Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

.net Programmers I Need Your Help O - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / .net Programmers I Need Your Help O (3385 Views)

Experience Java And .NET Programmers Wanted For Contract Employment / We're Hiring - Java And .NET Programmers / .NET Is A Dead & Useless Language - .NET programmers come and defend yourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Have been having problems installing Microsoft visual studio 2015 since yesterday, it's gives me errors like. Microsoft preparation not found, Ms SQL server not found, Java sdk errors too,

My os is windowss 8.1

2 Likes

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Fulaman198(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
Could you kindly elaborate on the problems that you have been having so that we are better equipped to help you with them? Where are you installing Java from? There is only one place to install the SDK and that is from Oracle themselves. In regards to the .net environment. I don't use Windows anymore, so I'm not fully prepared to answer that question. I have become a GNU/Linux and OSX/Unix kind of guy these days.

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mister man, I might be able to help you. But this thing you are describing sounds as if you are using a pentium 1, or your system don dey craze.

You need to start by telling us your system specs, and giving us screenshots or possibly of errors encountered.
You can install microsoft visual studio and sql server separately, you don confuse me sef.

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Raypawer(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
whats the spec of your system? did it meet the requirement of the software

you need a high speed internet connection in order to allow visual studio connect to oracle servers and install java sdk, android studio and the like during installation, but i will still like to see a screen snap of the error..
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Fulaman198(m): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
dhtml18:
Mister man, I might be able to help you. But this thing you are describing sounds as if you are using a pentium 1, or your system don dey craze.

You need to start by telling us your system specs, and giving us screenshots or possibly of errors encountered.
You can install microsoft visual studio and sql server separately, you don confuse me sef.

ROFLLLL
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
Fulaman198:

ROFLLLL
If i didn't know better, I would say the system is possessed with WITCHES AND WIZARDS.

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Fulaman198(m): 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
dhtml18:

If i didn't know better, I would say the system is possessed with WITCHES AND WIZARDS.

ROFLLLLLL laugh wan kill me die. Please stop before I laugh myself to death hahahaha. I feel bad though not everyone has enough money to afford a new computer so I shouldn't be laughing. But man you are funny.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
But in Nigeria, you do know it is possible for even laptops to be possessed. My last laptop frustrated the life out of me, I had to just beg one guy like that to buy the thing for 10k - in fact, I was ready to dash the guy sef, but my friends dey para - so i just say make him bring 10k.

The thing was a 4GB RAM / 500GB / HP, several years back - but believe me, it was like a curse, i am better off without that excuse of a laptop.

@OP, i hope this your PC does not match the specs above sha, otherwise I will tell you categorically that you are wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Fulaman198(m): 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
dhtml18:
But in Nigeria, you do know it is possible for even laptops to be possessed. My last laptop frustrated the life out of me, I had to just beg one guy like that to buy the thing for 10k - in fact, I was ready to dash the guy sef, but my friends dey para - so i just say make him bring 10k.

The thing was a 4GB RAM / 500GB / HP, several years back - but believe me, it was like a curse, i am better off without that excuse of a laptop.

@OP, i hope this your PC does not match the specs above sha, otherwise I will tell you categorically that you are wasting your time.

I stay away from those jalopies lolll. Also, it's part of the reason I've become more of a Linux/UNIX guy these days. Nothing against windows of course. But if I ever get into gaming again (10 - 15% chance for that to happen) then Windows is definitely #1. But for the time being I'm quite happy with my Lenovo Thinkpad W541 and MacBookPro 15" Mid-2014 retina.

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Fulaman198:

I stay away from those jalopies lolll. Also, it's part of the reason I've become more of a Linux/UNIX guy these days. Nothing against windows of course. But if I ever get into gaming again (10 - 15% chance for that to happen) then Windows is definitely #1. But for the time being I'm quite happy with my Lenovo Thinkpad W541 and MacBookPro 15" Mid-2014 retina.
Yes o, well, i work more on linux too these days and mac. My windows is just well, just there. But i wont use any windows less than 8GB.

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Fulaman198(m): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Yes o, well, i work more on linux too these days and mac. My windows is just well, just there. But i wont use any windows less than 8GB.

Same here, I would actually say 16gb+ RAM for me because I run VMs as well.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
Fulaman198:

Exactly, the stuffs I am dealing with now, 8GB is not enough at all. . .
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Raypawer(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
ha, you for get Tianhe-2 super computer na! 16gb+, thats about 18gb || <=20gb || what shocked shocked shocked, na him i dey find 12gb RAM

Fulaman198:

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 11, 2016
Raypawer:
ha, you for get Tianhe-2 super computer na! 16gb+, thats about 18gb || <=20gb || what shocked shocked shocked, na him i dey find 12gb RAM

Maka why? My next system will be at least 16GB or 64GB (if i can find one - dont ask me why). . .
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
dhtml18:

Don't worry I Don do am grin thanks anyway
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Raypawer:
whats the spec of your system? did it meet the requirement of the software

you need a high speed internet connection in order to allow visual studio connect to oracle servers and install java sdk, android studio and the like during installation, but i will still like to see a screen snap of the error..

