Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Let's Pull Down The Walls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Pull Down The Walls (439 Views)

Mbaka: Buhari Working With Those Who Will Pull Him Down / Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN / Let's Pull Down The Walls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Pull Down The Walls by economia: 11:31am On Jun 03, 2016
I have just been wondering....
Okay let me allow you into my thoughts....
Dear Christian brother/sister, If the Redeemed Christian Church of God decides to change its name, pastor , church logo & doctrine, would that affect you in anyway? I mean would that affect your Christianity? Your faith?
If Winners' chapel decides to do same, and The Christ Embassy, and The mountain of Fire and
Miracles, and the Deeper Life Church and the Assemblies of God Church and all of these churches decide to do the same. What becomes of your faith?
Would that affect the Jesus you claim you believe in and serve?
If it would, Then you have been serving the church system and the church building and the church as in the church as an organisation. You have not been serving Christ.
But if even in the face of changes in a church system your faith is still intact, your Jesus not affected, then you have been a true Christian.
With this understanding, I can walk into any church building where the name of Jesus is called upon in Spirit and in Truth and it is home for me.
And the young man or young woman sitting next to me is my brother and my sister. Because really, our unifying factor, our rallying point is not the church building or the pastor but Christ, The Head of The Church
‪‬

(1) (Reply)

Devotional: Discover What Grace Can Do By Kenneth Copeland / Partiality And Lack Of Hospitality In The Catholic / Christians-spiritual Or Physical Possesions!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.