathed. His phone rang. He spoke briefly and hung up. ‘the ambush is set’ he said. He applied a semi-solid solution on a lock behind the van. It iron bars cut instantly. Sly drew the door open. They hopped in but failed to lock it. NATA agents driving behind saw them. A message was sent to the first car. Two boko haram cars laid ambush few meters away. There was a gunshot in the van. The boko haram agent had shot the NATA agent guarding Evelyne. ‘NATA shouldn’t be at the recieving end. You ba.stard! Boko haram must pay’ sly thought. He punched the man angrily on his neck he fell unconscious. Two men of opposite sides down. Sly was left with evelyne. He squated beside her, using his hand to shade off the hair strands on her face. ‘hey’ he said smiling. ‘what are you doing here?’ ‘i’m here to save you’ he replied. ‘this is crazy. I’m not worth it. Back off while you can!’ she cautioned. ‘i won’t. I can’t. I love you’ just then they heard sounds of gun battle outside. Some bullets striking the van. ‘go now. Leave me alone’ she screamed. He held her face in his hands. ‘Evelyne, do you love me?’ [/b]
Re: The Double Agent by Awesome55(m): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Bro, i dey feel u.... Kontinuu
Re: The Double Agent by remiseyi(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
Just got the message....it's. Captivating.... I hope you won't leave us hanging... kissJust got the message....it's. Captivating.... I hope you won't leave us hanging...
Re: The Double Agent by invincible4(m): 10:37am On Jun 13, 2016
Sorry for the late update. I've been busy. Would try updating soon
Re: The Double Agent by lorelife(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
i'm impatiently waitin 4 ur update. I luv d fiction. More mb

(1) (Reply)

OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy)- Episode 5 (frying Pan To Fire) / Writers Wanted For Lagos Literary And Arts Journal (www.lagosliteraryjournal.com / The Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.