Have fixed the issue bro. Thanks
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
dhtml18:

Thats the spec, but its working fine nw
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by olyjosh(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
@fulaman (especially) and @dhtml, you guys should have created a post and call it bragging about my machine.

You refuse to solve d op's problem but instead making mouth on his important thread he has created to find solution wen he need 1. OMG angry

I don't mean to offend you but sorry I need to offend you and I'm not sorry about it. awon omo oju o ri Ola ri ti won ni awon ni olaniyonu

Anyway na all these machine especially Dat "MacBook pro 15 retina" na en we use setup cyber Caffè in my village. Yet I ain't Bragg about it. Come dey disturb person for here dey show us unbuntu installation. I don't expect this from u. I highly hyper disappointed

2 Likes

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by africanboy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
cbrass:
Have been having problems installing Microsoft visual studio 2015 since yesterday, it's gives me errors like. Microsoft preparation not found, Ms SQL server not found, Java sdk errors too,

My os is windowss 8.1

for the benefit of future googlers, please post the solution here.

my guess is that is was an internet connection issue, since the installer needs to download those third party tools during installation
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by olyjosh(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
africanboy:

my guess is that is was an internet connection issue, since the installer needs to download those third party tools during installation

Beta talk

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
olyjosh:
@fulaman (especially) and @dhtml, you guys should have created a post and call it bragging about my machine.

You refuse to solve d op's problem but instead making mouth on his important thread he has created to find solution wen he need 1. OMG angry

I don't mean to offend you but sorry I need to offend you and I'm not sorry about it. awon omo oju o ri Ola ri ti won ni awon ni olaniyonu

Anyway na all these machine especially Dat "MacBook pro 15 retina" na en we use setup cyber Caffè in my village. Yet I ain't Bragg about it. Come dey disturb person for here dey show us unbuntu installation. I don't expect this from u. I highly hyper disappointed
Hmn, I am planning to get a 64GB RAM machine, I shall post the screen-shot here when i gerrit.

africanboy:

Yeah, this can help guys like olyjosh (especially) with his 32MB RAM machine.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by olyjosh(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
dhtml18:

Hmn, I am planning to get a 64GB RAM machine, I shall post the screen-shot here when i gerrit.
You better do if dat childish attitude make you not to die young, one day it shall make you grow.

dhtml18:

Yeah, this can help guys like olyjosh (especially) with his 32MB RAM machine.
I'm not a .net developer though, I'm a java , swift developer - You know the requirements. In case you don't know, I'm okay on my 32mb ram machine so far I can still continue using java,android,ios development tool among others on em

BYE ON THIS THREAD! CASE CLOSED BY ME

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
^^^nobody is going to die anytime soon, stop cursing. Did you even go to church or mosque today? Why the use of such negative words?
Me, i reject am in Jesus name. You want me to start firing thunderous prayers for your 32MB ram system abi?
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by olyjosh(m): 6:35am On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^nobody is going to die anytime soon, stop cursing. Did you even go to church or mosque today? Why the use of such negative words?
Me, i reject am in Jesus name. You want me to start firing thunderous prayers for your 32MB ram system abi?

I never cursed u anyway, I'm trying to tell u to keep it up if that's what will make u live longer.

Guess what! jaars no dey work for me so it can't work against me

1 Like

Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2016
africanboy:

I bought the cd, so I noticed so many things were missing in the cd so what happens is that I made sure my internet was on, even with that installation will still stop because of an error so what I did was I will close the window and restart again and again until the installation was complete
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
cbrass:

I bought the cd, so I noticed so many things were missing in the cd so what happens is that I made sure my internet was on, even with that installation will still stop because of an error so what I did was I will close the window and restart again and again until the installation was complete
I see, you for talk that one before. For me, well, ever since I was able to secure a good internet, I usually download the whole setup from internet.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
olyjosh:

I never cursed u anyway, I'm trying to tell u to keep it up if that's what will make u live longer.

Guess what! jaars no dey work for me so it can't work against me
Or so you imagine, there are rules of engagement bro, if you cross your boundary, no matter how powerful you might be - you shall be surely dealt with.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by GregJo: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
If you're having problems installing Visual Studio, you should download VS Code. It is lightweight and runs .net languages well giving you powerful intellisence
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by africanboy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
GregJo:
If you're having problems installing Visual Studio, you should download VS Code. It is lightweight and runs .net languages well giving you powerful intellisence

but there are a lot more features in Visual Studio absent in VS Code.

My advice is, get the latest ISO and a fast internet. A powerful machine helps too...
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
^^^Exacly, a good ISO. You can usually get them from torrents website, your head dey dia jare.
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:

I see, you for talk that one before. For me, well, ever since I was able to secure a good internet, I usually download the whole setup from internet.

na wa oo grin so you think say na so i poor ni, the file was too large for me to download thats why i opted for the CD
Re: .net Programmers I Need Your Help O by cbrass(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:

Or so you imagine, there are rules of engagement bro, if you cross your boundary, no matter how powerful you might be - you shall be surely dealt with.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming: Which Is Most Lucrative? / Fix For Blackberry Torch Virtual Keyboard Bug. / Developers Check These Freebies ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.